CarTechnoloGY
VAS5054A PCB Difference - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: VAS5054A PCB Difference (/showthread.php?tid=4905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - apoelistas - 03-10-2017

Io
(02-10-2017, 21:41 PM)Zocker010 Wrote:  Can someone told me which Interface is the best to use it for ODIS-E 7.2.2 and have the best hardware. You can send me a PM with a link where i can buy a good interface

You will not find a perfect one. Just make sure it is sp33-c full chip and comes with amb2300. I am still getting some of the materials needed for a rework which also have a risk of being not original. Mine arrived with 10ns memory but 3.3V instead of 5V,
fake oki, 2 resistors missing and au chip probably missing too. Probably it works but memory chips will probably be unstable. I have some doubts if chinese in this case have done a memory retune to only allow 3.3V flow into memory thus might work more efficient than a 5V memory chip.

I never done any chip or smd soldering so I need to do some youtube training.

Also I need to check the memory voltage before removing. How I will test??

take shell of vas5054a apart.

Get a 12V 5 amp charger and connect power and ground to the relevant pins of vas5054a

get a multimetet set it to 20V and test the 2 memory pins for voltage.

Any corrections for the above procedure??????

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - b.ibrahimi - 03-10-2017

Hi there,

Can someone please confirm the quality of this VAS5054?

thanks

(03-10-2017, 07:15 AM)b.ibrahimi Wrote:  Hi there,

thanks

who is the supplier is more important than the pictures. Looks good but memory is 3.3V same as mine. Dont trust that you will receive original oki same as photos unless you got lucky and you are holding a good quality production. you also have to test memory voltage if it is 5V you have to change memory.

(02-10-2017, 14:45 PM)Enabled Wrote:  That memory works fine, but we can never really be certain they are original.

What got me a little skeptical was on the underside, in the recessed circles, it says TAIWAN. So which is it, Taiwan or Korea?

So that's when I decided to put the ISSI memory in, which is guaranteed genuine, even if it says Taiwan on it as well.... but at least the specifications are guaranteed.

That being said, I noticed no difference in how the VAS5054a runs with either. The tool works the same, as far as I can tell.

Just observed that dimple is missing near pin 1. It must be a cloned version or someone is repackaging another memory with similar specs???

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - b.ibrahimi - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 07:30 AM)apoelistas Wrote:  
(03-10-2017, 07:15 AM)b.ibrahimi Wrote:  Hi there,

thanks

who is the supplier is more important than the pictures. Looks good but memory is 3.3V same as mine. Dont trust that you will receive original oki same as photos unless you got lucky and you are holding a good quality production. you also have to test memory voltage if it is 5V you have to change memory.

(02-10-2017, 14:45 PM)Enabled Wrote:  That memory works fine, but we can never really be certain they are original.

What got me a little skeptical was on the underside, in the recessed circles, it says TAIWAN. So which is it, Taiwan or Korea?

So that's when I decided to put the ISSI memory in, which is guaranteed genuine, even if it says Taiwan on it as well.... but at least the specifications are guaranteed.

That being said, I noticed no difference in how the VAS5054a runs with either. The tool works the same, as far as I can tell.

Just observed that dimple is missing near pin 1. It must be a cloned version or someone is repackaging another memory with similar specs???

Hi,

Can you circle in the picture which memory we are taking about ( SAMSUNG CHIPS)? And which component need to replace with which? \

Where can be purchased these components?

thanks for your input.

(03-10-2017, 08:28 AM)b.ibrahimi Wrote:  Hi,

Can you circle in the picture which memory we are taking about? And which component need to replace with which?

thanks for your input.

2 samsung memories are 3.3 volts - large rectangle
2 DIODE for PROTECTION 0603ESDA2-TR2 missing - small rectangle

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - Enabled - 03-10-2017

Looks like a decent clone.

Also that Samsung 3.3V memory,

one of them is laser inscribed upside down. Weird

Also, it's so odd to see the ISP1181ABS (USB controller) replaced from original square HVQFN48 mount to rectangle TSSOP48. I wonder if the circuit board is still somewhat the same.

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - ninja_zx11 - 03-10-2017

Just received Vas5054a from the same seller apoelistas got it.

1)AMB2300 is genuine as you can see under the shield.But the shield was so close to the side pads that even a small push on the outside would short all the pads on both sides.So i lifted the shield up little bit to generate a gap between the pads and the shield.Finally i was able to change the buzzer settings with this unit.

2)OKI is fake with one leg cut.So no J1850 PWM protocol.

3)Looks like TJAT1054 AT is fake too because its throwing error 700.2114(low speed can bus error) while doing self test on vaspc19.

4)AU5780A is missing.So no J1850 VPW protocol.

5)RAM is 3.3v but 10ns response time.

Did you check the voltage going to the memory??

Thanks for the detailed review.

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - Enabled - 03-10-2017

(03-10-2017, 13:44 PM)ninja_zx11 Wrote:  Just received Vas5054a from the same seller apoelistas got it.

1)AMB2300 is genuine as you can see under the shield.But the shield was so close to the side pads that even a small push on the outside would short all the pads on both sides.So i lifted the shield up little bit to generate a gap between the pads and the shield.Finally i was able to change the buzzer settings with this unit.

2)OKI is fake with one leg cut.So no J1850 PWM protocol.

3)Looks like TJAT1054 AT is fake too because its throwing error 700.2114(low speed can bus error) while doing self test on vaspc19.

4)AU5780A is missing.So no J1850 VPW protocol.

5)RAM is 3.3v but 10ns response time.

I don't think you have a problem with the TJAT1054. If I remember correctly, you must have a functional AU5780A in order to progress through all the tests. But I may be wrong.

Either way, it looks like a workable clone. The bluetooth is very important.

Not sure why the Chinese focus so much on OKI in their advertisements and leave the actually important things off. It's like they got stuck with "OKI = quality" and then everyone else copied it.

OKI = Ford, Mazda protocols
AU5780A = GM, Opel, Isuzu, etc.

Besides, the AU5780A that I found and bought.. they look like they have been sanded down on the surface (faint diagonal marks on the top side) and possibly re-lasered. I haven't yet installed VAS PC, and I'm not sure I want to set up yet another VM for just that. We'll see.
AU5780A is an obsolete chip, so finding a genuine may be a very difficult task

apoelistas, my VAS5054a has 5.03V at pins 11 and 12 of RAM.

All the other chips operate at 5V, so there's no chance of any 3.3V trickery.

Be VERY careful when probing for Voltage, as the pins are very small and close by, and if you short them, the tool will turn off. No big deal, as it will come online again after power down, but still.

RE: VAS5054A PCB Difference - DTech - 03-10-2017

Let's finish what others have started, and see what is real and what is not, each one of us in it's heads.
You have here all you need to do so smile
As you can see i gave 2 models of ram sides and also for usb chip smile