Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ Mistake made a month ago, over my head. EWS, X_SLZ, Keyless
17-12-2023, 23:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 08:28 AM by Clusters.)
XZBMW  Mistake made a month ago, over my head. EWS, X_SLZ, Keyless
(I am sorry for not posting this under Motorcycle, but it was suggested to post this here because it’s not at all related to the 2 wheels, but rather a guru at BMW software's, as this bike does have a standard OBD port and use the same diagnostic software as the passenger vehicles)

So, I have a 2022 BMW S1000XR Motorcycle and I was doing some updates and changes VIA E-sys into the early hours of the morning, just over a month ago. Getting tired I decided to make a stupid decision and press on anyway. At some point I accidentally clicked the dreaded “program default’s” or whatever that stupid self-destruct button is right next to the normal coding button. I had multiple ECU’s selected for changes and I never realized I clicked the self-destruct until the programming got to the EWS and began programming it; at which point the bike just went off, complete K15 power down. I looked at the live logs and realized what had happened. I have managed to get all the correct programming back on all the other modules (only 7 modules in total on this bike) but I cannot get the EWS (X_SLZ, opt 193, Keyless ride) back or get the bike to power up in any way besides bypassing or “hotwiring” the bike with some help from the ISTA wiring diagram. I am not aware of a PAD mode on these bikes, I have tried the car PAD combinations I am aware of.  Even with the ability to now get power to all aspects of the bike manually, It seems to be over my head to get the EWS back to the way it was, or back to any status where it cooperates with the DME. 

If I use ISTA it always shows up red on the ECU list and appears to not communicate at all. ISTA will recognize a problem and accept doing a EWS replacement calculation, however it will never start the process, always waiting for me to complete the first step, the installation of the new hardware order. I am guessing this is because it always shows the EWS as incommunicado. If I go through E-sys to try and re-code the EWS I always end up with more communication errors via D-CAN or Ethernet example is 

resource not available] [VendorCode=2142] [VendorCodeDescription-P2 timeout occured]: LinkName: X_SLZ_40_ETHE

TAL-execution "not successfully" finished. [G200]

error: timeout, link=X_SLZ_40_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]>

<MCDDiagService<id=46900, job com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3 GetSVKfromECU, service=RDB <MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_GetSVKfromECU, service-RDBI_SVK ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description error: timeout, link=X_SLZ_40_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]>

<MCDDiagService<id=46900, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3 GetSVKfromECU, service-RDBI_SVK ReadDataByIdentifier SVK, description error: timeout, link=X_SLZ_40_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]>

<[X SLZ40] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [WARN]>

<[X SLZ-40] [Exception - X_SLZ
code: TIMEOUT P2/T2 occurred
40] negative response error:

description: P2 timeout on Service RDBI SVK has error in result: [Severity=2051] [ErrorCode=58640] [ErrorCodeDescription=resource not available] [VendorCode-2142][VendorCodeDescription-P2 cimeout occured]: LinkName: X_8L 40_ETHE

<[] null [THROWABLE]>

At this point I have pretty much exhausted my knowledge. I am looking for some advice here; or I am willing to pay a guru to remotely resolve this for me. I have an authentic Icon Next, D-can cable, ODB-Ethernet and I have also been able to get the DME and EWS to see each other on the bench wired up, off the bike. I have not tried anything more complicated than normal Tal and coding stuff in E-sys and poking around in ISTA, I am far from a guru with these or any other more complex BMW software, though I do have just about every software I have ever heard of installed on my computer dedicated to this mess. If anyone has any suggestions, I am more than willing to give them a shot, fire away. If anyone thinks this is something they can handle remotely, please PM me, let me know what you would charge and how Payment should be made and under what conditions. I would prefer a flat “fix” rate and you can spend as much or little time as you require. I do work in IT (networking & security) for a living, so I should be easy to work with from the perspective of helping on this end.   

Attached are a few relevant pictures. Thank You for any assistance. 

-RP, 

USA, Pacific Standard Time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Mistake made a month ago, over my head. EWS, X_SLZ, Keyless - by Almostsobur - 17-12-2023, 23:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solved ✔ F56, disable Keyless Entry by coding Edward1968 5 717 07-02-2024, 19:48 PM
Last Post: Edward1968
XZBMW Simulate inputs on the head unit MGU anton.maier 5 404 27-01-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: anton.maier
XZBMW [Solved] Is possible retrofit KEyless entry in Bmw F25/F26 CAS4 ruben_17non 8 927 01-12-2023, 22:20 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW G30 Keyless entry retrofit. BDC compatibility? abrek 9 655 16-11-2023, 20:32 PM
Last Post: wagusty
  Question about cas and keyless go key position budddyyy 6 355 05-11-2023, 19:02 PM
Last Post: budddyyy
  Solved ✔ G05 keyless retrofit mr_nitroz 19 1,051 03-11-2023, 09:04 AM
Last Post: mr_nitroz
  320d F31 2013 add keyless remote Pentheus 3 272 04-07-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: jaramillo
XZBMW Solved ✔ mistake Vdpm104 ISTA adamwajda 4 464 20-03-2023, 19:28 PM
Last Post: adamwajda
  How to Virginize BMW CHAMP2 Head Unit Dee67 15 1,919 07-03-2023, 18:24 PM
Last Post: Dee67
  ISTA with AutoHex II head? RaoulK1998 0 234 14-02-2023, 13:01 PM
Last Post: RaoulK1998