Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E71 indicators not self canceling
03-11-2023, 11:48 AM,
E71 indicators not self canceling
The car is 2011 E71 (X6). The indicator won't self cancel. Anyone had this issue? 

The issue came about after the dealer replaced two airbags so the dasboard was taken out. Now the indicators won't self cancel. After that the dealer said the the SZL was broken during proceduce and they wanted to replace it and program the car. The car is tuned so updating the car is no go, the owner doesn't want to lose the tune. So the dealer replaced the szl, I coded it to car, but still the same issue. Everything else works just fine.
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2023, 12:05 PM,
RE: E71 indicators not self canceling
Does your steering angle sensor work correctly?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
03-11-2023, 12:09 PM,
I would say so, didn't check it while driving, but when stationary it works
03-11-2023, 12:10 PM,
And no other SZL related faults remaining?
03-11-2023, 12:22 PM,
No SZL or FRM related faults
03-11-2023, 16:04 PM,
read the tune, update the car, reapply the tune on new file....

anyway SZL transmits angle value directly to dsc in f-can then over pt-can to jbe and then in k-can and pt-can(only if ahl fitted) to frm. Check steering angle signal in FRM. FRM and SZL modules are responsible for the blinkers shut off. Did you encoded dsc after szl changing?

basically they do the issue and they will have to solve, imho i will do the first choice

[Image: GIF-Bandiera-Italiana.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ____ANGEL___ for this post
03-11-2023, 18:39 PM,
Have you tried coding the FRM? Sometimes the coding gets corrupted and you get these kinds of errors even though the eee is still alive. Coding the FRM can then solve the issue.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to user0086 for this post
04-11-2023, 09:53 AM,
(03-11-2023, 16:04 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  read the tune, update the car, reapply the tune on new file....

anyway SZL transmits angle value directly to dsc in f-can then over pt-can to jbe and then in k-can and pt-can(only if ahl fitted) to frm. Check steering angle signal in FRM. FRM and SZL modules are responsible for the blinkers shut off. Did you encoded dsc after szl changing?

basically they do the issue and they will have to solve, imho i will do the first choice

I did code the DSC. I doubt the issue will be solved with updating the DDE. I'm thinking I'll update the FRM and DSC and see if that fixes it.

(03-11-2023, 18:39 PM)user0086 Wrote:  Have you tried coding the FRM? Sometimes the coding gets corrupted and you get these kinds of errors even though the eee is still alive. Coding the FRM can then solve the issue.

Didn't code the FRM since it didn't show any codes. Will try this before updating modules.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW F48 FLE and Indicators US to EU DEJMIEN 9 596 07-06-2023, 20:27 PM
Last Post: kklobo
XZBMW Flashing indicators when locking Fatalix 4 803 28-12-2018, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Almaretto
  sports indicators Jalami 2 476 03-12-2018, 21:43 PM
Last Post: Jalami