Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Launcher for e-sys. missing Token Master?
01-03-2019, 03:57 AM,
RE: Launcher for e-sys. missing Token Master?
(28-02-2019, 19:26 PM)shawnsheridan Wrote:  
(28-02-2019, 16:05 PM)Kuiyt2 Wrote:  ...TokenMaster popped up cracking every version and with the help of a couple others made it public to another level. You might argue “oh someone else would’ve done it” yes but TokenMaster purchased vendor accounts on the big public sites and advertised his patches...

I've been around a while.  My first E-Sys version was 3.10.1, well before the Group Buy of E-Sys 3.18.4 on bmwcoding.com (which incidentally I am very familiar with).  Most of what you write is correct; however, it was not TokenMaster that first started selling .EST Tokens and taking it mainstream, rather it was user "akiss" (aka "andy174").  He sold his "E-Sys Patch for one version of E-Sys with EST Token Valid for 1 Year from Issue Date for 50 Euro / $65 USD / $155 RMB" on all the Forums, and long before there was a TokenMaster, and he sold A LOT of them.  Only much later came TokenMaster who sold his own version.  Then user "AngryDad" posted a .EST token / patch DIY on bmwcoders.com for the whole free world to read and make their own.  Then after that, TokenMaster offered what he claimed was a more secure and improved "patchless" .EST Token solution, which used a Custom.jar file rather than patching 2 .DLL files.  Shortly after that, BMW Trimmed the PSdZData, and TokenMaster developed E-Sys Launcher, which incorporated his patchless .EST Token Solution into it, and Launcher PREMIUM he offered for Free, while his PRO Version he offered as "Donationware".

Bottom line is the tightening coding controls employed by BMW AG has many fathers.

Ah, memories. biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2019, 20:13 PM,
(01-03-2019, 03:01 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(28-02-2019, 16:05 PM)Kuiyt2 Wrote:  
(28-02-2019, 09:42 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(28-02-2019, 07:40 AM)Kuiyt2 Wrote:  Real ironic that most likely because of him they trimmed files, and he offered a solution to repopulate the information and now is gone.
I do not see the connection.

This is probably before your time Almaretto. 

VW/Audi coding has been public since the mid 1990s. It was never cracked and abused on this level. Bimmer had no idea what hit them. You had people changing settings in DSC/ABS/ICM/EPS modules and taking their vehicles to warranty causing buy backs and numerous other issues from just general coding. People who made mistakes coding would just simply take their vehicles into warranty.

Their first response was changing from a 4 to 6 digit minimum pin, after that was trimmed files and soon it will be internet based coding only (with either the token/key being online or like other manufactures who have all their files/coding online.)

I fully understand we all benefit from everyone else one way or another, and essentially even using anything we are all at fault but TokenMaster should open source his project as he claims he does not profit in anyway now. Just my 2 cents not to start an argument.

Some history, not all. I have only been coding since 2012. 

I just do not buy into the circular logic or alleged cause-and-effect relationship. Tough to put all on his shoulders.

I think it is more ironic if BMW trimmed files to prevent coding resulting in warranty claims; but, using legacy mapping data can result in more issues because coder could change incorrect value that moved. Either way, it is an unfortunate fact that some coding/programming results in thousands of warranty dollars per vehicle.

Without going further into details, X thought by trimming the files it would lead to the end of custom coding (I am not guessing, I know this.) Was not thought people would be savvy and start counting positions, comparing and eventually releasing tools that repopulated trimmed files. This was "cause-and-effect." 

Small changes such as even trimming files alters a whole network of X. Currently with the new headunits information/keys are online based and even if you had the locations/untrimmed information you could not code it. All the gen 4 BDC modules and some other modules are also ready (not yet implemented) for online based coding only...as soon as they are ready to roll it out you will not be able to code any of the new vehicles until/if it is cracked somehow.

You might think it is simple for X to release such updates and boom block all, but you are changing an entire network. Some dealers are not even online, in areas that internet/fast internet is not available...till this day some receive hard copies of diagnostics/programming software.

My original statement about it being ironic was a joke to get laughs, obviously no one knows at what point and who caused what. I am not blaming, obviously you and I would be left in the dark also if it never happened. I believe it should have been controlled to some degree, at the start it was done with more hey you want it go out and find the data and it later become here is links and how.

I dumb down my language and refrain from use of technical terms for reasons I am sure most would understand.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Kuiyt2 for this post
02-03-2019, 05:13 AM,
(01-03-2019, 20:13 PM)Kuiyt2 Wrote:  Small changes such as even trimming files alters a whole network of X. Currently with the new headunits information/keys are online based and even if you had the locations/untrimmed information you could not code it. All the gen 4 BDC modules and some other modules are also ready (not yet implemented) for online based coding only...as soon as they are ready to roll it out you will not be able to code any of the new vehicles until/if it is cracked somehow.

Are you talking about MGU or something else? MGU can be coded. There are also additional redundancies built in so changes are more complicated. True, online based coding is available, but not yet widely implemented. It will be interesting to watch it all unfold.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW ESys Launcher PRO Setup 2.8.1 fengyonghua21 414 51,577 15-05-2024, 18:24 PM
Last Post: Pommie
  e53 lift 2004 lcm missing sivyx 2 78 11-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: blax123
  NBT Evo CAFD missing after coding error Mugga 13 715 24-04-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: Mugga
  ISTA File Missing? Homersbud 5 344 13-04-2024, 23:53 PM
Last Post: rocdeng
  ISTA launcher console (v1.2.4.11 and up) Node 20 3,570 07-04-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Joe2
  G05 KAFAS4 enable code missing after Retrofit ACC 6ergsm 19 2,606 26-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Hodgsonp
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 296 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW Missing sqlitedbs al70 3 235 28-02-2024, 21:00 PM
Last Post: al70
  Solved ✔ ista d 4.45.30 Launcher B O S S 10 1,701 04-02-2024, 18:24 PM
Last Post: B O S S
XZBMW TokenMaster Launcher 5.2 Update hayend 24 4,650 03-02-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: zero9