CarTechnoloGY
Question : Used Airbag ecu - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: AIRBAG (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Question : Used Airbag ecu (/showthread.php?tid=18562)

Question : Used Airbag ecu - Gucci mane - 29-09-2016

Hello everybody is it possible to use used air bag ecu from other car change the vin remove crash data then code it by VCDS . Have to do on Golf 6 Tiguan (same ecu ) . Does carprog can do it ...
hi

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - domelec - 29-09-2016

Why do you need another airbag module ?
cant you just clear crash data in the original 1 ?
for better answer need more info on module etc

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - Gucci mane - 29-09-2016

(29-09-2016, 12:39 PM)domelec Wrote:  Why do you need another airbag module ?
cant you just clear crash data in the original 1 ?
for better answer need more info on module etc

Why do you need another airbag module ?
Because bad chances i was inattentive i break the EPROM when i remove it to remove crash data so now ..Ecu hs

Please help me ...
I want to know if i buy an ecu with crash data already remove can i code it by vcds used ecu don't have the same Checksum and coding address if you have way ...
Or buy a brand new but more expenssive ...

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - ryanb4200 - 29-09-2016

A good used one with same part number can be adapted without issue.. What year and make is the vw?

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - domelec - 29-09-2016

Or if only eeprom broke then would be cheaper to buy blank eeprom and then program it with a dump from someone else's

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - Gucci mane - 30-09-2016

(29-09-2016, 19:03 PM)ryanb4200 Wrote:  A good used one with same part number can be adapted without issue.. What year and make is the vw?

Is a Vw Tiguan 2011 , used part but if i don't have the same color / Same checksum can it put and code it with vag com?

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - Gucci mane - 30-09-2016

(29-09-2016, 19:30 PM)domelec Wrote:  Or if only eeprom broke then would be cheaper to buy blank eeprom and then program it with a dump from someone else's

And about the coding ? i can do it with Vag com?

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - domelec - 30-09-2016

That im not sure about has i havent done 1 but cant see why not
or maybe need to use vas5054 and odis
im sure someone more into vags will know

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - ryanb4200 - 30-09-2016

I am not 100% sure on that! Last one that I did was 09 jetta.. used module was fine and coded no problem.. As long as same part number I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

RE: Question : Used Airbag ecu - Gucci mane - 01-10-2016

(30-09-2016, 20:09 PM)ryanb4200 Wrote:  I am not 100% sure on that! Last one that I did was 09 jetta.. used module was fine and coded no problem.. As long as same part number I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

Coded with?? Vcds VAG-COM ?