Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW X5 G05 all keys lost
11-02-2024, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2024, 11:22 AM by btvaleks.)
XZBMW  BMW X5 G05 all keys lost
Hello, I have purchased a 2019 BMW X5 that has no keys at all. Went to the dealer and ordered a key by VIN, but the key does not work, the car doesnt recognise it. Also the metal part doesn’t fit the locks and when I went to the dealer to read the key in order to check if the VIN matches they couldn’t read it on their machine.

In the end they told me to have a good day and that the problem was not from them, but the car needed to have the key activated and paired and that required having another already working key. Is this true ? I have previously purchased a key for a 2018 G30 and it worked without any problems or pairing. Is there a difference in the X5 ? Also if this is true what can you guys suggest that I can do in order to fix my problem ?

In my opinion the key was mistaken (even though all documents with it said that it was correct), because the metal key part does not fit, and the dealer wants to clear their hands and not refund me. Should I order a new key and risk it not working and should it just work for this car, or it really needs some pairing process ?
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2024, 11:24 AM,
RE: BMW X5 G05 all keys lost
when you order key by vin for G chassis, it comes programmed already, all you do is teachin against steering column. metal bit is also cut to your car

NBT EVO Apple CarPlay, Navigation, Video in Motion
Speed limit activation for KAFAS 2 and 4
EntryNav EVO Apple CarPlay
Programming and Coding
BMW FSC CIC/NBT/EVO
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pcp1234 for this post
11-02-2024, 12:02 PM,
In some strange cases I had to use ista to enable new original dealer ordered key learning. There should be service function for it. Try to create session with vin number and see if the abl is available for you.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to larshutten for this post
11-02-2024, 12:34 PM,
It takes one minute in Tool32 to determine whether the key was prepared for this car VIN or another.

There are cases that the key is very difficult to initialize, but
so that the metal part does not fit, this has never happened.

Perhaps the dealer mixed up the documents and someone’s key also doesn’t work
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ben1978 for this post
11-02-2024, 13:53 PM,
Thanks guys. So it doesn’t matter that I don’t have any working keys. It should work if the key is okay ?
11-02-2024, 14:17 PM,
And the car is not stolen one?
There was a case where car had one working key. Ordered an other but does not work = probable ISN etc was manipulated
11-02-2024, 14:57 PM,
If you order a new key from BMW on G05, you can activate it by transferring data with this procedure.

All G Series vehicles:

Sit in the vehicle and close the driver’s door.
Press and hold the central lock button on the door for approximately 5 seconds.
In order to turn on ignition when performing the key update procedure please press the Start/Stop button 3 times within 4 sec.
Continue holding the lock button for approximately 5 seconds after pressing the Start/Stop button.
Release the lock button and hold the Remote Control against the right hand side of the steering column
“Updating Key data” will be displayed in the instrument cluster As soon as the key was recognized.
Once the “Updating Key data” messages have switched off and a gong tone sounds, the key data update has been completed.
Repeat the procedure for any additional remote keys.

If you still cannot activate the new key, then you'll it could have been blocked by service function.

4. Disable the teach-in of new remote controls: XX

In this process step, all the free positions in the list of remote controls (in the vehicle) are disabled.
This means that a new remote control cannot be taught in.
If a new remote control is to be taught in, all the disabled positions must be enabled again beforehand.

They are released using the following point in the selection: 5. Enable the teach-in of new remote controls

Do you want to continue the process step?
-1- Yes
-2- No

5. Enable the teach-in of new remote controls

In this process step, all the disabled positions in the list of remote controls (in the vehicle) are released.
This allows new remote controls to be taught in.
A new remote control is taught in by means of the normal process.

The free positions for the remote control are disabled using the following point in the selection: 4. Disable the teach-in of new remote controls

-1- Yes
-2- No

[+] 3 users say Thank You to bmchicago for this post
11-02-2024, 16:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2024, 16:47 PM by btvaleks.)
(11-02-2024, 14:57 PM)bmchicago Wrote:  If you order a new key from BMW on G05, you can activate it by transferring data with this procedure.

All G Series vehicles:

Sit in the vehicle and close the driver’s door.
Press and hold the central lock button on the door for approximately 5 seconds.
In order to turn on ignition when performing the key update procedure please press the Start/Stop button 3 times within 4 sec.
Continue holding the lock button for approximately 5 seconds after pressing the Start/Stop button.
Release the lock button and hold the Remote Control against the right hand side of the steering column
“Updating Key data” will be displayed in the instrument cluster As soon as the key was recognized.
Once the “Updating Key data” messages have switched off and a gong tone sounds, the key data update has been completed.
Repeat the procedure for any additional remote keys.

If you still cannot activate the new key, then you'll it could have been blocked by service function.

4.  Disable the teach-in of new remote controls: XX

In this process step, all the free positions in the list of remote controls (in the vehicle) are disabled.
This means that a new remote control cannot be taught in.
If a new remote control is to be taught in, all the disabled positions must be enabled again beforehand.

They are released using the following point in the selection: 5.  Enable the teach-in of new remote controls

-1- Yes
-2- No

5.  Enable the teach-in of new remote controls

In this process step, all the disabled positions in the list of remote controls (in the vehicle) are released.
This allows new remote controls to be taught in.
A new remote control is taught in by means of the normal process.

The free positions for the remote control are disabled using the following point in the selection: 4.  Disable the teach-in of new remote controls

-1- Yes
-2- No

Thanks but this method requires having an already working key in order to engage ignition, and I am in a all keys lost situation and cant turn on ignition. Does this mean that whatever I do I can’t add my new key ? 

As I already mentioned I already had a G30 with no keys, and the key which came from BMW worked right away, without any teach in procedures. The only difference that I can think of is that G30 had BDC2 and G05 has BDC3 module.

(11-02-2024, 14:17 PM)jaki Wrote:  And the car is not stolen one?
There was  a case where car had one working key. Ordered an other but does not work = probable ISN etc was manipulated

Car has no stolen history
11-02-2024, 21:49 PM,
someone else already tried to do all keys lost unsuccessfully and left the BDC damaged or immo data ISN been changed or the next available key slot`s been used by third party locksmith, etc. Then it might be the reason why it doesn`t want to accept the new dealer remote as data in BDC doesn`t match factory immo data anymore. In that case you will have to get a new BDC from the dealer too.
11-02-2024, 22:03 PM,
(11-02-2024, 21:49 PM)BmwMerc Wrote:  someone else already tried to do all keys lost unsuccessfully and left the BDC damaged or immo data ISN been changed or the next available key slot`s been used by third party locksmith, etc. Then it might be the reason why it doesn`t want to accept the new dealer remote as data in BDC doesn`t match factory immo data anymore. In that case you will have to get a new BDC from the dealer too.

Just curious, BDC3 is now cracked?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Lost Navigation - aircon wont turn off 2016 BMW 2 series DannyDans435 6 270 08-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: painsage
  E60 M5 SMG lost the DTC option GoNz0- 3 161 02-04-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: bmchicago
  F20 FEM problem data lost alexturbo 8 372 04-02-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: alexturbo
XZBMW When the engine is started, the diagnosis is lost BMW E39 530d OBD II spider231 7 281 03-01-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: jenny123
  ISTA connection lost and needs to restart session tste1982 11 1,008 18-12-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Krysiaman
  Solved ✔ Car shut off while driving cas 3 lost communication xMoses 3 206 08-12-2023, 15:20 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW CAS2 + MSV70 will not start after battery disconnect / lost DME<->CAS sync bmw335coding 1 235 11-11-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: johann74270
XZBMW lost services history ronaldo2002 4 520 04-06-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Ferit
  E70 cic retrofit, but I lost pdc image gmros 17 6,954 08-04-2023, 15:05 PM
Last Post: zeronoo
XZBMW Navi has lost the FSC mateos 5 501 11-02-2023, 17:24 PM
Last Post: Sedoy