Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Powergate3+ User (AlienTech) Questions/Help?
07-09-2023, 17:21 PM,
ZTAudi  Powergate3+ User (AlienTech) Questions/Help?
Not sure if this is the correct area for this post, so apologize if it needs to be moved...

I recently purchased a tune from a Company here in the UK where I'm based.

They sent me an AlienTech Powergate3+

Type: User
Vehicles: Car

HW: 06.43
FW: 02.09

I was to use it on my 2011 Audi TTS. When I received it, I read the ecu from my car, used the Powergate3+ User software to download the stock file to my computer, send it to them, get a tuned file back, upload it to the Powergate3+, then flash to my car. This turned my car into an un-drivable mess with countless problems. I contact them the next day, and got ignored. I then spent 3 weeks chasing them by email, phone, facebook etc and got nothing. During those 3 weeks I re-flashed the stock map (which fixed everything and put it back to how it was - at least, it feels the same as before), used "Erase Data" in the software to remove the tuning maps from the device and I then raised a dispute with my card provider for a charge back since they weren't responding to my help or return requests.

They've now come back to me offering help - but now they're saying that by me erasing the maps from the device it has reset the entire unit since I can no longer read a new stock file, nor can I upload any tune map files (It give error of ERR_INVALID_FILE). I also can't erase data again as it gives a warning about no credits. If I connect to car to read new stock file it says mod files (I think) empty and I need to contact the master!!

If this normal? Surely a device that's sold to me as being able to store 5 maps and be used to reflash whatever I want anytime, *SURELY* erasing my map files off the device wouldn't cause these problems!?? What the hell has happened to it!? Is there any way I can decode or revive stuff my end?

MTIA

Password for anything I share here is: jtanner_IAmOrion_cartechnology.co.uk
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2023, 08:39 AM,
RE: Powergate3+ User (AlienTech) Questions/Help?
(07-09-2023, 17:21 PM)jtanner Wrote:  Not sure if this is the correct area for this post, so apologize if it needs to be moved...

I recently purchased a tune from a Company here in the UK where I'm based.

They sent me an AlienTech Powergate3+

Type: User
Vehicles: Car

HW: 06.43
FW: 02.09

I was to use it on my 2011 Audi TTS. When I received it, I read the ecu from my car, used the Powergate3+ User software to download the stock file to my computer, send it to them, get a tuned file back, upload it to the Powergate3+, then flash to my car. This turned my car into an un-drivable mess with countless problems. I contact them the next day, and got ignored. I then spent 3 weeks chasing them by email, phone, facebook etc and got nothing. During those 3 weeks I re-flashed the stock map (which fixed everything and put it back to how it was - at least, it feels the same as before), used "Erase Data" in the software to remove the tuning maps from the device and I then raised a dispute with my card provider for a charge back since they weren't responding to my help or return requests.

They've now come back to me offering help - but now they're saying that by me erasing the maps from the device it has reset the entire unit since I can no longer read a new stock file, nor can I upload any tune map files (It give error of ERR_INVALID_FILE). I also can't erase data again as it gives a warning about no credits. If I connect to car to read new stock file it says mod files (I think) empty and I need to contact the master!!

If this normal? Surely a device that's sold to me as being able to store 5 maps and be used to reflash whatever I want anytime, *SURELY* erasing my map files off the device wouldn't cause these problems!?? What the hell has happened to it!? Is there any way I can decode or revive stuff my end?

MTIA

The board is loaded with your original vr file and allows 5 different tunes to upload to the car. If you deleted the maps in the device the company need to reupload them on the device but im not sure if they can do it remotely or you need to send them the powergate.

[Image: ldpaoub209f.png]

[+] 1 user says Thank You to blackTDI for this post
10-09-2023, 09:40 AM,
RE: Powergate3+ User (AlienTech) Questions/Help?
it's normal, erase data is to clean unit but it's a 1 time use meaning it gets locked to a single VIN number. alientech will charge you to use it again on a different vehicle! company should have put warnings in instructions never to erase it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
0Engine OriginaL/Clone PCMFLASH Questions/Answers volavka 127 48,142 19-03-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: vLTy
XZBMW bmw 525d - user field full - ktag backup darckreign1984 10 807 08-07-2023, 07:44 AM
Last Post: ____ANGEL___
  Newbie questions jaki 2 257 28-06-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: jaki
00Windows KSuite KTAG 2.25 to 2.70 2.80 Questions Mertim 5 3,543 05-04-2023, 19:27 PM
Last Post: urgi
XZBMW bme e60 dde user field full - reset , erase a part of it? darckreign1984 8 1,000 08-08-2022, 14:03 PM
Last Post: darckreign1984
  Alientech New Tool damir195 1 694 24-02-2022, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Jurebv
ZVW Beginner Questions :-) Screwdrivekiller 5 739 05-04-2019, 23:01 PM
Last Post: Remap Ross
0Dash What i need for alientech powergate 3? Orange_99 1 343 24-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Orange_99
  KESS V2 K & Alientech Stickers Tune-Tec 0 426 18-02-2019, 18:39 PM
Last Post: Tune-Tec
  K-SUITE 2.47 Feedback / questions and answers Crysis05 1 702 02-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Last Post: beemered