CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ F10 failed software update with ISTA - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ F10 failed software update with ISTA (/showthread.php?tid=57606)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - Spirit5676 - 07-10-2019

(07-10-2019, 21:29 PM)tschek Wrote:  
(07-10-2019, 21:23 PM)Spirit5676 Wrote:  If nothing was being programmed, then it's not so bad. It's often the case that you can't turn on KL15 after failed flash. You need to remove the negative battery terminal for a minute. Then reconnect, you should have KL15 back.

After you crash enough software updates you stop worrying.   wink

how many updates going wrong that did you done ?

Enough. I quite often get cars that got some issues and someone else has already tried to fix it. This week had to fix two headunits that got corrupt software / coding issues. One of them had been to the dealer three times to no avail.

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - fiz_lth - 07-10-2019

Tried that too, error about failure to read the backup partner.

(07-10-2019, 21:51 PM)tschek Wrote:  Maybe your own FA not 100% right, something with the date. But you can try to restore the orginal FA as an Backup from CAS. You will find it in the VCM at E-sys.
Or Post your vin, i can get the org. FA for you.

Sent you a PM with VIN

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - milkyway - 08-10-2019

Hello!

I can help via Teamviewer if you like.

CU Oliver

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - fiz_lth - 08-10-2019

The car is stuck in a friends garage and there is no WiFi in there.
Could you please tell me what am I doing wrong?

Hello!

I think you can connect E-sys with the car and you will see only ZGW in SVT. Check ZGW whether the files are okay or not (no UNKNWN on it).I fear, you will see exactly this. You have to reflash the ZGW. The VO is stored in VCM and the VCM is inside ZGW. So if your ZGW is not programmed you will not be able to load any VO from VCM and of course you will not see any other ECU - absolutely normal.

BTW, a smartphone hotspot (LTE) is normally enough.

CU Oliver

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - fiz_lth - 08-10-2019

It is exactly how you explained it, so I have recreated FA file from logs that I could find on ISTA
I then tried to fix the SVT to get rid of the unknown item.
Is it hard to get that ZGW module setup on a bench for programming?

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - Node - 08-10-2019

So post your FA here and somebody hopefully will fix it. Or post VIN and somebody will create FA from it. It was suggested to you in one of first posts. It could have been finished by now...

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - lustek - 08-10-2019

Do like milkyway wrote.
Did you try reflash single zgw with esys?
Show us your files that you generated

Hello!

Your VO is still inside VCM. When you reflash the ZGW it will be back again - don't worry.

When you have no saved VO from the car let me know the VIN and you will get one for the flash. And there's no need to fix any SVT. Don't load any SVT when you are flashing.

To bring the car back to life should need only 5 minutes - not more.

CU Oliver

RE: F10 failed software update with ISTA - lustek - 08-10-2019

(08-10-2019, 11:11 AM)milkyway Wrote:  Hello!

Your VO is still inside VCM. When you reflash the ZGW it will be back again - don't worry.

When you have no saved VO from the car let me know the VIN and you will get one for the flash. And there's no need to fix any SVT. Don't load any SVT when you are flashing.

To bring the car back to life should need only 5 minutes - not more.

CU Oliver

Oliver can you write how to flash module without calculating and loading svt in tal?