Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Golf 5 Immo problem after swap Vistreon -> VDO
09-04-2024, 20:50 PM,
Golf 5 Immo problem after swap Vistreon -> VDO
Hey guys!

The speedometer of my father's Golf 5 MJ 2006 is broken, display didn't turn on anymore and the engine doesn't start. 

With VCDS, I tried to read the fault codes in 17 - Instrument Cluster, but the ECU didn't respond. 
So I disassembled the speedometer to check the circuit board but couldn't find any fault.
Then I put the meter back into the car... but without the casing, only the two circuit boards connected, because the wirings in the car's dashboard are seriously too short for testings -.-
And - I don't know why, because I didn't change anything - the display magically turned back on, but the mileage didn't show up anymore, but "Error" was flashing.
Then I tried to read 17 - Instrument cluster with VCDS again and it showed me:
00003 - Control Unit
014 - failure

While the display was working, I was able to read the EEPROM with K+CAN Commander. But anything else like "Read ROM/FLASH", "Read/Write RAM", "Read Security Access Code" and "Read/Write IMMO data" didn't work.
Since I already found out that these Visteon speedometers (Part# 1K0 920 862 A) are really sensitive when it comes to voltage peaks and are most likely to fail, I ordered a used speedmeter from VDO, Part# 1K0 920 872 J of the same production year (2006).

Today, the new speedometer arrived, and when I got to the car, I realised that the old / broken speedometer didn't turn on anymore, so it seems as if it has now died completely. With a CH384A programmer, I was able to read the ST95160 EEPROM of the Visteon as well, but they both look the same (I can provide both if necessary).
Then I put in the new speedometer and could already program the mileage back to the "original" one with K+CAN, I could also read all 4 memorys with K+CAN as well (EEPROM, Flash, RAM, IMMO Data) but at this point I am stuck...

I don't know the login code of the broken speedometer, I'm not able to read the "Security Access Code" (is this the login code, btw?) of the new speedometer, and the car doesn't turn on because either VCDS, or the speedo display says "immobiliser not learned / programmed".
VCDS now shows up errors in 1 - Immobiliser not learned, and 25 - Immobilizer is not reachable any more.

I hope you guys can help me, just tell me which BIN files / other information you need.

Attached, there are already 3 files:
Tacho_EEPROM.bin - The old EEPROM (Vistreon) read with K+CAN
Tacho_neu_EEPROM.bin - The new EEPROM (VDO) read with K+CAN
ST95160W_CH341A.bin - The old EEPROM read with my CH341A programmer

Greetings, Daniel.

Attached Files
immo eeprom files golf kafkaesk.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 8 times
Size: 3.07 KB

Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2024, 04:42 AM,
RE: Golf 5 Immo problem after swap Vistreon -> VDO
Hi. First save your abs coding.
You can try to adapt new vdo cluster with vcds and both pins. If this not work, then post screenshot of vdo immo data reading with your k+can. If this tool read and write immodata correct then i can give you full details decoded from your visteon cluster.

evgeny87
[+] 2 users say Thank You to evg_eni for this post
10-04-2024, 06:22 AM,
(09-04-2024, 20:50 PM)kafkaesk Wrote:  Hey guys!

The speedometer of my father's Golf 5 MJ 2006 is broken, display didn't turn on anymore and the engine doesn't start. 

With VCDS, I tried to read the fault codes in 17 - Instrument Cluster, but the ECU didn't respond. 
So I disassembled the speedometer to check the circuit board but couldn't find any fault.
Then I put the meter back into the car... but without the casing, only the two circuit boards connected, because the wirings in the car's dashboard are seriously too short for testings -.-
And - I don't know why, because I didn't change anything - the display magically turned back on, but the mileage didn't show up anymore, but "Error" was flashing.
Then I tried to read 17 - Instrument cluster with VCDS again and it showed me:
00003 - Control Unit
014 - failure

While the display was working, I was able to read the EEPROM with K+CAN Commander. But anything else like "Read ROM/FLASH", "Read/Write RAM", "Read Security Access Code" and "Read/Write IMMO data" didn't work.
Since I already found out that these Visteon speedometers (Part# 1K0 920 862 A) are really sensitive when it comes to voltage peaks and are most likely to fail, I ordered a used speedmeter from VDO, Part# 1K0 920 872 J of the same production year (2006).

Today, the new speedometer arrived, and when I got to the car, I realised that the old / broken speedometer didn't turn on anymore, so it seems as if it has now died completely. With a CH384A programmer, I was able to read the ST95160 EEPROM of the Visteon as well, but they both look the same (I can provide both if necessary).
Then I put in the new speedometer and could already program the mileage back to the "original" one with K+CAN, I could also read all 4 memorys with K+CAN as well (EEPROM, Flash, RAM, IMMO Data) but at this point I am stuck...

I don't know the login code of the broken speedometer, I'm not able to read the "Security Access Code" (is this the login code, btw?) of the new speedometer, and the car doesn't turn on because either VCDS, or the speedo display says "immobiliser not learned / programmed".
VCDS now shows up errors in 1 - Immobiliser not learned, and 25 - Immobilizer is not reachable any more.

I hope you guys can help me, just tell me which BIN files / other information you need.

Attached, there are already 3 files:
Tacho_EEPROM.bin - The old EEPROM (Vistreon) read with K+CAN
Tacho_neu_EEPROM.bin - The new EEPROM (VDO) read with K+CAN
ST95160W_CH341A.bin - The old EEPROM read with my CH341A programmer

Greetings, Daniel.

Here is your orig data 
On the new dash specify please what eep type in 
Any way try with k+can these data

Attached Files
New Text Document.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 6 times
Size: 246 bytes

[Image: OxNUyuy.jpg]  time  Always new stuff to learn  biggrin
File services : multi brand ecu immo off , VW solutions : immo transfer immo off ,  pcr 2.1 immo , BMW EDC16 IMMO OFF , ....
Yamaha smart key supply pin code from dump ( TMAX , XMAX  ) 
Chevrolet simens sirus D3x D4x D5x
delphi MR 140  IMMOOFF

I DO MY BEST HERE TO HELP YOU MAKE SOME $$$ BUT ON PRIVATE IS DIFFERENT 
Members who not report back they're name will be black listed on my list

[+] 3 users say Thank You to raffy haddad for this post
10-04-2024, 07:58 AM,
Thanks to you both helping me!

@evg_eni:
Okay, I will go read the ABS Coding now as well.
Unfortunately, I don't have both PINs, but Raffy now provided the PIN for the old Vistreon.
Yes, I can read the VDO immo data with my K+CAN. I attached you the Immo-Reading of the VDO.

@raffy haddad:
Thanks for the data! I'm not sure what EEP type in the new VDO is... Can I find it out without disassembling the speedometer?

Greetings, Daniel.

Attached Files
VDO immodata kafkaesk.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 5 times
Size: 298 bytes

10-04-2024, 08:12 AM,
your key file is correct, but commander also must have dump editor...

evgeny87
10-04-2024, 09:17 AM,
I just read the ABS configuration as @evg_eni told me...
Also, I took the screenshots as requested.

Please find attached the screenshots of K+CAN reading the new VDO immo data.

I also found a screenshot which I took yesterday of the old Vistreon.
Since it doesn't show any data in the "big field" and no serial number, I am not sure whether this data is valid.
Also, the PIN in the screenshot differs from the PIN @raffy haddad provided.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

10-04-2024, 18:02 PM,
you have both pins, from Raffy (ori) and 03645 from vdo. try with vcds.

evgeny87
[+] 1 user says Thank You to evg_eni for this post
10-04-2024, 19:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 19:08 PM by elektronik13.)
(10-04-2024, 18:02 PM)evg_eni Wrote:  you have both pins, from Raffy (ori) and 03645 from vdo. try with vcds.
there is no way this would work with VCDS

(10-04-2024, 09:17 AM)kafkaesk Wrote:  I just read the ABS configuration as @evg_eni told me...
Also, I took the screenshots as requested.

Please find attached the screenshots of K+CAN reading the new VDO immo data.

I also found a screenshot which I took yesterday of the old Vistreon.
Since it doesn't show any data in the "big field" and no serial number, I am not sure whether this data is valid.
Also, the PIN in the screenshot differs from the PIN @raffy haddad provided.
read immo data from ecu
10-04-2024, 19:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 19:17 PM by kafkaesk.)
(10-04-2024, 18:02 PM)evg_eni Wrote:  you have both pins, from Raffy (ori) and 03645 from vdo. try with vcds.

Okay... Do you have a guide how to do it correctly?

(10-04-2024, 19:05 PM)elektronik13 Wrote:  read immo data from ecu

How?
10-04-2024, 19:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 19:23 PM by evg_eni.)
VToyota  RE: Golf 5 Immo problem after swap Vistreon -> VDO
@elektronik13 
Until 2006 year is possible, if not work i will post immo from visteon

Daniel

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php...t_Cluster)

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php...y_Matching

evgeny87

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renault Clio Sirius32 immo off chang2 2 20 22 minutes ago
Last Post: sokisoki3
  017 545 71 32, Mercedes, immo off ?? Liteace 0 13 9 hours ago
Last Post: Liteace
ZVW Solved ✔ Golf 1.4 CGGA Marelli 4HV jarko154 2 24 9 hours ago
Last Post: jarko154
TMisubshi Mitsubishi Pajero E6TO immo off johann74270 0 12 Yesterday, 18:31 PM
Last Post: johann74270
  Solved ✔ Edc17c10 immo off via eeprom - need help marcinmik 2 45 Yesterday, 15:49 PM
Last Post: marcinmik
  VW MED17.5 BAD IMMO OFF victorysatgr 4 54 Yesterday, 15:43 PM
Last Post: DSESET86
  Mitsubishi Colt E6T73 immo off sofix 3 42 Yesterday, 15:32 PM
Last Post: Black Alien
  Solved ✔ immo off edc17c11 CenturionM 1 21 Yesterday, 14:54 PM
Last Post: CenturionM
  1.5 kia rio immo help aandroma 1 41 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Ugaero97
XZBMW CAS2 To CAS3 - Data transfer - Coding FA Problem Semi14 2 61 Yesterday, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Semi14