Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Function not available on this ECU
28-03-2018, 19:54 PM,
PCitroen  Function not available on this ECU
Hi all hi

I'm new to the site but I've been using PP2000 since 2011 on my Peugeot 306 HDI and it's been a great tool helping me with lots.

I've not updated the software since I first installed it so it's at V5.02.

I have now bought a DS3 and today I decided to replace the RD4 unit with a RD45 for it's Bluetooth functions.

The unit was from a 2014 model and mine is a 2011. I plumbed it all in and fired up lexia to code the VIN to my car and I found that I got the above error.

I've heard of a work round of installing the RD45 in to a newer car and updating the VIN there then moving it to my car, unfortunately this isn't an option I can go down.

I've read I need to update to V7.02 and patch up to V7.78 to get around my issue but I've also read I need to make sure the cable unit it up to Revision C but I have no idea how to check it's revision, some help with this would be great.

Do you think I need to replace the cable and update the cable or could I get away with just a software update?
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2018, 17:06 PM,
RE: Function not available on this ECU
(28-03-2018, 19:54 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:  Hi all hi

I'm new to the site but I've been using PP2000 since 2011 on my Peugeot 306 HDI and it's been a great tool helping me with lots.

I've not updated the software since I first installed it so it's at V5.02.

I have now bought a DS3 and today I decided to replace the RD4 unit with a RD45 for it's Bluetooth functions.

The unit was from a 2014 model and mine is a 2011. I plumbed it all in and fired up lexia to code the VIN to my car and I found that I got the above error.

I've heard of a work round of installing the RD45 in to a newer car and updating the VIN there then moving it to my car, unfortunately this isn't an option I can go down.

I've read I need to update to V7.02 and patch up to V7.78 to get around my issue but I've also read I need to make sure the cable unit it up to Revision C but I have no idea how to check it's revision, some help with this would be great.

Do you think I need to replace the cable and update the cable or could I get away with just a software update?

You need to update the firmware of the Lexia cable.Install PSA interface checker connect Lexia and you will see which version of firmware you have.hi
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagbox BSI Access to this function not enabled ixoal 3 851 02-05-2023, 10:05 AM
Last Post: adamos_22