Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

PassatB8,no more side assist after rear bumper repair.
23-09-2023, 10:52 AM,
ZVW  PassatB8,no more side assist after rear bumper repair.
Hello everyone,

I have had an accident where someone rear ended my car, the bumper was repainted and remounted, the sensors were not changed and they worked perfectly before the bumper being repainted(it was a minor fender bender).

After the bumper was repaired by an independent shop, my side assist stopped working(no check engine, or anything on the dashboard), so I tried scanning the car with my VCDS hex v2 clone.

I cannot understand why I have so many errors, and how i could repair my side assist.
After some digging on google, I saw that people that are upgrading dashboard from analog to digital, have the abs error that i somehow got, so I got to recalibrate it using rosstech guide, without any luck apparently, even thou all the calibrations finished successfully.

What should i start with in order to get my car back to it working function, prior to repairing the bumper, the only error i had was the Engine - particulate filter error ?
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Attached Files
Log-PASSAT COS-WVWZZZ3CZHP026131-268215km-166661mi.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 10 times
Size: 24.39 KB

Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2023, 15:58 PM,
RE: PassatB8,no more side assist after rear bumper repair.
So, are all those errors still present?
Have you tried clearing them?

Also note, that all errors happened at the same time (same mileage).
The workshop that did repairs probably have disconnected some harness without powering down car's systems first (disconnecting battery) - which resulted in the lots of errors..
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pupu144 for this post
24-09-2023, 00:58 AM,
Hello friend,

As I see I am sure they disconnected the harness of your side assist radar as a result, you have to calibrate them to resolve the problem. And they need laser tools only available at the dealer workshop. Don't loose your time , just go to the dealer workshop.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to majorak for this post
24-09-2023, 06:03 AM,
Have you brought the vehicle above the minimum threshold speed for the lane assist, so maybe the modules try dynamic calibration?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to liviu2004 for this post
24-09-2023, 07:54 AM,
scan with an original vcds, you scanned with a clone and it doesn't read the errors on lane change assist
[+] 1 user says Thank You to vlahdacoroman for this post
24-09-2023, 13:19 PM,
@pupu144 Thank you for the reply, yes i did clean the whole error log and rescanned it afterwards, they came back, this log you are seeing is after i already did 2 full scans with dtc deletion afterwards.
The situation you are describing is exactly what I think happened, never the less, I will continue with my attempts of repair.

@majorak Thank you for the reply and explicit instructions, If after I solve the other issues that may trigger ADAS type problems(steering wheel angle calibration and whatnot), the side assist issue is till present, i will get the car to a stealership, however ,i will want to have as few problems as possible, so that they do not rob me smile

@liviu2004 I have had a few trips with the car, maximum of 30 minutes , with a steep of maximum 110km/h , however , nothing happened , or it did not dynamically calibrated the sensors. If you think there is something different that can be done , please advise, your input is very appreciated, also thank you for the reply biggrin

@vlahdacoroman I will do that on monday, currently i tried scanning with a hexv2 clone(as said in the description) and with a launch interface(dbscar7), those uds messages were present in that scan as well. Thank you for the reply and for the advice.

Currently, i will try what was described here, I have also been advised to first solve the steering alignments sensor(calibrate it), and to disassembly the bumper and check for the positioning of the sensors. After doing all that I will probably come back with my results and if the issue is solved, i will simply let every one know what was the actual culprit.
24-09-2023, 22:15 PM,
When it tells on lane change, that automatic calibration is not possible, with this fault only a static calibration at the Workshop is possible and must be done with the Calibration Equipment.

It looks like you have a Hex-V1 Clone in a Hex-V2 Case. VCDS started on some version, to hide the fault codes to sell a new interface.

So the databus errors can be anything, but I think it is only something like steering angle sensor missing or implausible signal. For example ECU 13 auto dist. reg. also needs the steering angle to work.

Before you start to fix anything on the lane change sensors you have to get rid of the steering angle sensor error. Normally error will resolve itself while driving, other possibilities are to calibrate with vcds or Odis or maybe disconnect battery and reconnect after 5 minutes. Then start engine, turn the driving wheel to the full left angle end and hold it like 3 seconds, then full right angle end and hold it also 3 seconds. Repeat it for like 2-3 times and turn it back into the middle again and try to drive like 5 minutes.

If this didn’t resolve the error and it is also not possible to calibrate with a diagnostic tool then steering wheel angle can be broken. You can also check in ECU 03 ABS Measurement Blocks and get information of the steering angle. When it is not moving or it is jumping around implausible, then the sensor part which is located behind the steering wheel is broken.

If my answer helped to fix anything, then don't forget to give me some rep please! 
[+] 1 user says Thank You to PopDog for this post
25-09-2023, 11:58 AM,
@PopDog Thank you for the analysis.
The fact that the hex might be a v1 and not a v2, that is scary .... I have used the software and the .."medicine" that supposedly works only with v2, so maybe maybe there is some hope.
Regarding lane assist, my car does not have lane assist, I enabled it to use openpilot, and it works, it shows that error when my openpilot device is not connected(https://github.com/commaai/openpilot/wik...ith-ACC%5D) , I did however take screenshots when i coded that part so I can always revert to the original coding and re-revert after everything else is configured:
Module 17 INSTRUMENTS:
Official long code: 074104102F880008018868091000000000000000
My long code with lane assits: 07A40A106F88000801886B0B1000000000000000

Module 44 Steerign Assist:
Official long code: 01000010004000
My long code with lane assist: 01000011004000

I am not afraid of the lane assist errors, what scared me a bit were the abs, esp(steering angle sensors) and the fact that my side assist stopped working, which , on my whale of a car , is really usefull smile

Thank you again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 Audi A8 help to flash A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist (J1121) deutsch 2 140 11-04-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: spooky75
  How to identify flash file name for each steering assist anass_f 2 122 28-03-2024, 13:24 PM
Last Post: anass_f
ZBentley Bentley flying spur led tail light repair ahmadarifai 1 66 15-03-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: audi666
  AUDI G85 REPAIR rasmoka 1 117 07-03-2024, 14:35 PM
Last Post: rasmoka
ZTAudi AUDI A8 USA rear brake lights to ECE coding Arbi007 0 84 02-02-2024, 21:07 PM
Last Post: Arbi007
  2013 audi RS4 4.2 rear right shock wiring help deutsch 0 55 29-01-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: deutsch
ZTAudi Audi A8 rear lcd TomSab 0 80 19-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: TomSab
  Thread Modes VW Golf Variant steering assist problem: check sum error patriekje92 6 1,133 22-12-2023, 18:26 PM
Last Post: Lez78
ZTAudi A6 4G - Lane Assist unlimited PopDog 2 919 04-12-2023, 19:02 PM
Last Post: ELMEPRO
  Repair Manual in ODIS S DieselAutoServis 2 371 12-09-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: nitroscry