CarTechnoloGY
Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update (/showthread.php?tid=14437)

Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - emhtuning - 30-03-2016

Hello guys ,

lately I've been facing an issue with Esys not showing CIC possible update , I have tried several different cars in the past few weeks , Esys always shows available update to many other modules except the CIC , sometimes it shows only CAFD update even though CIC software version is from factory and never been flashed , still i'm not able to force Esys to flash it . so I think I'm doing something wrong .

the above picture is just few minutes ago , CIC and ZGW on bench ,

NBT has no issues , I flashed many on bench and in car , all went perfectly fine .

some technical info : I tried Esys 3.26.1 and 3.27.1 with and without third party launchers ( Esys plus - Esys Launcher ) , using PSDZdata from ISTA P 3.57.xx and 3.58.xx . also tested with Enet as well as ICOM .

any feedback / hint / advise is highly appreciated .

handshake

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - emhtuning - 04-04-2016

Update : solved by editing the svt xml , managed to force esys to flash the cic, still same software version but got all the issues sorted out .

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - ap90500 - 17-04-2016

As far as I know, last software version for CIC came in i-step 3/2012.

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - emhtuning - 18-04-2016

That was my main issue , CIC had some software bug and needed to be flashed again to fix it but esys doesn't find any new update. All good now .[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - syrus - 11-10-2017

Hey guys,

How do i force a update? What do i must change in ESYS?

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - jeroenbmw - 11-10-2017

Delete all SWFL, IBAD, BTLD, and CAFD files in svt_ist.xml then calculate and svt_soll will see no software and put all software in svt_soll.xml.

So by manipulate svt_ist.xml svt calculation put in same software but like overwrite it smile

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - Nackapatz - 18-10-2017

(11-10-2017, 17:16 PM)jeroenbmw Wrote:  Delete all SWFL, IBAD, BTLD, and CAFD files in svt_ist.xml then calculate and svt_soll will see no software and put all software in svt_soll.xml.

So by manipulate svt_ist.xml svt calculation put in same software but like overwrite it smile

Hello folk!

I have this error when i try to make a svt_soll. I cleaned every swfl, ibad, btld and cafd.

What's wrong?

BG
Nacka

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - milzgatez - 21-10-2017

(18-10-2017, 13:50 PM)Nackapatz Wrote:  
(11-10-2017, 17:16 PM)jeroenbmw Wrote:  Delete all SWFL, IBAD, BTLD, and CAFD files in svt_ist.xml then calculate and svt_soll will see no software and put all software in svt_soll.xml.

Hello folk!

I have this error when i try to make a svt_soll. I cleaned every swfl, ibad, btld and cafd.

What's wrong?

BG
Nacka

Thanks to this thread, I successfully updated my CiC as it was mentioned.
I got the same exact error message. All I did was press ok and then Calculate Tal. Saved the Tal and opened it up with no problem. I was able to see my HU-CIC among other ECU and flashed. It worked for me. I was facing the same issue as you. Hope it works for you.

RE: Esys doesn't show CIC possible program update - Nackapatz - 26-10-2017

(21-10-2017, 08:35 AM)milzgatez Wrote:  
(18-10-2017, 13:50 PM)Nackapatz Wrote:  

Hello folk!

What's wrong?

BG
Nacka

Thanks to this thread, I successfully updated my CiC as it was mentioned.
I got the same exact error message. All I did was press ok and then Calculate Tal. Saved the Tal and opened it up with no problem. I was able to see my HU-CIC among other ECU and flashed. It worked for me. I was facing the same issue as you. Hope it works for you.

It didn't work. After i click OK, the TAL-Calculating stays grey..

What can I do?

BG
Nacka