Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

AOS BMW and SERMI
15-04-2024, 09:58 AM,
RE: AOS BMW and SERMI
(13-04-2024, 13:16 PM)jaki Wrote:  
(12-04-2024, 09:17 AM)RaoulK1998 Wrote:  what module and car model you got the SERMI notification? i have yet to see it on AOS ISTA so im curious when/where its shown

E60 530i LCI 2007, so very rare model rofl 

As previous posters wrote, I assume it maybe can popup without any logic.
If I can imagine for the furure, all high voltage, driver assistance etc things might be possible areas. Just thinking.

I will flash in coming week one E90. Eventough it is only to flash stock, I will as curiosity to look some ABL's, if there will popup such QR-code askings.

did you see it immediatly or only when you tried to run a specific ABL?

Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2024, 12:18 PM,
(15-04-2024, 09:58 AM)RaoulK1998 Wrote:  did you see it immediatly or only when you tried to run a specific ABL?

Maybe I have written not precise enough:
So I run one ABL, it started ok, then I continue in it, no problem. Then I looked schematic in ABL, no problem.
Then I pushed one part of the schematic (LIN bus routing). then it didn't went to that route, instead it showed QR-Code to me.
So I assume it can pop up in any place. I honestly have no idea.
My workaround is to use Rheingold, works for sure smile
15-04-2024, 12:50 PM,
(15-04-2024, 12:18 PM)jaki Wrote:  
(15-04-2024, 09:58 AM)RaoulK1998 Wrote:  did you see it immediatly or only when you tried to run a specific ABL?

Maybe I have written not precise enough:
So I run one ABL, it started ok, then I continue in it, no problem. Then I looked schematic in ABL, no problem.
Then I pushed one part of the schematic (LIN bus routing). then it didn't went to that route, instead it showed QR-Code to me.
So I assume it can pop up in any place. I honestly have no idea.
My workaround is to use Rheingold, works for sure smile

I understand, thank you for this information. probably everything thats related to immo/security will be protected by the SERMI.

18-04-2024, 07:19 AM,
(15-04-2024, 12:50 PM)RaoulK1998 Wrote:  I understand, thank you for this information. probably everything thats related to immo/security will be protected by the SERMI.

I guess also so.
Actually I got a sort of answer from heldesk.
They answered that I do programming for cars without limitations in the future.
I guess that also maybe fault code reading is ok, but ABL's might be limited.
Anyway, I have presently Rheingold for till -21 cars and even with that I can live well.
For younger guys, starting their business, it for sure is a bit harder. Wonder what You can do year model 2030 cars at all.
22-04-2024, 09:09 AM,
I have no problems with SERMI till now(EU), but the newest ISTA Version is out(18.04.24), and I don-t know if it will ask for Certificate(not checked yet). I need Ista only for Programming and I-Step Updates. I talked to SERMI and: 5 Years Certificate costs 960E. And they make 2 Checks at Workshop.( Do not know what they check - PC, Programms or anything else). If you need more Cetificates( for your employees it will cost more. I think about Certification, but I don-t realy know if it is worth only for Programmiming.
22-04-2024, 11:47 AM,
Probably not really required for small businesses doing some retrofit's /diagnosis. I wonder if you have to replace a broken BDC you need SERMI to order a new BDC? Usually BMW does all the IMMO stuff for it while you just have to install and code it, so you dont really touch security related stuff..

22-04-2024, 11:58 AM,
Hi,

last week I had a G32 a RVC retrofit. I encountered the Seremi screen when I wanted to have a look where the Fuse was located in a wiring diagram, not even an ABL. Rest has been no problem, programming and the ABL I opened.
23-04-2024, 06:10 AM,
(22-04-2024, 11:47 AM)sambir Wrote:  Probably not really required for small businesses doing some retrofit's /diagnosis. I wonder if you have to replace a broken BDC you need SERMI to order a new BDC? Usually BMW does all the IMMO stuff for it while you just have to install and code it, so you dont really touch security related stuff..

order BDC or Key ist not a Problem without SERMI, but Wiring Diagram and Programming can be. I asked BMW Support, if I need SERMI for Programming, they answered: Bla bLa - take a look at SERMI.eu.. and there is nothing exact, only - Security related Modules are Covered by Sermi, each Car Manufacturer can chose what Modules are covered.
23-04-2024, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 23-04-2024, 07:21 AM by jaki.)
Quote: And they make 2 Checks at Workshop.( Do not know what they check - PC, Programms or anything else).

Basically they have right to check if your company is what you have said.
For employeess, if those are what you have reported etc. I don't know how they can check that employeess don't have any criminal record. Probable they that kind of rights.
Basically for honest business and for kicking out organisations that vanish stolen cars etc, it is a good thing, but eg for me, one man little company, it is absolutely too expecive.

(22-04-2024, 11:58 AM)gt678 Wrote:  Hi,

last week I had a G32 a RVC retrofit. I encountered the Seremi screen when I wanted to have a look where the Fuse was located in a wiring diagram, not even an ABL. Rest has been no problem, programming and the ABL I opened.

That sounds strange. Fuses are very basic things. This makes me thinking that certificate can pop up in any place.
23-04-2024, 08:42 AM,
I have also no Problems with it, till Price smile Independent Workshops(one man too) are supossed to do this, Official Dealers not.... how fair is this.... don-t know....