CarTechnoloGY
F & G series - Slow programming speed - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: F & G series - Slow programming speed (/showthread.php?tid=66167)

Pages: 1 2 3

F & G series - Slow programming speed - Krysiaman - 01-07-2022

Hi! 
I'm programming an G30 right now using E-sys and Enet (but had same problem using E-sys with ICOM or Ista with Icom) and most of the modules went really fast as they should but then when it came to Dkombi and TCB it slowed down A LOT. I guess esys switched from Ethernet to D-Can but why? I had such situations sometimes with NBT and it took ages to programm it. 

Right now Windows Task Manager shows me 32kb/s of upload via Ethernet...

Where could be the problem? Is it something wrong with esys or maybe it's firewall related? I double checked and firewall is disabled. Using enet cable I'm sure its not router related problem because I don't use it.

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - jaramillo - 01-07-2022

Maybe you are flashing via UDS?

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - Krysiaman - 01-07-2022

Yes, right now it seems its using UDS. But why other modules went via Ethernet and Esys switched on its own to UDS? How can I avoid this in future?

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - Sedoy - 01-07-2022

Firewall, Antivirus, wrong Configuration.

I have flashed with ISTA and ENET, but use DHCP-Router (software) and disable Antivirus/Firewall.

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - DEJMIEN - 01-07-2022

When I used esys 3.32 everything was fine but when I installed esys 3.36 it started using UDS all the time but when flash nbt / evo goes normally over HTTP. Flash via UDS in 3.36 is not that slow as was in version 3.32 it was very slow…

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - Krysiaman - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 17:01 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  Firewall, Antivirus, wrong Configuration.

I have flashed with ISTA and ENET, but use DHCP-Router (software) and disable Antivirus/Firewall.
Firewall totally disabled and no antivirus. Which configuration do you mean? ESYS?
Tried with original Icom via Router or even using build in DHCP server and still sometimes had this issue.

(01-07-2022, 17:03 PM)DEJMIEN Wrote:  When I used esys 3.32 everything was fine but when I installed esys 3.36 it started using UDS all the time but when flash nbt / evo goes normally over HTTP. Flash via UDS in 3.36 is not that slow as was in version 3.32 it was very slow…
Interesting. I'm using right now 3.36.2 and EsysX launcher so maybe I will give a try another version.

EDIT: Another question by the way. When I can and when I can't use Stop button in Tal Processing tab when programming is on?

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - Duken - 01-07-2022

Dont use launcher when programing

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - jaramillo - 01-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 17:49 PM)Krysiaman Wrote:  
(01-07-2022, 17:01 PM)Sedoy Wrote:  Firewall, Antivirus, wrong Configuration.

Firewall totally disabled and no antivirus. Which configuration do you mean? ESYS?
Tried with original Icom via Router or even using build in DHCP server and still sometimes had this issue.

(01-07-2022, 17:03 PM)DEJMIEN Wrote:  When I used esys 3.32 everything was fine but when I installed esys 3.36 it started using UDS all the time but when flash nbt / evo goes normally over HTTP. Flash via UDS in 3.36 is not that slow as was in version 3.32 it was very slow…
Interesting. I'm using right now 3.36.2 and EsysX launcher so maybe I will give a try another version.

EDIT: Another question by the way. When I can and when I can't use Stop button in Tal Processing tab when programming is on?

You can use stop button but the transactions that are being executed will continue.

I really don't understand the rush to use latest esys/ista d/p versions... latest doesnt mean better usage etc...

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - flashxcode - 02-07-2022

(01-07-2022, 18:44 PM)Duken Wrote:  Dont use launcher when programing

Doesn't matter.

So, the idea is this :
When u do BTLD it needs to go via UDS.
Then when it switches to SWFL or iba (case of evo) it will go to HTTP not HTTPS (it's not encrypted lol)

Try to edit the tal and force the Protocol to http

Or you can edit the tal.txt file and add this line

<swDeployTA preferredProtocol="HTTP" flashFileSize="0" estimatedExecutionTime="0" status="Executable">

Cheers!

RE: F & G series - Slow programming speed - Krysiaman - 04-07-2022

Thank you guys! Tried all the tips and still got this: 

Code:
<MCDDiagService<id=285200, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.common.MCD3_ActivateProgModeCascade, service=RDBI_IPCONF - ReadDataByIdentifier IPConfig, description=error: positive response with negative content: Subnet mask does not match with subnet mask of master gateway, link=HU_NBT2_63_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]>

<[] Activate programming mode was not successful for: ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 [WARN]>
<[] ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 not accessible cause could not be switched to parallel programming mode [WARN]>
<[HU_NBT2 - 63] ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 not accessible cause could not be switched to parallel programming mode [THROWABLE]>
<[] ECUId:HU_NBT2_0x63 not accessible cause could not be switched to parallel programming mode [WARN]>

Using I-COM, Esys 3.40 without launcher and edited TAL to force HTTP programming