Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ICAM-R / ICAM-S on BMW F33 LCI
11-12-2023, 12:33 PM,
XZBMW  ICAM-R / ICAM-S on BMW F33 LCI
Hi to all,
Considering SVT-calculation on BMW F33 prod. 2019, the 5DL VO expects only TRSVC technology.
It is possible to integrate ICAM-S with 4 cameras, or at least ICAM-R ? instead TRSVC with 1 or 5 cameras.
FEM can support this techno ?
Thank you
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2023, 17:33 PM,
RE: ICAM-R / ICAM-S on BMW F33 LCI
3AG and 5DL work only on KCAN1 for F3x all years.
5DL with ICAM works on KCAN3 for other models and whilst you might find a CAN filter to convert the signal the cameras won’t fit the mirrors or the front bumper.

Whilst you can find a fairly rare ICAM1 that was fitted OEM to the lci models with the EVO head unit it still works on CAN1 as does the TRSVC 5 camera system.
There is no ICAM 5DL possible for F3x, the mirror and side cameras will not fit the units or work on KCAN1, but there is a boot handle for an ICAM1 reversing camera.

On top of that, post 7/2017 BMW fitted various FEM’s some of which did NOT contain KCAN1, some do some don’t, you cannot tell until you have a look at A173*8 pins 51/52 and check the wiring.
It is also possible that even if there is no wiring fitted into those pins 51/52 you may still have KCAN1 but it’s only until you hook it all up and code it that you can find out unless you have a FEM that has the letters MAX anywhere on the label.

It’s a bit of a nightmare, if you have to buy a new FEM from BMW it’s roughly £600 but it will have KCAN1 and be supplied ready to just fit and code without the need to clone.

Hope that all makes sense? …

Kafas2 FSC part numbers smile
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Pommie for this post
12-12-2023, 09:51 AM,
(11-12-2023, 17:33 PM)Pommie Wrote:  3AG and 5DL work only on KCAN1 for F3x all years.
5DL with ICAM works on KCAN3 for other models and whilst you might find a CAN filter to convert the signal the cameras won’t fit the mirrors or the front bumper.

Whilst you can find a fairly rare ICAM1 that was fitted OEM to the lci models with the EVO head unit it still works on CAN1 as does the TRSVC 5 camera system.
There is no ICAM 5DL possible for F3x, the mirror and side cameras will not fit the units or work on KCAN1, but there is a boot handle for an ICAM1 reversing camera.

On top of that, post 7/2017 BMW fitted various FEM’s some of which did NOT contain KCAN1, some do some don’t, you cannot tell until you have a look at A173*8 pins 51/52 and check the wiring.
It is also possible that even if there is no wiring fitted into those pins 51/52 you may still have KCAN1 but it’s only until you hook it all up and code it that you can find out unless you have a FEM that has the letters MAX anywhere on the label.

It’s a bit of a nightmare, if you have to buy a new FEM from BMW it’s roughly £600 but it will have KCAN1 and be supplied ready to just fit and code without the need to clone.

Hope that all makes sense? …
Untrue, ICAM-R from K-CAN3 will work in F20/F30 on K-CAN2, all you need is to update to the latest Ilevel, and code it on the bench (with ZGW and k-can3) to the car, and then put it to yours F20/F30, it will not show in ECU's tree but will work, if you want to diagnose it or see in esys you could use diag rerouting.
12-12-2023, 10:37 AM,
Untrue, ICAM-R from K-CAN3 will work in F20/F30 on K-CAN2, all you need is to update to the latest Ilevel, and code it on the bench (with ZGW and k-can3) to the car, and then put it to yours F20/F30, it will not show in ECU's tree but will work, if you want to diagnose it or see in esys you could use diag rerouting.
[/quote]

Thank you for that, you could also use a CAN filter maybe but I was answering the OP mainly on the 5DL possibility of using ICAM.

I’m sure you can do what you suggest but it needs a bench setup and possible issues for any future owner if you cannot see the ICAM in the ECU list in ISTA or any diagnostic program, however I will bear your information in mind should I need to try that type of solution.

Kafas2 FSC part numbers smile
12-12-2023, 11:08 AM,
(12-12-2023, 10:37 AM)Pommie Wrote:  Thank you for that, you could also use a CAN filter maybe but I was answering the OP mainly on the 5DL possibility of using ICAM.

I’m sure you can do what you suggest but it needs a bench setup and possible issues for any future owner if you cannot see the ICAM in the ECU list in ISTA or any diagnostic program, however I will bear your information in mind should I need to try that type of solution.
As I said before, If you want to see ICAM in ECU List(with Esys or ISTA) you could use the diag reroute routine with tool32 or Transmitter, it will be in the list until your reboot FEM. But yeah for the initial setup, you need ZGW with K-CAN3 on the bench.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pRoxxxDD for this post
13-12-2023, 11:11 AM,
(12-12-2023, 11:08 AM)pRoxxxDD Wrote:  
(12-12-2023, 10:37 AM)Pommie Wrote:  Thank you for that, you could also use a CAN filter maybe but I was answering the OP mainly on the 5DL possibility of using ICAM.

As I said before, If you want to see ICAM in ECU List(with Esys or ISTA) you could use the diag reroute routine with tool32 or Transmitter, it will be in the list until your reboot FEM. But yeah for the initial setup, you need ZGW with K-CAN3 on the bench.

Or rewrite the diag route table on ZGW to make it persistent smile Did that to keep DKombi2 on F01...

I like Objective-C

https://bmwevofix.com EVO Ram upgrade, gps, NAND, NOR, etc...
13-12-2023, 12:27 PM,
(13-12-2023, 11:11 AM)walkernight88 Wrote:  

Or rewrite the diag route table on ZGW to make it persistent smile Did that to keep DKombi2 on F01...
Wow that's interesting, is there any routine to do it?
13-12-2023, 20:19 PM,
(13-12-2023, 12:27 PM)pRoxxxDD Wrote:  
(13-12-2023, 11:11 AM)walkernight88 Wrote:  

Wow that's interesting, is there any routine to do it?

No. Unconventional routine... flash or write directly to MCU. Anyway, you can live with the tool32 routine to temporarily adding routes, so not a blocking bug.

I like Objective-C

https://bmwevofix.com EVO Ram upgrade, gps, NAND, NOR, etc...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW F40 icam retrofit on entrynav2 Bavrian 8 409 17-03-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Lpapp
XZBMW Low quality image ICAM. ruben_17non 1 349 06-09-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Bluposeidon
XZBMW BMW G11 - ICAM coding problem matigdy 8 2,466 25-01-2023, 14:26 PM
Last Post: matigdy
  BMW G-Series ICAM retrofit without PDC Airbus 1 396 17-10-2022, 23:24 PM
Last Post: kumaichi
  ICam k-can2 larshutten 2 958 24-08-2022, 17:39 PM