Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

AMTBST Genuine. Latest update does not correct checksums properly.
30-09-2023, 09:59 AM,
AMTBST Genuine. Latest update does not correct checksums properly.
The latest AMTBST software update from AmtCartech does NOT checksum the EDC16 properly and bricks the ECU.
I am unsure how the AMTBST does the flashing side however it would recognise the processor but just not reflash the original backup after bricking.
My PCMFlash and Scanmatik successfully flashed the original file after bricking as it uses a custom boot loader in RAM to control the flashing.
So there you have it. If you've bricked an EDC16 ECU. You can either use PCMFlash module 77 or pop the lid off it and go down the BDM route.
How do you know when it's going to go wrong with AMTBST and the EDC16? The software will tell you there's more than the usual amount of checksums to be corrected (in my case 1). If it says more or less than the usual amount you see, do not flash or you will end up with a brick.
I cannot comment on any other ECU types as I have put the AMTBST back in the box for now until the problem is rectified by AmtCartech
Cheers all.
Psi

If I have helped you out, please drop us a thanks on the button below. Cheers.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to PsiDOC for this post
30-09-2023, 10:51 AM,
RE: AMTBST Genuine. Latest update does not correct checksums properly.
(30-09-2023, 09:59 AM)PsiDOC Wrote:  The latest AMTBST software update from AmtCartech does NOT checksum the EDC16 properly and bricks the ECU.
I am unsure how the AMTBST does the flashing side however it would recognise the processor but just not reflash the original backup after bricking.
My PCMFlash and Scanmatik successfully flashed the original file after bricking as it uses a custom boot loader in RAM to control the flashing.
So there you have it. If you've bricked an EDC16 ECU. You can either use PCMFlash module 77 or pop the lid off it and go down the BDM route.
How do you know when it's going to go wrong with AMTBST and the EDC16? The software will tell you there's more than the usual amount of checksums to be corrected (in my case 1). If it says more or less than the usual amount you see, do not flash or you will end up with a brick.
I cannot comment on any other ECU types as I have put the AMTBST back in the box for now until the problem is rectified by AmtCartech
Cheers all.
Psi

Always correct the checksum with external software

like my post and the content i share, give me a +1 recommendation and a thanks = [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] [Image: tyl_add.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CenturionM for this post
30-09-2023, 11:09 AM,
this is not good advice actually with genuine tools, some genuine tools will not like external checksums correction

Fileservice Dyno Tested: Stage 1,2,3 , Manual: DPF off, EGR off, AdBlue
https://www.tuning-makarska.com/   We offer free slave tools !
Official Magicmotorsport Distributor
Official Autotuner Distributor
Official Alientech Distributor

DAMOS List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gpra...zynXdvmLw/

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Jurebv for this post
30-09-2023, 11:54 AM,
(30-09-2023, 11:09 AM)Jurebv Wrote:  this is not good advice actually with genuine tools, some genuine tools will not like external checksums correction

Can you say something more about this?

I always correct the checksum externally and I have never had a problem with this topic

like my post and the content i share, give me a +1 recommendation and a thanks = [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] [Image: tyl_add.png]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CenturionM for this post
30-09-2023, 11:57 AM,
alientech sometimes doesnt allow writing files that were externally checksummed and display checksum error

flex sometimes writes that file cannot be indentified as suitable for ecu when checksums externally corrected

autotuner i didnt notice having issues with this

other tools cannot comment as i dont use

Fileservice Dyno Tested: Stage 1,2,3 , Manual: DPF off, EGR off, AdBlue
https://www.tuning-makarska.com/   We offer free slave tools !
Official Magicmotorsport Distributor
Official Autotuner Distributor
Official Alientech Distributor

DAMOS List: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gpra...zynXdvmLw/

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Jurebv for this post
30-09-2023, 18:27 PM,
FG Technology has the choice of can improve or not

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDC17c49 doblo correct mileage gordonpl93 1 73 27-03-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: GoldRush
  Mercedes CRD3.20 repair after failed update Michel R32 4 192 25-03-2024, 13:12 PM
Last Post: Michel R32
  Ktag 7020 firmware+SD free - update solved ovi730 38 16,293 07-03-2024, 13:38 PM
Last Post: vLTy
PPeugeot Update gear ratio far cruise control Crx976 3 183 16-02-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Crx976
HFerrari hi i am searching update flash file for this car Porsche GT3 --------------- Flas psx000 0 109 06-02-2024, 19:24 PM
Last Post: psx000
  Solved ✔ DCM7.1a checksum correct kuki88 9 416 29-12-2023, 14:43 PM
Last Post: kuki88
  Solved ✔ Med17.2.5 need checksum correct legze 3 235 26-12-2023, 18:07 PM
Last Post: legze
YTMercedes Solved ✔ mersedes sprinter, check please for adblue off properly olegka19 3 237 22-11-2023, 03:52 AM
Last Post: olegka19
ZVW Is this the latest DSG software for my car? jfim88 1 212 08-11-2023, 17:22 PM
Last Post: jfim88
  Solution - Correct CenturionM 0 240 15-09-2023, 17:44 PM
Last Post: CenturionM