CarTechnoloGY
ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? (/showthread.php?tid=86738)

Pages: 1 2

ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - kalosbg - 17-12-2023

Hello,

I have several non-functional IDrive controllers from E-series CIC (ZBE or CON) with part number 9334611. They do not communicate at all but I cannot find any fault on the boards, so it looks like a software issue.

They are based on S9S12P128 0M01N (Secured). I cannot find programmer that is able to read this chip without erasing it first.

I was not able to find bin anywhere but read that it may be possible to extract the bin file from the 0pa file.
I'm attaching 9334611A.0pa which should contains the bin file in "intel hex" format. 
9334611A.zip
File Type: .zip
Downloaded: 4 times
Size: 47.32 KB

Regards,

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - pRoxxxDD - 18-12-2023

It's possible, but it's not the full binary. I mean 0pa is only the program part (0ba = bootloader, 0pa = program, 0da = data(constants) part). And even if there are all 3 parts 0ba,0pa, and 0da, it can be a not full binary, because there is also a boot part that is written from the factory and doesn't update with WinKFP/Esys.

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - ____ANGEL___ - 19-12-2023

(17-12-2023, 18:38 PM)kalosbg Wrote:  Hello,

I have several non-functional IDrive controllers from E-series CIC (ZBE or CON) with part number 9334611. They do not communicate at all but I cannot find any fault on the boards, so it looks like a software issue.

They are based on S9S12P128 0M01N (Secured). I cannot find programmer that is able to read this chip without erasing it first.

I was not able to find bin anywhere but read that it may be possible to extract the bin file from the 0pa file.
I'm attaching 9334611A.0pa which should contains the bin file in "intel hex" format. 

Regards,

try to reflash with icom

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - kalosbg - 19-12-2023

(18-12-2023, 09:39 AM)pRoxxxDD Wrote:  It's possible, but it's not the full binary. I mean 0pa is only the program part (0ba = bootloader, 0pa = program, 0da = data(constants) part). And even if there are all 3 parts 0ba,0pa, and 0da, it can be a not full binary, because there is also a boot part that is written from the factory and doesn't update with WinKFP/Esys.

Thank you for the great explanation!

ANGEL, unfortunately the device doesn’t response at all.

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - ____ANGEL___ - 19-12-2023

seems that xprog can

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - pRoxxxDD - 20-12-2023

(19-12-2023, 19:31 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  seems that xprog can
As I know there is no E series dump for ZBE because MCU is read protected, the only dumps from ZBE I saw are from F series.

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - atiwok - 20-12-2023

this is the ecology, you have to buy brand new part because old one has corrupted firmware

i would try to flash with kdcan using nfs

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - ____ANGEL___ - 21-12-2023

they broke because of kdcan flashing... kdcan chinese fw is the cause

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - pRoxxxDD - 22-12-2023

(21-12-2023, 20:56 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  they broke because of kdcan flashing... kdcan chinese fw is the cause

Chinese k-dcan can't transfer big blocks of data(255 bytes), they do it sometimes with trash, and winkfp doesn't double check what was written, so when it checks signature at the end of flash it fails. For example xhp works with chinese kdcans, because it will rewrite data until it will match.But this has nothing to do with this thread, because you cant kill ECU with Chinese d-can it will still communicates. So please, stop flooding about thing that you don't know.

RE: ZBE (IDrive Controller) bin file needed. Is 0pa to bin possible? - ____ANGEL___ - 22-12-2023

(22-12-2023, 08:07 AM)pRoxxxDD Wrote:  
(21-12-2023, 20:56 PM)____ANGEL___ Wrote:  they broke because of kdcan flashing... kdcan chinese fw is the cause

Chinese k-dcan can't transfer big blocks of data(255 bytes), they do it sometimes with trash, and winkfp doesn't double check what was written, so when it checks signature at the end of flash it fails. For example xhp works with chinese kdcans, because it will rewrite data until it will match.But this has nothing to do with this thread, because you cant kill ECU with Chinese d-can it will still communicates. So please, stop flooding about thing that you don't know.

If i don't know things, why i have suggested to use icom? How can i know that kdcan can't flash zbe and some others ecu? If you have only kdcan you will deal with a broken zbe for software issue. Stop assuming that you're better than other people. I was responding to a wrong suggestion wich is "use kdcan". If u use bimmergeeks works, or ediabaslib works, chinese not. And if you have only kdcan you have a piece of crap instead of a zbe. Zbes about this thread are not responding like the op says, so only mcu solutions are possible.