CarTechnoloGY
Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle (/showthread.php?tid=11818)

Pages: 1 2

Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - eliaselias - 05-12-2015

Car honda accord 2009
problem with needle

i have disassemble the dash to correct the mileage
I have push up the needle to remove them
i have connect st01 cable to 93c86 eeprom ( i have not desolder it ) i have enter eeprom on digiprog to read it to make a back up .. when i pressed read it i hear all motor stepper moving
and same thing happen when i have write the eeprom i heard all motor stepper moving.
i have recalibrate the needle.
but now i have problem with fuel needle...
i have mark the starting position ... when customer drive car after 2-3 day the fuel needle will jump over, it doesn’t come to start position .i have remove the needle and re-calibrate it more then 5 time.
i test it in turning ignition to on and off more then 30 times repetitively .. its work fine when I turn ignition to on the needle move up and when I turn off the needle move down to star position.. but when customer take the car after 2 day its jump over...
i think that the needle don't fell down to start position sometime after turning the car off .. that's why it over jump when turning ignition again to on
any idea on how to fix it?
I have post the needle model

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - rs@chip - 07-12-2015

Hi..try to lift neadle for 1mm..sometimes problem is the nedle became to short to fit back..

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - XmoDDeR - 07-12-2015

Just grab a new dash and do from rear solder points , that dash is cheap, keep your customers happy ,

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - eliaselias - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 13:37 PM)alex.eobd2 Wrote:  Hi..try to lift neadle for 1mm..sometimes problem is the nedle became to short to fit back..

hello the needle is lifted ok do you think there another solution ?

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - rs@chip - 07-12-2015

Probably dead motor..if nedle is feted as shuld and wont work you need to change motor or like XmoDDeR sayed.. good luck

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - eliaselias - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 19:55 PM)alex.eobd2 Wrote:  Probably dead motor..if nedle is feted as shuld and wont work you need to change motor or like XmoDDeR sayed.. good luck

the needle work for 2-3 day correctly but after it don't get back to original position ...so i -recalibrate it and same problem come back again

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - xander20005 - 07-12-2015

Change the stepper motor from dash
and next time dont be lazy and remove the eeprom

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - XmoDDeR - 07-12-2015

He wasnt lazy he pulled the needles , all in vain as you can do this vehicle with all tools that support eprom programming from the back solder points without damage.

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - antenor - 07-12-2015

See if the stop needle is broken.
Ever happened to me something similar in another cluster (Peugeot 206). I had to put a stop to the needle and works well.

RE: Problem with honda accord 2009 needle - xander20005 - 07-12-2015

Xmodder, I always remove the needles (where is possible) and always I remove the eep too, solder to r/w (not using clips) ( from 1998) and never had problems like this