Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Running DiagBox from SSD Drive
29-03-2017, 14:06 PM,
PPeugeot  Running DiagBox from SSD Drive
I am trying to run DiagBox on a Dell E6400 which has an SSD installed.

Loaded up Windows XP and DiagBox 7.01 (Many Many times) but cannot get it to activate once it has done the update to 7.02 ??

Will this software run from an SSD Drive ??

Otherwise I am at my wits end as to why I can't get this software running !!!

Many thanks. JB
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 03:39 AM,
RE: Running DiagBox from SSD Drive
(29-03-2017, 14:06 PM)bushellj Wrote:  I am trying to run DiagBox on a Dell E6400 which has an SSD installed.

Loaded up Windows XP and DiagBox 7.01 (Many Many times) but cannot get it to activate once it has done the update to 7.02 ??

Will this software run from an SSD Drive ??

Otherwise I am at my wits end as to why I can't get this software running !!!

Many thanks. JB

Install all drivers and let all Network board active.

wink2
30-03-2017, 08:02 AM,
All drivers are loaded. I have an active network interface. Version 7.01 is activated and appears to be working.

When I reload DiagBox and the system automatically updates to 7.02 it is no longer activated and I just get error messages when I try to do anything !!

Any ideas ??
30-03-2017, 13:14 PM,
Mine doen't need to reload APPDIAG.SYS when v7.02 is up. Anyway did you make back up of the file (preferable by win RAR), try to replace the file from back up when 7.02 is ready.
01-04-2017, 11:35 AM,
Hi Zmann.

No I did not take a backup of APPDIAG.SYS on the last few tries as it did not appear to change when the system updated as you also seem to imply. Why would I want to use WinRAR to back up this file ? I just copied and renamed it during earlier tries. Also I have been using 7-Zip to un-RAR the downloaded files basically because it was free rather than WinRAR / WinZIP which requires a payment for the license.

I am going to rebuild the laptop again today with XP from scratch to see if I can get this working.

I initially set up the Laptop with Win XP and the Lexia and PP2000 software which all loaded OK and activated. Plugged in the Lexia-3 Interface - USB Drivers loaded OK and plugged it in to my Peugeot 207 (2007 model). Just got an error message that the ECU was not responding.

I am also pretty sure that the DiagBox software has updated the firmware in the Lexia-3 interface as part of the update to 7.02 as I had it plugged in to the laptop during one of my installation trials.

So some questions that appear to come up in various threads:-

1) Should I have the Lexia-3 interface plugged in during the installation ?
2) At what point of the installation should I install the Lexia-3 interface drivers ?
3) Should the Laptop be connected to the Internet during installation.
4) My Dell E6400 Laptop has a UK Keyboard. Should I set the Languages for XP as UK or US ?
5) I am doing the installation from a mounted ISO Drive on the Hard Disk (SSD) rather than directly from the CD Drive.

I have followed the various installation instructions to the word but have yet to have a working system ??!!

Many thanks for your help JB
15-04-2017, 18:32 PM,
So the Error Message I am seeing is :-

USER NOT AUTHENTICATED CLICK TO AUTHENTICATE YOURSELF.

This message is displayed when you hover over the button in the top right corner.

I had assumed that this meant that the software still needed to be authenticated ?? It would appear that even with this message being displayed by the software that it still can be used ????

Why is this not highlighted in any of the installation instructions ? I have reloaded the software over and over again trying to lose this message and now I find that this appears to be "normal" operation.

Version 7.02 appears to recognise most of the ECU modules on my Yr2007 207 with the exception of the ABS ECU ??

My challenge now is to enable the Bluetooth Telephone module with the USB port which came from a Yr2010 car. Microphone already installed and I will change the centre console switch module with the one that has the USB socket.
15-04-2017, 20:32 PM,
Check if the wifi is enabled(it should be) thumbsup

No help for people not give a feedback
16-04-2017, 07:08 AM,
(15-04-2017, 20:32 PM)loki954 Wrote:  Check if the wifi is enabled(it should be) thumbsup

I have removed the WiFi Card from the Laptop as I was having Driver problems. As far as I am aware you just need a working network interface as the software requires access to a MAC Address.

Anyway DiagBox seems to be working now (even with error message). Might even try to apply updates as it currently does not recognise my ABS ECU ??
16-04-2017, 08:15 AM,
The wifi must be working all to be ok thumbsup

No help for people not give a feedback
25-04-2017, 07:16 AM,
The DiagBox software is working fine without WiFi being present in the Laptop. I think you only need an active (but not connected to Internet) interface in the Laptop or Computer as the software requires a valid MAC Address.

What confused me was the error message when you move the cursor over the authentication icon:-

USER NOT AUTHENTICATED CLICK TO AUTHENTICATE YOURSELF.

This message is displayed when you hover over the icon in the top right corner.

I had assumed that this meant that the software still needed to be authenticated (as you would) ??

It would appear that even with this message being displayed by the software that it still can be used.

Why is this not highlighted in any of the installation instructions ? I had reloaded the software over and over again trying to lose this message and now I find that this appears to be "normal" operation.

It is really frustrating when something as basic as this is not included in the instructions. I am sure this would have helped a lot of people trying to get this software to work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  diagbox 9.173 sharawi 2 318 21-04-2024, 14:31 PM
Last Post: justdiag
  PSA Diagbox VCI Interfaces alexturbo 18 7,244 27-12-2023, 21:45 PM
Last Post: apol
PPeugeot DIAGBOX 2021 9.85 FULL INSTALATION akli 6 2,996 26-12-2023, 20:21 PM
Last Post: Le-Mans
PCitroen DIAGBOX online walczaklu 10 8,861 03-12-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: mattydr67
  DiagBox 7+Updates+Firmware+Drivers+Tools (Magnet) Simple 33 35,978 22-11-2023, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Jeppo
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.129 activation request dadoa4 4 2,528 09-11-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: bovhec
  diagbox 9.150 stasi 5 2,475 16-09-2023, 19:41 PM
Last Post: stasi
  DiagBox Language Change Simple 16 17,572 14-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: żarówka
  DIAGBOX help needed installing mars2moon 4 1,114 23-07-2023, 18:45 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY
PPeugeot Diagbox 9.91 VmWare gabi2008 6 4,379 23-07-2023, 18:42 PM
Last Post: J415UNNY