Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Dr. Gini actived or cracked and one have link please?
27-10-2023, 13:45 PM,
RE: Dr. Gini actived or cracked and one have link please?
Tinkerman-

Interesting point about the benefits of using VM!  Had not thought of the protection features VM offers.

I'm 63, and as a career professional in investment management, I spent the majority of every day in front of a computer. Nonetheless, I could never get past the initial hump in compiter language and coding.

Fixing things, especially cars has always been my passion. But I'm far better at the wrenching end of fixing than the software end.  I guess it just boils down to aptitude because I'm spent countless hours (100's and 100's of hours) setting up, configuring, making interfaces connect let alone diagnosing and trying to figure out all the error codes (both software and vehicle).  I can change N62 valve seals faster than I can figure out the locations all the files- Daten, Data, SGDATEN, CFGDAT, *.prg, *.ipo, *.0da and *.0pa let alone what they do!

In fact just last night my wife mentioned a warning light came on on her summer car, a 1997 328i Convertible with less than 100k miles.  Had to get out the oldest of my three ThinkPads that has working copies Carsoft and PA Soft (so much quicker than DIS/GT-1).

In any case Tinkerman, seems you are quite comfortable with the diagnostic software end.....you must be an engineer, chemist, doctor or lawyer!

Sorry to ramble.....

In Summary-
1) I find your posts both interesting and helpful.  Especially your detail that "correct" *.ipo files may have to be manually adjusted.
2) Regarding Dr. Gini, other than my gauge issue I also wondered if I was also having config issues with functions under the PROGRAM tab.  The ZUSB function works great!  I think the ZUSB feature it is better and faster than any single BMW Standard Tool.  But on all of my Gini installations the three other PROGRAM tab functions- Comfort, Expert and Code are all greyed out.  I gather the lack of functionality of these WinKFP features is not my configuration but rather the unfinished nature of Gini which impacts everyone.

Too bad, it seems Gini's efforts fell only inches short of completing a fantastic tool.
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2023, 17:03 PM,
(27-10-2023, 13:45 PM)HankReardon Wrote:  ... you must be an engineer, chemist, doctor or lawyer!

Sorry to ramble.....

In Summary-
1) I find your posts both interesting and helpful.  Especially your detail that "correct" *.ipo files may have to be manually adjusted.
2) Regarding Dr. Gini, ... 
all of my Gini installations the three other PROGRAM tab functions- Comfort, Expert and Code are all greyed out.  I gather the lack of functionality of these WinKFP features is not my configuration but rather the unfinished nature of Gini which impacts everyone.

Too bad, it seems Gini's efforts fell only inches short of completing a fantastic tool.
I do have a background in engineering(audio/computers/mechanical), hence the tendency to geek out.

BMW Standard Tools has EDIABAS as the centeral processing center which communicates with apps like INPA, NCS, Tool32, WinKFP. When an app calls for a certain 'job' to be performed and tells EDIABAS which reference file(say E90.ENG + selected engine/DME file) to use, EDIABAS will retrieve these and any other necessary files (say a '.prg', '.ipo' files etc.), process the job according to the reference files' specifications, communicate with the car's ECUs to perform the job(s), then report back to the app the results.

Dr.Gini is just another app, that utilizes EDIABAS for information exchanges with the car's ECUs. Its most attractive advantage seems to be the ability to potentially perform all functions of BMW Standard Tools without having to turn ON & OFF the various apps(EDIABAS can only work with one app at a time). It is unfortunate that Gini had to stop or pause the last leg of development (that related to flash programming like that of WinKFP). I hope he reawakens his interest for the project and even writes up at least a short guide for proper use, so the 'fresh folks' don't convert their pride and joy into zombies!
28-10-2023, 02:36 AM,
(23-04-2022, 09:29 AM)justdiag Wrote:  Or here as it was posted some time ago

"
Allright. Given the earlier post of a fully unpacked and patched executable of version 22.1.0.0
and considering the clear outcome of the poll, here is the patched executable of version 22.4.0.5.
First let the original installer from the referenced Dr.Gini post run, and then replace the executable by hand.

I would have repackaged/protected the executable to somehow preserve the original author's .
net code, however this makes no longer sense as there was an earlier post in this thread of
an unprotected v22.1.0.0.

There are two versions of the patched executable included. It appears that the original
v22.4.0.5 code is searching like mad all folders/drives/shares during each startup to
find copies of itself, matching the regular expression "GINI". In case it finds any,
it matches on the "Original filename" property and deletes any matching file it comes across.
At first I thought there was perhaps by accident malware at play in the original build
(it includes packaged DLLs from various origins) until I found this was intentional behavior.
It also deletes the entire file contents of \Local\Temp directory when closing.
Not only is this pretty crazy behavior, it might actually be dangerous as any file
containing "GINI" in the "Original filename" property will be deleted.
It managed to kick out a file on my drives named regini.exe which was in an entirely
different directory and had nothing to do with this at all! So there is one patched
executable where I disabled this behavior, and another one being the patched original.
"

So I'm already a little confused about which is the version that doesn't remove anything or which is the correct one to install.
thank you
29-10-2023, 15:51 PM,
(28-10-2023, 02:36 AM)yomismo 01 Wrote:  ...
So I'm already a little confused about which is the version that doesn't remove anything or which is the correct one to install.
thank you

If you download justdiag's uploaded zip file and unzip, there are 2 folders:
- patched_autosearch_autodelete_disabled
- patched_original

and within each folder there is an installer ('.exe' file), the "disabled" one supposedly 'disabled' the deleting behavior in the installer while the other 'original' version still deletes files with references to "GINI" in the file's name.

I could not install either of the "patched" files in a VM, and according to justdiag, the non-support for VMs is "protected" (cannot be altered) in the installer. This seems to originate from the original Gini upload for the license required version B022 (confirmed by test running Gini's original installer which would actually run unlike the patched versions, but eventually did cause the "Virtual environments not supported!" pop-up).

Interestingly worth noting, Gini's original B022 installer actually runs initially in a VM, and deletes all previous installations, and persists to delete "Gini" references afterward, such as a shortcut (for the B022 '.exe' in the EDIABAS folder) placed on Desktop will also get deleted upon running Dr.Gini B022(!) - which is not normal. Hence, justdiag's(or someone else's) motivation to muster up a 'patched' version.

Once the B022 'original' versions are installed, it seems that the this deleting behavior 'persists'. Therefore, even though the Dr.Gini installation is 'downgraded' to B021, the same annoying deleting behavior of say a shortcut for the Dr.Gini.exe in the EDIABAS folder placed on the Desktop, will keep disappearing even if Dr.Gini B021 '.exe' is run! This is the type of situation in which a VM is to one's advantage, since I can just delete the "corrupted system"(VM) and copy back/'recall' a saved previous version installed VM(before the problematic install - B022), without having to reinstall OS, updates and everything else! So I'm essentially already done with a good stable* installation(B021)!
*Update: Actually the annoying deletion of 'shortcuts'(e.g. Dr.Gini launcher shortcut on desktop) after opening the software, is actually present in B021 as well! A simple workaround is to change "Gini", e.g. put spaces between the letters - "Gini" into "G i n i" or "D r. G i n i".

I asked justdiag if the patched version requires a license (if installed normally in a physical system) but I'm not getting a response. Therefore, until he or someone else can confirm that the "patched" label actually means that the license requirement has been removed, then the best alternative is the 'free' B021 version, as it installs fine on a VM (though it does have that odd deleting behavior... oh well, it's free!). I didn't have any other issues upgrading from the B020 version installed with a Bimmergeeks' Standard Tools package.

Still wondering among my 3 questions above:

2. ... B021 Basic vs B020 Plus, which one is better in terms of more available features?

3. Are all versions of Dr.Gini still NOT supporting flash/programming features of WinKFP?

If anyone has some pointers, I'd be grateful! Cheers...
06-11-2023, 17:16 PM,
XZBMW  Error 201 : Check Hardware Number  Wrong ECU hardware number: 9122399 (BSU not possib
Error 201 : Check Hardware Number  Wrong ECU hardware number: 9122399 (BSU not possible).

I've been trying to flash (WinKFP) a replacement IHKA module (LCI) that I retrofitted after upgrading from CCC to CIC.

The actual ZUSB of the LCI IHKA I'm trying to flash is 9248707. My VO is correctly configured (year/options) for this ZUSB. Every time I try to flash using Comfort Mode, I get the Error 201 : Check Hardware Number  Wrong ECU hardware number: 9122399 (BSU not possible).

INPA, ISTA, Tool32, WinKFP and NCS Expert all show the IHKA with the original pre-LCI zusb- 9122399.

I can easily re-flash with 9122399, but can't update with the correct zusb- 9248707.  Every time I get the 201 Error.

I've tried to flash with Boot Sector Update both enabled and not active.

I get the same error on two different laptops which both have BMW standard tools correctly configured and working perfectly.

Any idea what that error message means?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

15-11-2023, 20:19 PM,
For those that run into the "Virtual environment not supported!" in VMware Workstation, I've finally found a work around:

1. In the VM's folder, locate the ".vmx" file, and open with notepad.

2. At the very bottom of the entries add:
SMBIOS.reflectHost = TRUE

3. Save the ".vmx" file and open the VM.

4. First, copy onto the VM the original Dr.Gini installer (license required version), without copying justdiag's 'patched' launcher '.exe' files onto the VM, as the original installation process deletes any other version of "Dr.Gini" files present on the VM.

5. Disconnect any external drive(s) that got used for copying the original installer onto the VM, BEFORE running the original installer. This is to prevent the installer process from scanning and deleting files named "Dr.Gini"(or containing "gini") from such drive(s).

6. Run the original Dr.Gini installer, then delete its "Dr.Gini.exe" launcher from the C:\EDIABAS\Bin folder.

7. Copy onto the VM's  C:\EDIABAS\Bin folder justdiag's 'patched' launcher (patched Dr.Gini.exe).

8. Create a shortcut of justdiag's 'patched' launcher onto the desktop for convenience.

Cheers~
[+] 2 users say Thank You to tinkerman for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Older Psdzdatas link please? Dany 0 116 28-11-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Dany
XZBMW How to link cafd/swfl to psdzdata version ? oros 14 1,553 14-09-2023, 18:13 PM
Last Post: RaoulK1998
XZBMW link for file type SDP of ISTA 4.39.20 Fraizer 5 572 30-07-2023, 02:12 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
XZBMW a link for ISTA 4.37.3 Standalone by Sedoy ? ^^ Fraizer 11 1,346 16-05-2023, 13:24 PM
Last Post: Fraizer
XZBMW Search for xHP+ files (cracked) mars2moon 4 1,400 04-04-2023, 19:39 PM
Last Post: st1
  Road Maps for Southern Africa Next 2023 - Mega Link Mwahab 0 160 09-03-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Mwahab
XZBMW Road Maps for Middle East Next 2023 NEXT - Mega link Mwahab 0 231 09-03-2023, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Mwahab
  ISTA-P 3.69.0.400 looking for download link NickMayer 9 1,300 13-12-2022, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kn6600
XZBMW ISTA4.37.2X link required pengshengshi 1 357 05-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Last Post: dopamine
XZBMW EUROPE WEST Route 2020-2 link? xMoses 7 636 04-12-2022, 19:35 PM
Last Post: PsevDo