CarTechnoloGY
Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? (/showthread.php?tid=17763)

Pages: 1 2

Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - cryptocar - 01-09-2016

(31-08-2016, 06:56 AM)milkyway Wrote:  Hello!

When you update a DME/DDE you will wipe out the tuning. But therefore it's necessary to flash the hole ECU, not only a part of it (only new CAFD for example). If you are using E-Sys you have to manipulate the SVT_IST (for Bootloader, CAFD and SWFL). In that acse you will get a clean DME/DDE (tried it several times with success).

CU Oliver

Not true. The eeprom which holds the tuning maps are not accessible via OBD in stock formatting (not unlocked using something like CMD Flash plugin). Only way it can wiped out is with a special update from BMW that has been signed by BMW with their key something that can only be done while connected to the ISIS network. Also BMW does not release tuning file updates regularly so it's unlikely you will have your tune wiped out by a firmware upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - osd - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 00:33 AM)cryptocar Wrote:  

When you update a DME/DDE you will wipe out the tuning. But therefore it's necessary to flash the hole ECU, not only a part of it (only new CAFD for example). If you are using E-Sys you have to manipulate the SVT_IST (for Bootloader, CAFD and SWFL). In that acse you will get a clean DME/DDE (tried it several times with success).

CU Oliver

Not true. The eeprom which holds the tuning maps are not accessible via OBD in stock formatting (not unlocked using something like CMD Flash plugin). Only way it can wiped out is with a special update from BMW that has been signed by BMW with their key something that can only be done while connected to the ISIS network. Also BMW does not release tuning file updates regularly so it's unlikely you will have your tune wiped out by a firmware upgrade.

Are you sure maps are in eeprom ?
I think maps are in flash memory. In some older ECUs flash is accessible by ODB, in most new ones only on bench because of tunning protection. BMW software can reprogram flash by OBD and you get clean original BMW maps.

Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - bmw335coding - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 00:33 AM)cryptocar Wrote:  

CU Oliver

Your answer is not true, all maps are stored in flash.
I read often tuning protected EDC17 ecus, in eeprom is only vin, isn and other informations.
I tested on e-models, program with winkfp remove the chip completly!

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - BigManLT - 01-09-2016

(01-09-2016, 17:43 PM)bmw335coding Wrote:  I think maps are stored in flash. I read often tuning protected EDC17 ecus, in eeprom is only vin, isn and other informations. I tested on e-models, program with winkfp remove the chip completly!

agree 100%. Tested by myself!

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - Stiffmaster - 01-09-2016

Since over 10 years ago, Tuningmaps are in flash.
EDC16,17, MEVDxy, MSD8x, MSS6x, ... I've done a lot of them. All tuningdata stored in flash

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - bmw335coding - 02-09-2016

After the reprogram from the DDE and clear info and fault memory, ISTA doesnt detect the tuning over FASTA-Data.

Is there a way to clear the FASTA-Data with tuned DDE?
Can we read the FASTA-Data like max. speed, max rpm, max boost and so one?

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - Pawel M - 21-01-2017

Any ideas how to put that map back again? e90 320d 163 EDC16

RE: Chiptuning remove by ISTA-P or WINKFP? - shaggyshadow - 23-01-2017

(21-01-2017, 15:17 PM)Pawel M Wrote:  Any ideas how to put that map back again? e90 320d 163 EDC16

Go to your tuner and pay him to upload tune again