CarTechnoloGY
[Solved] NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: [Solved] NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate (/showthread.php?tid=47781)

Pages: 1 2

[Solved] NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - acolt - 09-03-2019

Hey guys!

I need some hints from you....
I have installed 2019-1 EU maps on an NBT (next). Right after update the unit startet to reboot all the time.

Now I've let the car sleep over night and will continue tomorrow, meanwhile I wanted to ask here...

-> I think it is the HDD or?
-> only replacing of the unit/hdd would solve the problem or should I try to flash it?
-> someone had a same issue?

I would really appreciate for all help you'll give wink
Thx!

============== NEW INFO =============

I thaught it was the hdd, replacEd the unit, installed the fsc, unit working every thing is nice. Than i've started a map update from the same usb stick.

AND NOW, I HAVE 2 Rebooting units!!!!

So, the case is not in the unit, it is the data on flash drive or the usb stick itself.

What I want to do: clear map data over tool32, but all the restart don't let me do that, anyone a hint how to make it stable for a short time and to launch map data clearing????

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - duckdonald - 09-03-2019

have you tried to disconnect the battery?
for some Entrynav works.

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - acolt - 09-03-2019

Hmm, will try tomorrow...

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - jararak - 10-03-2019

nbt hdds is not easy replacable, is there some parameter to remove maps in tool32? think I have this once on CIC.

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - emhtuning - 10-03-2019

I had this issue once , apparently the NBT had old software so all I did is a software update.

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - acolt - 10-03-2019

Okay, i'll try an update first, but if it is all the time rebooting would it get to calculate Tal?

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - emhtuning - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 07:00 AM)acolt Wrote:  Okay, i'll try an update first, but if it is all the time rebooting would it get to calculate Tal?

that actually a good question , 

with tool32 I remember there was an option in NBT.PRG to put NBT in flashing mode . you might need to look into that , all info in German which I am sure its not an issue for you  giggle

RE: NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - acolt - 10-03-2019

Thank you very much again wink
I'll let you know

RE: [Need advice] NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - acolt - 19-03-2019

============== NEW INFO =============

I thaught it was the hdd, replacEd the unit, installed the fsc, unit working every thing is nice. Than i've started a map update from the same usb stick.

So, the case is not in the unit, it is the data on flash drive or the usb stick itself.

What I want to do: clear map data over tool32, but all the restart don't let me do that, anyone a hint how to make it stable for a short time and to launch map data clearing????

RE: [Need advice] NBT allways RESTARTING after mapupdate - jeroenbmw - 19-03-2019

(19-03-2019, 12:29 PM)acolt Wrote:  ============== NEW INFO =============

Did you do the map updates with same USB? maby some small data on the map USB is missing.

If you have a ENET cable you can give me team acces, i can login in NBT an partitioning hdd from fresh.