Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Diagnosing N63 is driving me nuts
27-05-2023, 08:56 AM,
RE: Diagnosing N63 is driving me nuts
Hi,

regarding changed injectors, i wrote:
-Injector Cyl. 8 -so only Cyl. 8 injector is new.

I have put an endoscope in to the intake manifolds and there was no major carbon build up visible.
If the result from this not very pleasurable / polite lesson, is that my engine is dying, that it was worth to not spending more money. wink
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2023, 08:57 AM,
You sure values are microseconds? I don't remember what those are on N63 smoothness, but on other engines they usually are corrections to fuel quantity injected so that smooth running would be achieved. Less compression = needs more fuel to achieve same burn impulse.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
27-05-2023, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 27-05-2023, 09:07 AM by ____ANGEL___.)
Ok only inj #8 now it's clear but it changes nothing.... Cyl8 is one of the "less contributor" in your test in post #1

(27-05-2023, 08:57 AM)Node Wrote:  You sure values are microseconds? I don't remember what those are on N63 smoothness, but on other engines they usually are corrections to fuel quantity injected so that smooth running would be achieved. Less compression = needs more fuel to achieve same burn impulse.

Maybe yes, is the same shitty injection that uses n43 and n53, injectors, pump and coils are the same tears and with the same incomprehensible parameters rolling

[Image: GIF-Bandiera-Italiana.gif]
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ____ANGEL___ for this post
27-05-2023, 09:09 AM,
@Node, yes I am sure, the value is in the live data also showed in µs

Based on the data I can send my N63 engine back to hell where it was made.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

27-05-2023, 19:56 PM,
Not sure if any of this information will help you, but I had a N63 on my previous F01 and here are a few items I found that may be related:
  • Check the injector version (last 2 digits) and make sure the injector is correctly coded to the vehicle with ISTA.  I replaced mine in 2017 and was on version 12.  Older injectors leaked and caused many issues.
  • Check your CCV lines.  In the original N63, these were completely made of plastic and didn't last very long before becoming brittle and leaking.  A good quick check is to unscrew your oil cap and pull it off while the engine is running.  There should be a very light suction.  Excessive suction or any pressure is a bad sign.
  • Inspect the blow off vales.  In my old car, the seal was cracked and the actuator pin almost went into the turbo lines!
  • Check the motor mounts for leaks.  Replacement requires lowering of the subframe.
  • Valve seals were very poor in the original N63.  Likely wouldn't cause shudders, but any tailpipe smoke should be cause for concern.
  • The fuel filter is integrated into the fuel pump.  Depending on your fuel quality, it may require replacement as soon as ~50k-60k miles.
  • Check your driveshaft for worn parts.The guibo (flex disc) is a common failure point.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Exotic_Tastes for this post
28-05-2023, 05:54 AM,
Thank you verry much, beside the blow off valves I have checked / repaired the mentioned topics on my car.  

The funny thing is, yesterday I have made a reset of the engine adaptions, after that the engine was running perfectly for the first 50-60km no problems with low rpm in high gears. 

Of course, I am going to check the compression, but the question is why the engine ECU drives the adaptions bad after some miles.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

28-05-2023, 08:23 AM,
If you are 100% sure all other mentioned things are good:

Is the engine consuming oil? If so check lambda values compared with real emission test if it lines up. Won’t be first time they are going bad due to oil consumption. If you have scope there is also a way to measure “aging” of lambda sensors.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to larshutten for this post
28-05-2023, 08:44 AM,
Hi,

all 4 Lambda probes are new, without result. The engines does not burn oil.
Lambda values are double checked by the last dealer visit. I have asked them to check both banks when I was right beside.

For me the actual question is, why is the engine running like new after the reset of the adaptions and later it evolves in the wrong direction by learning crappy adaptions.
28-05-2023, 08:49 AM,
You should REALLY REALLY start adding some data to your posts. What EXACTLY are for example long term lambda adaptations, etc.

Generally when you have wild variations between cylinders (compression or injector leakage/performance) lambda will try to reduce fuel to the whole bank based on the worst (or increase based on the best) cylinder in that bank. So deleting adaptations does fix your running temporary.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
28-05-2023, 09:17 AM,
Hi Node,

appreciate your help. After some Kilometers, and done adaption I will post the desired data, please let me know what it is needed to get the full picture, for now I will collect:

-long term lambda adaption
-misfire counters
-smoothness data in idle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW G15 remember last driving mode & ECO PRO MSA memory coding duss46 7 588 26-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: duss46
  Solved ✔ Car shut off while driving cas 3 lost communication xMoses 3 221 08-12-2023, 15:20 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW Bmw F10 stopped while driving redog4dy 7 548 05-10-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: redog4dy
  G26 driving assistant plus Jacce75 6 612 04-10-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Strange Problem X1 E84 goes in P when driving budddyyy 22 1,484 16-06-2023, 21:01 PM
Last Post: bmchicago
XZBMW G20 - No navigation or Driving Assistant in HUD MichaelNRW 4 1,122 23-04-2023, 13:00 PM
Last Post: MichaelNRW
  NBT EVO driving mode. Jalami 1 342 14-04-2023, 15:43 PM
Last Post: Mwahab
  N63 Which Software to track down a defective Injector while driving? M-Simon 9 802 28-03-2023, 19:39 PM
Last Post: Beard
  New laptop for coding and diagnosing BMW and more kklobo 26 1,924 04-02-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: donke
XZBMW Help diagnosing intermittent electrical faults Fractals 4 550 19-10-2022, 16:49 PM
Last Post: StarmanBL