Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Can hill-hold be disabled?
15-02-2024, 07:12 AM,
Can hill-hold be disabled?
I own a 2020 model Peugeot 208 1.5 diesel vehicle. I want to cancel the hill-hold and rear view camera in this vehicle. Can it be done with a diagnostic device? (actually, this vehicle is used as a driver training vehicle) 
Thank you in advance

I have diagzone and diagbox(crack)
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2024, 16:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 15-02-2024, 16:55 PM by pupu144.)
RE: Can hill-hold be disabled?
Don't know about your local laws, but in my (European) country it is allowed (and even encouraged) to use all comfort and safety features when you are taking driving exam. Hill-start have been excluded from our driving exam as well...

I doubt it would be possible to disable Hill-Start Assist, as this is a basic feature in every ABS module. Only way to check - buy a token for this VIN for official DiagBox and check in Telecoding (your vehicle is too new, no way to do this offline with a cracked soft).

As for RVC - in the US it is MANDATORY for EVERY new passenger (light) vehicle sold to have a back-up camera. Many manufacturers have followed this rule for European market as well to optimize logistics chain and to not discriminate EU end users. Get up to speed with the modern times, it's inevitable.
Some vehicles have a option in the menu to Enable/Disable RVC and other convenience features on demand through in-car infotainment.
Also, it is MUCH cheaper and easier to just put a piece of paper in front of the screen than to reprogram the vehicle each time you want to change a setting.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to pupu144 for this post
16-02-2024, 08:03 AM,
RE: Can hill-hold be disabled?
(15-02-2024, 16:46 PM)pupu144 Wrote:  Don't know about your local laws, but in my (European) country it is allowed (and even encouraged) to use all comfort and safety features when you are taking driving exam. Hill-start have been excluded from our driving exam as well...

I doubt it would be possible to disable Hill-Start Assist, as this is a basic feature in every ABS module. Only way to check - buy a token for this VIN for official DiagBox and check in Telecoding (your vehicle is too new, no way to do this offline with a cracked soft).

As for RVC - in the US it is MANDATORY for EVERY new passenger (light) vehicle sold to have a back-up camera. Many manufacturers have followed this rule for European market as well to optimize logistics chain and to not discriminate EU end users. Get up to speed with the modern times, it's inevitable.
Some vehicles have a option in the menu to Enable/Disable RVC and other convenience features on demand through in-car infotainment.
Also, it is MUCH cheaper and easier to just put a piece of paper in front of the screen than to reprogram the vehicle each time you want to change a setting.
Thanks for information. Yes, it is easy to disable the camera.smile  If hill-hold is disabled... I thought it could be disabled on the camera as well.