Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

[BMW - ISTA] Set up ista
25-09-2023, 01:29 AM,
XZBMW  [BMW - ISTA] Set up ista
Greetings to all! I'm curious if ISTA requires a source with substantial files, as I'm in need of either an SSD or HDD. However, this might not be the most suitable option for me, given that I only own two BMW cars. I believe I only require a source for these two cars to optimize memory usage.

I've come up with a solution: when I perform the initial scan, I'll compile a list of all the car variants and then eliminate any unnecessary ones. Has anyone else considered this approach or come up with alternative solutions to tackle this issue? Thank you all in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2023, 15:31 PM,
RE: [BMW - ISTA] Set up ista
Samsung 990 Pro 2TB SSD At 7 Cents Per GB, If you can not afford 2tb_SSD in 2023 then maybe you shouldn't be driving/owning BMW ? (Oil supplies for changing Oil in BMW 6 cylinders in USA is $210~250). To diagnose BMW for trouble code(s) as of Sep.2023 is from $150~325(just to tell you code(s) and possible action to remedy code(s))
It does NOT work like that, But you can remove ALOT of small files(1Kb~4Kb) ISTA is about 3~10GB, SQL-Files(Repair, How To, Electrical, Etc..) is biggest files in ISTA and programming files also big
Older ISTA 3.5x compressed is about 5GB

(25-09-2023, 01:29 AM)thanhphan1004 Wrote:  Greetings to all! I'm curious if ISTA requires a source with substantial files, as I'm in need of either an SSD or HDD. However, this might not be the most suitable option for me, given that I only own two BMW cars. I believe I only require a source for these two cars to optimize memory usage.

I've come up with a solution: when I perform the initial scan, I'll compile a list of all the car variants and then eliminate any unnecessary ones. Has anyone else considered this approach or come up with alternative solutions to tackle this issue? Thank you all in advance!

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CATAHA for this post
25-09-2023, 16:09 PM,
Thank you sincerely for your assistance. I brought up this issue because I currently reside in an economically challenged country, where the workforce faces significant financial hardship. My aim is to discover a solution to assist them, particularly when dealing with severely outdated computers. The wealth gap in my nation is substantial, with even students like us grappling with issues related to data, which may not be essential.

I believe that variations only occur in specific vehicle models targeted at particular markets, and terms like JOB ABL, FUB, etc., are deeply intertwined with comprehending these variations. The challenge lies in the fact that SQL is extensive and challenging to modify.

Once again, I express my heartfelt gratitude.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to thanhphan1004 for this post
25-09-2023, 16:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 25-09-2023, 16:43 PM by Node.)
Newest ISTA without programming data is less than 85GB (with one language). Most of that are SQLites. That means repair instructions, schematics, etc. ABLs and PRGs are less than 2.5GB of that in TOTAL. Even if you spend couple weeks to separate only the ones for your two cars... WILL that help you AT ALL??? You maybe remove 2GB... I HIGHLY doubt that... And you risk breaking ISTA if suddenly you need some specific test.

To clean up SQLites you need to know their structure VERY well. Else you will have failures left and right. NOT worth it at all. If you are so space limited, use other tools...

You talk about 2 cars. That sounds like you DON'T need programming data...

P.S. We all know prices in USA are CRAZY yikes. That is not a measure of ANY kind.
P.P.S. Somehow it feels you could find 128GB HDD or SSD quite cheap even in VERY "economically challenged" country...

P.P.S. Just looked at NEW flash drives. 128GB SATA SSDs here in EU are less than 15€, external USB ones can be found for less than 10€. And those are GOOD ones from Kingston, Patriot, etc. Even if your cars are very old and cheap they STILL must be orders of magnitude MORE EXPENSIVE than this.

P.P.P.S. And IF your cars are old and cheap, you DEFINITELY DON'T NEED programming data in ISTA.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
26-09-2023, 02:32 AM,
(25-09-2023, 16:29 PM)Node Wrote:  Newest ISTA without programming data is less than 85GB (with one language). Most of that are SQLites. That means repair instructions, schematics, etc. ABLs and PRGs are less than 2.5GB of that in TOTAL. Even if you spend couple weeks to separate only the ones for your two cars... WILL that help you AT ALL??? You maybe remove 2GB... I HIGHLY doubt that... And you risk breaking ISTA if suddenly you need some specific test.

To clean up SQLites you need to know their structure VERY well. Else you will have failures left and right. NOT worth it at all. If you are so space limited, use other tools...

You talk about 2 cars. That sounds like you DON'T need programming data...

P.S. We all know prices in USA are CRAZY yikes. That is not a measure of ANY kind.
P.P.S. Somehow it feels you could find 128GB HDD or SSD quite cheap even in VERY "economically challenged" country...

P.P.S. Just looked at NEW flash drives. 128GB SATA SSDs here in EU are less than 15€, external USB ones can be found for less than 10€. And those are GOOD ones from Kingston, Patriot, etc. Even if your cars are very old and cheap they STILL must be orders of magnitude MORE EXPENSIVE than this.

P.P.P.S. And IF your cars are old and cheap, you DEFINITELY DON'T NEED programming data in ISTA.

Yeah, thanks for your help!
26-09-2023, 02:34 AM,
I was planning write a program to shrink the SDP data for only the car type you owned and I finished about 20%.
Then I bought a 2TB SSD for only about 70 USD, so I droped the work smile

If you want to reduce the SDP size, I think you could base on your car's FA and hardware variant. Keep your hardware related firmware and remove others. That could make a lot of free space. But this is only my opinion, you should dig deeper.

BMW 5 Series and Audi Q4 e-tron user.
If it helps, please give rep yes , thanks!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rocdeng for this post
26-09-2023, 07:01 AM,
(26-09-2023, 02:34 AM)rocdeng Wrote:  I was planning write a program to shrink the SDP data for only the car type you owned and I finished about 20%.
Then I bought a 2TB SSD for only about 70 USD, so I droped the work smile

If you want to reduce the SDP size, I think you could base on your car's FA and hardware variant. Keep your hardware related firmware and remove others. That could make a lot of free space. But this is only my opinion, you should dig deeper.

Thank you for your suggestion; I believe we could use some extra coffee in the evening.  clapping clapping coffee coffee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,705 661,346 2 hours ago
Last Post: 2013m5
  ista 4.46 Standalone kiranabc 65 9,292 3 hours ago
Last Post: kiranabc
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.47.1x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 11 705 3 hours ago
Last Post: ctgy8923
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 96 11,127 11 hours ago
Last Post: CATAHA
XZBMW [MEGA] ISTA 4.32 // ISTA-P 3.72 + ALL LOADER up to 6.6 // no license needed hashtagmaster 61 18,230 21-04-2024, 22:17 PM
Last Post: grizzle
XZBMW ISTA SQLiteDBs PL Polish 4.40.12 - 4.40.40 maksymw 3 967 21-04-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: matigdy
XZBMW Update ISTA 4.39.20 SQLiteDBs Italian Language diman64 10 975 20-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: elettra19
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.45.3x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 10 2,269 18-04-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  ISTA Polish SQLiteDBs 4.45.30 PL Thomas77 0 129 17-04-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Thomas77
XZBMW ISTA+ 4.46.5x Install Files - MEGA shawnsheridan 4 939 16-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: shawnsheridan