Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ Mistake made a month ago, over my head. EWS, X_SLZ, Keyless
19-12-2023, 20:14 PM,
RE: Mistake made a month ago, over my head. EWS, X_SLZ, Keyless
(19-12-2023, 10:50 AM)inspi1981 Wrote:  Get it to dealer, they will fix it under warranty

I can't do that. Kharma is very real and not something I want mess with, especially in regards to a motorcycle. It's my fault, one way or another I'll have to pay. I just don't want them to void my warranty incase some day when it's fixed a piston goes through a head, which we all know would be completely unrelated to anything I did here.
20-12-2023, 05:51 AM,
(19-12-2023, 20:14 PM)Almostsobur Wrote:  
(19-12-2023, 10:50 AM)inspi1981 Wrote:  Get it to dealer, they will fix it under warranty

I can't do that. Kharma is very real and not something I want mess with, especially in regards to a motorcycle. It's my fault, one way or another I'll have to pay. I just don't want them to void my warranty incase some day when it's fixed a piston goes through a head, which we all know would be completely unrelated to anything I did here.

So You have messed and pushed buttons without knowing what will happen. Connecting wires here and there.
Mysterious case. the bike must be quite new because of warranty, meaning expencive, but you for some reason refuse to tow it to the dealer. i really don't believe they can be more messing than You, sorry.
20-12-2023, 06:11 AM,
A friendly advice, instead of staying reluctant to help bring the bike to dealer. They can fix it and you will avoid further headache.

Click Thanks and Reputation[Image: under.gif]if this post helped you.
20-12-2023, 15:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-12-2023, 16:17 PM by Almostsobur.)
In the long run, if I don't find another way to resolve this obviously it will have to go to the dealer. The dealer in this area has decent mechanic's, they know what they are doing turning a wrench, but they also seem very old school and it doesn't seem like they know much of anything about the software side of things. Just saying "I-level" gets you deer in headlights looks.

On a different bike I had to go in for a brake hardware related recall, I asked them to please not flash any ECU's especially the one related to fuel mappings, after all this was a brake hardware recall. They said they "couldn't guarantee that they have to plug it in, and computer does what the computer does". Sure enough, they flashed the whole bike and completely screwed up hours of expensive DYNO tuning and ruined my aftermarket fuel control mapping. This was a brake hardware recall, did I mention? Another time they mounted and balanced a new tire for me and left so much lube on the rim that it ran onto an already slick new tire, I was ice skating on the freeway, could have very easily killed me. Different dealer but still BMW, this time automobile, just down the street from the bike dealer X5 diesel had a HPFP recall (a lot of work) they had it a week, I pick it up and the next day it's throwing codes, I take a look and they put every intake plenum bolt into the bolt holes but never tightened them, I'm not talking about torquing, I'm talking about they were hand started and never touched again, about 3/20 threads of each bolt holding the turbo diesel intake in place.

Not to mention this bike in question has an aftermarket fuel controller and O2 sensors in place, aftermarket intake, lots of aftermarket electronics, and multiple days' worth of work to put the bike back to stock. So, between my past experience with BMW dealers, the work involved to make BMW approve of the hardware on the bike I own, not to mention thank God it's wintertime right now; I'm going to try to resolve this outside of BMW, if at all possible; before kicking myself in the balls again dealing with them.

Finally, someone mentioned just "hooking up wires" That is not the case, I read the wiring diagrams, I've always done all my own work on all of my vehicles. This may be the first time in my life I have broken a vehicle I can not fix. My old man was a mechanic for a living, and I grew up in it. I've rebuilt motors and wired up ECU's with far more complex wiring than a modern motorcycle, most of it is CANBUS, 2 wires, really simplifies things. Infact my current wiring was the only option to get any power to the bike, I managed to Hotwire a keyless ride motorcycle that will now run K30 and K15 throughout the whole bike with 2 toggle switches, making the modules available to hopefully fix. I made a software mistake, that admittedly, is now over my head. However, none of the rest of what I have done is even what I would consider a challenge.

That all being said, I did get a PM and nice fella took a look at things for me. He was able to use some tools that I am unfamiliar with Toolset32 and something else, no luck though. He and I were unable to get the EWS to respond at all to anything. This has been the case since this happened while the EWS is on the bike. Yet, with the DME and EWS wired up manually on the bench, I can see the EWS and it does respond, at least to port 6801.

If anyone knows what the difference would be adding the other ECU's to the equation, or what the cause/difference could be between just the 2 ECU's on a bench and all 7 on the bike, that would be very useful information and I would appreciate any insight on this. If I can get the EWS to just wake up or respond while on the bike, I believe this is completely fixable.

One other piece of info that would be helpful, the "WakeLine" Green/white from DME to 6 pin Keyless plug, does anyone know how this works, is it momentary on ignition push? Does it stay hot? It seems to have some unusual behavior, such as keeping the bike k15 on, even with the actual K15 lead unhooked, I.E. the wake line while hot will keep the ignition on without the ignition signal even hooked up, as long as the ignition turned on with K15 hooked up. Any input on how that wakeline is supposed to work is appreciated. On the bench I keep it hot, on the bike if I do that it doesn't seem to make a difference one way or another.

Thank You
21-12-2023, 05:44 AM,
Post VIN .
21-12-2023, 06:42 AM,
Maybe I've missed it, but why don't you code the EWS on the bench?
21-12-2023, 23:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-12-2023, 23:29 PM by Almostsobur.)
(21-12-2023, 05:44 AM)inspi1981 Wrote:  Post VIN                  .

I sent a PM, I'd prefer to not post it publicly.

(21-12-2023, 06:42 AM)user0086 Wrote:  Maybe I've missed it, but why don't you code the EWS on the bench?

That's kind of where i'm at, but not sure how. ISTA will not do it because of all the missing ECU's and active codes. I'm connected to the EWS as I type right now with Toolset 32. Trying to educate myself before clicking, but "info" works.     
22-12-2023, 05:39 AM,
That's just info of selected file. What happened when You use ident
22-12-2023, 07:22 AM,
Can you connect with E-sys on the bench and have you tried coding it with E-sys? (Detect CAFD for SWE, then code)
22-12-2023, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-12-2023, 07:35 AM by Almostsobur.)
(22-12-2023, 05:39 AM)inspi1981 Wrote:  That's just info of selected file. What happened when You use ident

EDIABAS Error 19 : IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLUNIT sad

What's the best connection method to use? That's with ICOM using Easy Connect. I've got Ethernet and D/K Can serial.

(22-12-2023, 05:39 AM)inspi1981 Wrote:  That's just info of selected file. What happened when You use ident

No, it act's like it, reads ECu and doesn't error out, but errors out during tal execution anything past hardware.

I was going to post the Tal errors, but I'm updating my ISTA DB with ISTALauncher and it appears it wipes the E-sys folders. So, I'll have to wait until it finishes and create new errors! I did get the button on the keyless to do K15 with my hotwire on the bike, yesterday. I thought I had fixed it, but it wouldn't turn it off, or communicate, so I think just the button was triggering the WL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solved ✔ F56, disable Keyless Entry by coding Edward1968 5 732 07-02-2024, 19:48 PM
Last Post: Edward1968
XZBMW Simulate inputs on the head unit MGU anton.maier 5 411 27-01-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: anton.maier
XZBMW [Solved] Is possible retrofit KEyless entry in Bmw F25/F26 CAS4 ruben_17non 8 942 01-12-2023, 22:20 PM
Last Post: ruben_17non
XZBMW G30 Keyless entry retrofit. BDC compatibility? abrek 9 665 16-11-2023, 20:32 PM
Last Post: wagusty
  Question about cas and keyless go key position budddyyy 6 362 05-11-2023, 19:02 PM
Last Post: budddyyy
  Solved ✔ G05 keyless retrofit mr_nitroz 19 1,118 03-11-2023, 09:04 AM
Last Post: mr_nitroz
  320d F31 2013 add keyless remote Pentheus 3 276 04-07-2023, 05:13 AM
Last Post: jaramillo
XZBMW Solved ✔ mistake Vdpm104 ISTA adamwajda 4 472 20-03-2023, 19:28 PM
Last Post: adamwajda
  How to Virginize BMW CHAMP2 Head Unit Dee67 15 1,993 07-03-2023, 18:24 PM
Last Post: Dee67
  ISTA with AutoHex II head? RaoulK1998 0 239 14-02-2023, 13:01 PM
Last Post: RaoulK1998