Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
10-12-2025, 00:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2025, 00:34 AM by vagrom.)
Post: #1
fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
I need some help from someone here, as I know many of you have probably had a similar problem or are familiar with it. I have a 2022 BMW X1 F48 1.8i belonging to a friend. The problem is that the battery died, and they used a jump starter. The problems started afterward when he tried to get in the car and drive home. The gear selector lever has no illumination whatsoever; it does nothing. It only has the ambient lighting, but the green LED for Park (P) is missing. The dїдgиo5тїc tool shows errors 421204 and 421607. They installed a gear selector lever from another car with the same рдят numbers and everything else matching the original. I've checked the fuses and relays, and everything seems fine. I'm out of ideas and would appreciate it if anyone has experienced this problem or knows of any other issues I could try. I've tried adapting the gearbox, but since I can't enter the N1, it won't let me.

Thank you very much.

I should also mention that I've taken aрдят the selector lever looking for a spring that supposedly breaks, but this lever doesn't have that spring; it's all electronic. I'm completely lost now. I'm hoping someone can help me out. Does anyone know about this problem and its solution? We've already installed another lever, and whoever bought it from me can confirm that it works.
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2025, 11:35 AM,
Post: #2
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
What the fault number mean? Any description?
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2025, 12:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2025, 12:35 PM by Node.)
Post: #3
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
These faults have NO relation to selector. One is about auto-P state change when ignition is off, another about adaptations not finished in gearbox. Both could be due to power being removed to EGS in a strange sequence. Or failure of BDC/BCP/whatever is in that car. Maybe you should use a PROPER dїдgиo5тїc tool?

P.S. I'm also thinking that on a car this new gear selector is paired to the car using secure tokens and using one from another car will NOT work. What chassis does this X1 has?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein.
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2025, 22:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2025, 22:56 PM by vagrom.)
Post: #4
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
(10-12-2025, 12:10 PM)Nodo Wrote:  These faults are NOT related to the selector. One is due to the automatic transmission's state change when the ignition is turned off, and the other to incomplete adaptations in the gearbox. Both could be due to the EGS power being cut off in an unusual sequence. Or to a fault in the BDC/BCP or any other component of the car. Perhaps I should use a suitable dїдgиo5тїc tool?

PS: I also believe that in a car, this new gear selector is paired using secure tokens, and using one from another car won't work. What chassis does this X1 have?
Thank you for your comment. I'm using i5тд+ and I don't know how to exit that mode; it's giving me a real headache. . I've read that the selector lever needs to be coded. It was bought with the same рдят number and everything else from a broken X1. So you're saying that even though the lever is from another car, it won't work, but I imagine that coding it won't fїж it.

(10-12-2025, 12:10 PM)Node Wrote:  These faults have NO relation to selector. One is about auto-P state change when ignition is off, another about adaptations not finished in gearbox. Both could be due to power being removed to EGS in a strange sequence. Or failure of BDC/BCP/whatever is in that car. Maybe you should use a PROPER dїдgиo5тїc tool?

P.S. I'm also thinking that on a car this new gear selector is paired to the car using secure tokens and using one from another car will NOT work. What chassis does this X1 has?
The thing is, my friend's car went to the body shop, and it stalled, leaving the lights on, and the battery died. They jump-started it, and he says it did something strange: it didn't start on the first try, but it started on the second. Since then, the gear selector hasn't worked at all; the light comes on, but the green LED doesn't. To do an adaptation, I need to put the gearbox in neutral; otherwise, it won't work with i5тд.
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2025, 22:48 PM,
Post: #5
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
Vin is from F80....I can help you remote for free, send pm

Remote BMW support all series
Coding + Flashing
Ecu Validation
Coding 2.0
KDS/SecOC/Diag/LCS
Immo Solutions
f5с/SFA Repair pack

Contact if need help
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2025, 22:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2025, 22:54 PM by vagrom.)
Post: #6
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
(10-12-2025, 22:48 PM)jaramillo Wrote:  Vin is from F80....I can help you remote for free, send pm
Damn, I'm messing up the chassis numbers, sorry, that one's from my NBT, damn, I'm so out of it, I'll put the F48 chassis number.

sorry vin WBA31AA0505T97431 f48 x1
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2025, 02:15 AM,
Post: #7
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
Nobody knows what's wrong with my X1. I've checked everything and nothing, the gearbox is still locked... and the gear selector connector is getting full power.
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2025, 10:28 AM,
Post: #8
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
(13-12-2025, 02:15 AM)vagrom Wrote:  Nobody knows what's wrong with my X1. I've checked everything and nothing, the gearbox is still locked... and the gear selector connector is getting full power.

Did you try flashing gearbox?
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2025, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 13-12-2025, 10:49 AM by Node.)
Post: #9
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
If you want any REAL help, at least post full i5тд scan report... Now we have 2 meagre fault codes. And absolutely NO USEFUL info to try to help you.

It's not a rocket science for GWS to work:
1. Power and ground - power supposedly ok per your words. NO INFO about ground.
2. 15WUP signal - NO INFO on whether that was measured AT ALL.
3. PT-CAN - NO INFO on whether that was measured AT ALL. Not EVEN any info whether i5тд can communicate with GWS which if yes would indicate this to be ok.

That's it. 3 simple checks, but we have info about half of first check at best.

P.S. Not even any info WHY car was in a body shop. This could also provide clues on whether ground or 15WUP could have been damaged...

P.P.S. Have you tried to delete transport mode? Just in case, sometimes this solves weird issues.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein.
Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2025, 21:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-12-2025, 21:46 PM by vagrom.)
Post: #10
RE: fault selector lever with no function x1 f48 2022
Okay, so I'll answer your questions one by one.

1. Power and ground: The power supply is supposedly working correctly, according to you. THERE IS NO INFORMATION about the ground.

*Well, this is fine because I have a ground connection to both the gearbox and the gear selector.

2. 15WUP signal: THERE IS NO INFORMATION about whether it was measured.

*If you're referring to KL15, everything has been checked, both relays and fuses, and none are blown.

3. PT-CAN: THERE IS NO INFORMATION about whether it was measured. There isn't even information about whether the i5тд can communicate with the GWS, which, if it can, would indicate that it's working correctly.

*I have communication with both the EGS and GWS; I have communication with those control units.

Today I've been busy, and some people who've been online have told me that it's an ABS sensor that's cutting off communication with the gearbox, and another that the BDC is in PWF mode, which is cutting off the KL30F voltage output from the BDC, and that I have to reset the BDC data using i5тд in 5ёяvїcё plans. But this car has broken LED headlights, and they replaced them with halogen ones. When I go into 5ёяvїcё plans to reset the BDC, it asks for the FLE files and doesn't do anything... I don't know if this would solve anything and reset the BDC and make the selector lever work again.
Quote this message in a reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F10 start/stop function failure Ryn079 2 113 07-10-2026, 20:30 PM
Last Post: bm92
  bmw f10 276f00 Fault elremont 4 133 30-09-2026, 17:33 PM
Last Post: elremont
  BMW F10 ACSM internal fault Pedrom92 3 649 23-09-2026, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Ratnik1990
0Engine Problem Retrofit 5DM PMA in G01 LCI 2022 6ergsm 0 81 23-08-2026, 09:35 AM
Last Post: 6ergsm
  2024 BMW i3 stores fault code 0317F1: High-voltage insulation fault detected when the BMW_Xu 1 139 15-08-2026, 15:35 PM
Last Post: chang2
  2022 M5CS SVT dme_solutions 14 548 11-08-2026, 16:20 PM
Last Post: dme_solutions
  BMW G12 Fault 026180 TCB certificates type 1 not ready ahmadarifai 4 210 10-08-2026, 19:52 PM
Last Post: ahmadarifai
  bmw i3 sme fault spiridon 2 267 10-08-2026, 10:03 AM
Last Post: inspi1981
0Engine BMW E46 M54B30 Double VANOS not working after full rebuild – exhaust cam sensor fault lustek 22 704 09-06-2026, 05:29 AM
Last Post: lustek
0Dash X5 G05 45e Hybrid system fault Rallist 1 312 29-05-2026, 05:26 AM
Last Post: oceandiver86

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content