Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW MOTORRAD GS310R Mileage Question
07-01-2024, 21:25 PM,
BMW MOTORRAD GS310R Mileage Question
2017 Model GS310R

Where is the vehicle mileage stored?  I've been offered a bike that has had the cluster smashed and locks broken (stolen/recovered bike).

The current owner has replaced the cluster with a brand new component from BMW, but it is not coded to the bike.

Where is the mileage stored?  It is held in 2 places on BMW cars, and I wondered if bikes were similar?

Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2024, 22:14 PM,
RE: BMW MOTORRAD GS310R Mileage Question
The mileage stored in BMS-EB2 and KOMB03.

If he bought a new unit then ISTA+ can coded and write a mileage in the new KOMBI!

Vojnó
Press Thanks and reputation under if this post helped you. 
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Vojno for this post
07-01-2024, 22:26 PM,
(07-01-2024, 22:14 PM)Vojno Wrote:  The mileage stored in  BMS-EB2 and KOMB03.

If he bought a new unit then ISTA+ can coded and write a mileage in the new KOMBI!

Thank you, I suspected that was the case.

He also changed the BMS-EB2 using a secondhand part, complete with lock and keys.  The original lock had been damaged and keys were not present.   He has kept the original BMS-EB2 and it will be supplied with the bike if I decide to purchase.

So I guess I have three possible options.

1.  Replace the original BMS-EB2, order a lock and matching keys from BMW dealer.  Then code in the new KOMBI.

2.  Keep the secondhand BMS-EB2 and code the KOMBI.  But the KOMBI then inherits the mileage of the previous bike and the VIN stored in the BMS-EB2 will not match the VIN on the bike frame?

3.  Purchase a brand new BMS-EB2 from dealer, and a lock and key set.  Then code it all in and the bike would show delivery mileage?

Are there any other options I could consider?  Is it possible to change the VIN on the BMS-EB2 and would ISTA detect that the BMS-EB2 has been tampered with if I do so?

07-01-2024, 22:55 PM,
(07-01-2024, 22:26 PM)BlueMeetsWhite Wrote:  

He also changed the BMS-EB2 using a secondhand part, complete with lock and keys.  The original lock had been damaged and keys were not present.   He has kept the original BMS-EB2 and it will be supplied with the bike if I decide to purchase.

1.  Replace the original BMS-EB2, order a lock and matching keys from BMW dealer.  Then code in the new KOMBI.

2.  Keep the secondhand BMS-EB2 and code the KOMBI.  But the KOMBI then inherits the mileage of the previous bike and the VIN stored in the BMS-EB2 will not match the VIN on the bike frame?

3.  Purchase a brand new BMS-EB2 from dealer, and a lock and key set.  Then code it all in and the bike would show delivery mileage?

Are there any other options I could consider?  Is it possible to change the VIN on the BMS-EB2 and would ISTA detect that the BMS-EB2 has been tampered with if I do so?

The clean solution would be if the owner were to order a new ignition key with keys based on VIN from BMW and then can use the original BMS and the new kombi!
Of course, KOBI must be coded for it.

Vojnó
08-01-2024, 06:36 AM,
(07-01-2024, 22:55 PM)Vojno Wrote:  

The clean solution would be if the owner were to order a new ignition key with keys based on VIN from BMW and then can use the original BMS and the new kombi!

Thanks for your help - i'll call BMW today and price up a lock set and keys.

08-01-2024, 07:46 AM,
(08-01-2024, 06:36 AM)BlueMeetsWhite Wrote:  
(07-01-2024, 22:55 PM)Vojno Wrote:  

Thanks for your help - i'll call BMW today and price up a lock set and keys.

Onli ignition lock, because everything can be replaced under the VIN!
No need to change ECU or locks!
Although you mentioned that the vehicle was stolen, it was recovered.
In this case, a new lock set is better!

Vojnó
13-01-2024, 13:36 PM,
There is a great deal of confusion about this bike.

BMW dealers (more than one!) have told me the key has a transponder chip in.

Owner groups suggest that the key does not have a transponder chip in.

Who is correct?

13-01-2024, 14:39 PM,
Indeed, the G310 series does not have an immobilizer, therefore, there is no transponder in the key!
No ring around the ignition switch. smile

Vojnó
13-01-2024, 17:11 PM,
Vojno - thank you for all your help. I am going to try and buy the bike in the next few days. Done plenty of coding and programming on the cars and it will be interesting to do the same with motorcycles.

[+] 1 user says Thank You to BlueMeetsWhite for this post
13-01-2024, 17:20 PM,
(13-01-2024, 17:11 PM)BlueMeetsWhite Wrote:  Vojno - thank you for all your help.  I am going to try and buy the bike in the next few days.  Done plenty of coding and programming on the cars and it will be interesting to do the same with motorcycles.

If you've ever dealt with BMW cars, this won't be space technology either!  wink

Vojnó

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VW Crafter 7C0920731A mileage corection C(A)R 0 9 3 hours ago
Last Post: C(A)R
0Dash Yamaha FJR mileage modification bm92 8 63 11 hours ago
Last Post: al70
YTMercedes vito cluster mileage spoool 3 110 24-04-2024, 23:46 PM
Last Post: spoool
YTMercedes W906 2018 Sprinter mileage EIS MihaiC 6 117 23-04-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: MihaiC