Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid?
24-06-2017, 15:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 24-06-2017, 15:57 PM by MaxBmw.)
RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid?
(24-06-2017, 13:35 PM)Mwahab Wrote:  
(24-06-2017, 13:22 PM)MaxBmw Wrote:  LM2596 Step Down Module DC
Voltage Regulator

ebay 1$

How can you mount it?

i buy the cable already mounted and working.

modify original cable with this LM2596 module
24-06-2017, 16:09 PM,
See here
[+] 2 users say Thank You to UnFan for this post
24-09-2017, 22:06 PM,
Any one looked into it with solution? PLease check what is voltage out put of Evo Gxx after coding! becasue I think screen is not just black, but it is off completely, which would be a case for power shortage. Wild guess

Was it helpful? Greatenjoy,
please click click Respect ------under and ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks under
Visit this user's website
[+] 2 users say Thank You to yoodog for this post
29-09-2017, 20:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-09-2017, 20:38 PM by smercki.)
Evo get out 12.8V, must be reduce to 8V with exstern dispositive forn connect Fxx CID
I have note Gxx Evo it is not enough to set only the CID_ xxx parameters
in order not to mistake you should codify it as I did, F06
after modifying the parameters in FDL
CID_APIX_MODE to apix1
CID_COLOR_DEPTH to 18
CID_COM_MODE to spi
and by magic the monitor turns on
[+] 4 users say Thank You to smercki for this post
29-09-2017, 23:20 PM,
(29-09-2017, 20:34 PM)smercki Wrote:  Evo get out 12.8V, must be reduce to 8V with exstern dispositive forn connect Fxx CID
CID_APIX_MODE to apix1
CID_COLOR_DEPTH to 18
CID_COM_MODE to spi

Yes Smercki and others in this thread are 100% correct.

-I have successfully used many "normal" NBT CID from both F3x and F1x etc to fit together with both B14X EVO and B2XX.

Solution is to buy simple "Step down module" (Voltage regulator with a little potentiometer screw). And regulate the voltage coming from HU -> into the screen to 8.3-8.8v. I personally use 8.7v with good result.

-Make sure HU is properly coded for corresponding APIX etc, as instructed above.
-Attach NBT CID HSD cable to headunit on bench or inside car (cable that works is the one side light pink connector, and other side dark purple + 2 pins for power and ground).
-Cut the 2 wires for power and ground somewhere in the middle. Make sure to not short circuit if system up is running.
-Attach ground and power coming FROM HU to corresponding sides of the INPUT - and + on the Voltage regulator.
-Measure DC voltage on the OUTPUT + and - side with multimeter, and adjust the potentiometer until you find a fitting value.
-Now you can go ahead and solder/wrap or build your little gadget into a box or whatever you prefer.
-Connect the dark purple connector to the screen, enjoy your EVO unit with a "normal" NBT screen!

Please have in mind that this will not give the same level of detail in graphics like a factory made EVO screen. The Voltage regulator can overheat/short circuit. It's not an ideal solution.
This method I describe should only be used at own risk for experimental purposes or similar.

Some people also experience that brightness is low, even tho its set to max in iDrive. But there is of course also a working solution for this biggrin

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

[+] 6 users say Thank You to Loliceman for this post
29-09-2017, 23:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-09-2017, 23:27 PM by yoodog.)
XZBMW  RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid?
Have you tried it on true g30 Body? (Real g30 doesn't have MOST) It won't work it seems, have heard about it, but never considered it true. Until recently. Same issue on g30 set (1 out of 3 I have, didn't test 2 other!).

Screen has no signal until coding of those parameters above, and than it goes to total blank once coded. Very odd, there has to be something else about g30 Screen/Body.

I have gust installed g11 with gps body into f10 2011 with nbt Screen, and that has no issues. Screen worksafter coding no problem.

I will save NCD file from g11 with nbt Screen and will compte it to g30 NCD (CAFD), that should tell us what else is changed in coding between them. Stay tuned wink

(29-09-2017, 20:34 PM)smercki Wrote:  Evo get out 12.8V, must be reduce to 8V with exstern dispositive forn connect Fxx CID
CID_APIX_MODE to apix1
CID_COLOR_DEPTH to 18
CID_COM_MODE to spi

About the britness

That is interesting actually, never saw any discussion about it, but it should be possible to fix it with all of those dim curves in fdl coding. Never spent enough time on that issue smile

Any known solution?

(29-09-2017, 23:20 PM)Loliceman Wrote:  
CID_APIX_MODE to apix1
CID_COLOR_DEPTH to 18
CID_COM_MODE to spi

Yes Smercki and others in this thread are 100% correct.

-I have successfully used many "normal" NBT CID from both F3x and F1x etc to fit together with both B14X EVO and B2XX.

Solution is to buy simple "Step down module" (Voltage regulator with a little potentiometer screw). And regulate the voltage coming from HU -> into the screen to 8.3-8.8v. I personally use 8.7v with good result.

-Make sure HU is properly coded for corresponding APIX etc, as instructed above.
-Attach NBT CID HSD cable to headunit on bench or inside car (cable that works is the one side light pink connector, and other side dark purple + 2 pins for power and ground).
-Cut the 2 wires for power and ground somewhere in the middle. Make sure to not short circuit if system up is running.
-Attach ground and power coming FROM HU to corresponding sides of the INPUT - and + on the Voltage regulator.
-Measure DC voltage on the OUTPUT + and - side with multimeter, and adjust the potentiometer until you find a fitting value.
-Now you can go ahead and solder/wrap or build your little gadget into a box or whatever you prefer.
-Connect the dark purple connector to the screen, enjoy your EVO unit with a "normal" NBT screen!

Please have in mind that this will not give the same level of detail in graphics like a factory made EVO screen. The Voltage regulator can overheat/short circuit. It's not an ideal solution.
This method I describe should only be used at own risk for experimental purposes or similar.

Some people also experience that brightness is low, even tho its set to max in iDrive. But there is of course also a working solution for this biggrin

please click click Respect ------under and ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks under
[+] 1 user says Thank You to yoodog for this post
30-09-2017, 08:30 AM,
It is possible to identify from sticker interface APIX1 or APIX2 ? BMW nr. 65509387450 is APIX2 screen? Thank you for help.
30-09-2017, 20:47 PM,
(30-09-2017, 08:30 AM)matiz Wrote:  It is possible to identify from sticker interface APIX1 or APIX2 ? BMW nr. 65509387450 is APIX2 screen? Thank you for help.

I would also like to know how to spot the "difference" on APIX1 and APIX2 by looking at part no or build date or similar! Let us know if you find info on it.

@Yoodog:

No, I haven't actually tried it on a G30 set to be honest. So I can't say I'm 100% correct about my earlier statement, but I have done this on various B140 and B240 units with success. I have not encountered what you describe.
BUT, I remember reading something a few weeks ago about some G series EVOs being depandant of K-CAN4 on quadlock to function properly. Maybe this has something to do about it? Just a wild guess.

About the brightness, below is 2 parameters I have had great success with FDL coding HU_NBT2. Reminder! You have to FDL code these changes, after coding, you have to go back into iDrive and into "display brightness" and turn the slider up to highest again. Because it seems to be reseted after these parameters are changed.
Code:
3005 DISPLAY_PIP_CONFIG
DIMMUNGSVARIANTE
SET THIS TO:
alte_dimmung = 00

3005 DISPLAY_PIP_CONFIG
DIM_VARIANT
SET THIS TO:
old = 01

Try it and report back, there is a small chance I forgot one parameter.. But if someone report it doesn't work, I'll search through old NCDs and find it.

Please, Press the Buttons [Image: postbit_thx.gif] and [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if you feel that this post helped you!

[+] 4 users say Thank You to Loliceman for this post
01-10-2017, 08:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM by smercki.)
I have two G30 Evo with this problem
noty found CAF!
File for "cafd_00001ef6-006_019_007" not found! [C012]

I have last version PszDaten "v.62.5_PSdZData_Lite"
Can help me!?
Thank you

(30-09-2017, 08:30 AM)matiz Wrote:  It is possible to identify from sticker interface APIX1 or APIX2 ? BMW nr. 65509387450 is APIX2 screen? Thank you for help.

I think only with partnumber on ETK

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05-10-2017, 21:53 PM,
XZBMW  RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid?
Okey...

About identification of Apix by sticker - you can.
1. HW 2.3 HB1xx are all id4 EVOs and will have apix1 screen
2. Screens are different between id4 and id5 units. (id5 screen will not work on id4 body) Check the HW version - id4 has 00xx and id5 has 1xxx
3. also it screens have melted number on it 1 or 2 in a circle - that apix in use.
chose any method you like wink Click both if helpful hehe))

Second.
G30 body is different form g11 and it will not take apix1 screen - don't know why. G11 has no issues, just like any other f series body. I will update if I find a way. G11 NCD will not help you on that matter as even flashed for f30 g30 body will not work - HW related issue most likely.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to yoodog for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APIX1 black screen fix for 23-07 EVO HW2.3 superwofy 22 1,801 24-04-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sambir
  APIX2 on EVO HW2.3 ID5/ID6 script fix superwofy 4 712 12-04-2024, 23:23 PM
Last Post: Gatsby79
  E61 climate control does not work claw 7 274 11-04-2024, 19:25 PM
Last Post: claw
  Making F-series combox work in e-series Ryn079 5 629 11-04-2024, 15:03 PM
Last Post: wrp_199
  APIX1 screen with touch ? oros 1 205 25-02-2024, 19:03 PM
Last Post: zero9
XZBMW Entrynav2 - GPS doesn't work - no location Semi14 4 480 24-01-2024, 16:31 PM
Last Post: Semi14
XZBMW G12 touch screen in F10 apix1 enclosure ? RomeyRome 8 1,140 19-01-2024, 19:19 PM
Last Post: Mwahab
  Set up tool 32 to work with F-Series car Haug530d 7 1,049 02-09-2023, 19:12 PM
Last Post: Haug530d
XZBMW Steering Retrofiting on BMW E64 To make work heating Fraizer 0 195 04-08-2023, 13:17 PM
Last Post: Fraizer
XZBMW F10 PRE LCI M5 Wheel and M1 , M2 Button how to work budddyyy 7 465 14-07-2023, 06:55 AM
Last Post: budddyyy