Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

6WB cluster make virgin
15-05-2017, 15:16 PM,
Post: #1
6WB cluster make virgin
I've purchased an used 6WB cluster and I need to change the vin and mileage.
I do have a R270 programmer.
Main question is do I have to desolder the chip and can the chip be reused?

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 16:32 PM,
Post: #2
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
(15-05-2017, 15:16 PM)Fx82 Wrote:  I've purchased an used 6WB cluster and I need to change the vin and mileage.
I do have a R270 programmer.
Main question is do I have to desolder the chip and can the chip be reused?

Hi,

sometimes ago I found this in the web. 6WA or 6WB doesn´t matter...


Attached Files
6wa_retrofit_guide.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 1,218 times
Size: 818.83 KB

Reputation: +2 - hamzettin [+1] , Vojno [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 20 users say Thank You to M-Simon for this post
15-05-2017, 16:39 PM,
Post: #3
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
For the 6WB cluster you need more than the R270, because with the R270 you only can change the parameters in the 160WQ, but there is also the VIN in the 95320 and for that you need an other programmer like X-Prog. To delete the odometer you also have to desolder the 160WQ.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to gt678 for this post
15-05-2017, 17:43 PM,
Post: #4
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
(15-05-2017, 15:16 PM)Fx82 Wrote:  I've purchased an used 6WB cluster and I need to change the vin and mileage.
I do have a R270 programmer.
Main question is do I have to desolder the chip and can the chip be reused?

R270 is more than enough for all recent BMW clusters , yes you need to remove the chip offcourse but luckily in 6WB is a piece of cake job compared to analog cluster .
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to emhtuning for this post
15-05-2017, 18:11 PM,
Post: #5
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
No need to make it virgin. Only need to change VIN in both eeprom and clear km.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to lynxbmw for this post
15-05-2017, 20:42 PM,
Post: #6
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
If I'm correct remove the chip and program with R270?

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Fx82 for this post
16-05-2017, 06:51 AM,
Post: #7
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
Hello!

Desolder the 160 Chip, delete the two short vins with your R270, change or erase the odometer and that's all. There's no need to desolder the 95320 chip.

6WB with a HW version 7x or higher have a new checksum protection. You can change or erase the two vins but you will not be able to change or erase the odometer on it. You have to live with the red dot (and in many time with the non existed 5ёяvїcё dates).

I heard the rumors that the enigma system should be able to solve this, but I never seen it in real.

CU Oliver
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users say Thank You to milkyway for this post
16-05-2017, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 16-05-2017, 10:09 AM by jeroenbmw.)
Post: #8
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
(16-05-2017, 06:51 AM)milkyway Wrote:  Hello!

Desolder the 160 Chip, delete the two short vins with your R270, change or erase the odometer and that's all. There's no need to desolder the 95320 chip.

6WB with a HW version 7x or higher have a new checksum protection. You can change or erase the two vins but you will not be able to change or erase the odometer on it. You have to live with the red dot (and in many time with the non existed 5ёяvїcё dates).

I heard the rumors that the enigma system should be able to solve this, but I never seen it in real.

CU Oliver

Yes only with last HW its hard
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2017, 21:24 PM,
Post: #9
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
How to determine HW version?

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2017, 05:20 AM,
Post: #10
RE: 6WB cluster make virgin
6WB HW65 and higher have a new protection.

HW65 have EERPOM: 35160DWQ and no more EEPROM: 160WQ

the new eeprom is married with processor ID.

ENIGMA erase sometimes, only if the software from 6WB very old, than can ENIGMA erase 35160DWQ.
but is the software new, have it no chance.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Emmy for this post


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R 1300 GS — instrument cluster replacement: coding and odometer sync HeLLs 6 364 08-10-2026, 08:04 AM
Last Post: HeLLs
0Dash G30 cluster analog gauge mapping – how to change temperature range (e.g. 95°C–110°C)? XuLeTZ 1 172 14-09-2026, 13:42 PM
Last Post: uh60
  BMW SME BK2 CLEAR CRASH OR VIRGIN rzouga97 2 475 29-08-2026, 15:46 PM
Last Post: Ryzen
  G30 530e EME Virgin/ISN Change painsage 0 212 21-08-2026, 23:05 PM
Last Post: painsage
  << Perfekt Toolbox 0.2b >> e6X/e7X/e8X/e9X Cluster Tool acolt 112 48,619 21-08-2026, 16:56 PM
Last Post: inotherwords
  Mini R50 cluster vin change Ryn079 3 234 24-07-2026, 16:00 PM
Last Post: Shtepa
  6wa cluster 160d0 redog4dy 8 362 09-07-2026, 13:04 PM
Last Post: redog4dy
  G11 740dx Alpina Cluster speed reading issue LdkE 3 270 09-07-2026, 10:11 AM
Last Post: LdkE
0Immo Question E46 Sedan Cluster Replacement: Validating Custom ZCS (ZEKO) & ñc5 ёxpёят Napas 6 127 28-05-2026, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Stratofortress
  SOLVED!bmw e82 cluster ,srs ,climate control doesnt work..need to flash jbe skyrimzz 1 129 06-05-2026, 07:45 AM
Last Post: skyrimzz

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content