Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

24-11-2022, 02:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 24-11-2022, 03:44 AM by Boeufy.)
Post: #1
E93 DAB
Hi guys

Hoping you guys could help me out with this one. I'm trying to add OEM DAB to my E93 factory fitted with CIC/Combox, I have bought a CIC Unit with DAB from eBay and fitted and coded it to the car.

I have looked all over the Internet trying to find out how BMW themselves would install DAB if I paid them as I wanna retrofit this myself but not sure if рдят5 are needed to make this a 100% OEM job.

Anybody with some information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Would I need to buy 2 and 6 from the picture?
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2022, 06:36 AM,
Post: #2
RE: E93 DAB
Hello.
You will definitely need number 2 and number 6.
Number 2 is the DAB antenna itself and number 6 is the wiring with the amplifier for this DAB antenna.
this connection is from 2009/9+


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                       
   


Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Beard for this post
24-11-2022, 06:41 AM,
Post: #3
RE: E93 DAB
(24-11-2022, 06:36 AM)Beard Wrote:  Hello.
You will definitely need number 2 and number 6.
Number 2 is the DAB antenna itself and number 6 is the wiring with the amplifier for this DAB antenna.
this connection is from 2009/9+

Thank you for the reply, I will order these 2 рдят5 now

Do I need anything else?
Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2022, 07:13 AM,
Post: #4
RE: E93 DAB
Nothing else is needed. Two antennas and that's it.
Sorry I didn't understand right away.

Antenna in the bumper is also needed.

You will also need two connecting antenna cables from the connector X34125 - X16767, and X34124 - X16766

And write the $654 option.

This is the antenna рдят number 65 20 9 156 653


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       


Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Beard for this post
25-11-2022, 07:36 AM,
Post: #5
RE: E93 DAB
(24-11-2022, 07:13 AM)Beard Wrote:  Nothing else is needed. Two antennas and that's it.
Sorry I didn't understand right away.

Antenna in the bumper is also needed.

You will also need two connecting antenna cables from the connector X34125 - X16767, and X34124 - X16766

And write the $654 option.

This is the antenna рдят number 65 20 9 156 653

Thank you for the information, you have been very helpful to me, I just need to ask one small favour please, do you know what two leads I would need to order, I have already ordered the 2 other рдят5
Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2023, 22:33 PM,
Post: #6
RE: E93 DAB
I'm back and need more help on this please

I install the antenna in the rear bumper today, also install the other antenna just above the front windscreen. Now I don't know where to wire the rear antenna to? Do I run it straight to the CIC itself or is there a Antenna Amplifier Diversity with DAB to connect to? I'm really confused
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2023, 07:04 AM,
Post: #7
RE: E93 DAB
I can look that up for you.
Do you have a picture of the antenna in the rear bumper? I also need a dab+ antenna in the rear bumper for my car.
Depending where you from you just need to install one antenna.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2023, 09:45 AM,
Post: #8
RE: E93 DAB
The antenna of the rear bumper goes to the antenna amplifier which is one package. From there it goes to the cic unit.

Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2023, 10:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-05-2023, 10:20 AM by Boeufy.)
Post: #9
RE: E93 DAB
Where is the antenna Amplifier located? Cause there is a AG behind the left brake light but there is no ports free to plug any wires in

(14-05-2023, 07:04 AM)Fx82 Wrote:  I can look that up for you.
Do you have a picture of the antenna in the rear bumper? I also need a dab+ antenna in the rear bumper for my car.
Depending where you from you just need to install one antenna.

I don't have a photo as I've put the bumper back on now and I'm from the UK, we use band III for DAB
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2023, 11:07 AM,
Post: #10
RE: E93 DAB
I never disassembled an E93, but according to schematics band 3 antenna from the rear goes straight to CIC as shown in pictures shared by Beard. Band 3 (rear) antenna goes to X34125 connector (1st picture in post #4). Which is located on CIC (4th picture in post #2).

You should really get an i5тд (or the old WDS, which is even better for E93) then you would have access to all these diagrams yourself.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein.
Quote this message in a reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content