Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
01-07-2026, 16:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2026, 09:21 AM by marcel.buhna.)
Post: #1
0Immo  [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
I am currently working on a recovery procedure for a bricked CAS3+ module on a BMW E90 320d (N47) that became unresponsive after a failed update attempt.
I have already performed a physical transfer (swap) of the MCU Flash and EEPROM from the original unit to an identical donor unit using VVDI Prog Xhorse 5.3.8. Both read and verify operations passed successfully. Despite the verified data transfer, the key fob is not detected by the unit. No communication possible via OBD (module unresponsive). I suspect a firmware/EEPROM incompatibility between the donor Flash and the original EEPROM data. I am looking for a known-good stock flash.bin file for this CAS variant to perform a full restore. I possess the necessary tools to perform the write process and complete the synchronization with the DDE and ELV once the module is responsive.
Hardware and Software Setup:

dїдgиo5тїc Tools: ALLSCANNER Vжdїдg Multi VCX-Plus ,VVDI Prog Xhorse 5.3.8

Power Supply: Stetsom Infinite Black 70A with AGM 100Ah battery (stable voltage at 13.8V-14.2V).

Environment: WinKFP v5.3.1.0, ёdїдbд5 v7.7.2.500, Tool32, i5тд-D, ñc5 ёxpёят.

Module Identification:

Original Unit: CAS3 BMW E90 | HW C4 | 61.35-9147226-01 | Siemens VDO 5WK49513YBR S/N: 2091870514 | Diag-Index 06A0 | Mask: 0L15Y

Donor Unit: CAS3 BMW E90 | HW C4 | 61.35-9147226-01 | Siemens VDO 5WK49513YBR S/N: 2091755954 | Diag-Index 06A0 | Mask: 0L15Y

I have attached the original CAS .bin files (Flash and EEPROM) for your analysis
Thank you for your technical support.
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2026, 18:44 PM,
Post: #2
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
your eeprom looks ok, use this flash with your original eeprom and see if you get ignition.


Attached Files
CAS3_FLASH _9147226.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 8 times
Size: 166.78 KB

Reputation: +1 - al70 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ahmadarifai for this post
03-07-2026, 06:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2026, 20:57 PM by marcel.buhna.)
Post: #3
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
(02-07-2026, 18:44 PM)ahmadarifai Wrote:  your eeprom looks ok, use this flash with your original eeprom and see if you get ignition.

Here is an update. I wrote the file to two identical modules, both sharing the same рдят numbers and mask. I successfully flashed and verified both. However, the CAS3 is still not waking up, and there is no K-CAN communication. The slot just spits the key right out. The hazard lights work, but there is no clicking sound from the instrument cluster, though the position lights do turn on. I checked all the fuses in the glove box, and they are all good. I also tested pin 21 on the CAS connector with a multimeter, and it reads 12.66V. I tried to connect via OBD, but the module is completely dead. I have attached the INPA and Tool32 screenshots to show the communication errors.
--------------
Since the hardware is confirmed to be working on multiple boards, I suspect the issue might actually be a corruption or an active ELV lock in my original EEPROM.
Could you please review my original eeprom.bin file (which is attached to the first post of this thread), repair any corruption, and reset the ELV counter?


Attached Files
Screenshot 2026-07-03 075407.pdf
File Type: .pdf
Downloaded: 10 times
Size: 330.46 KB

Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2026, 22:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2026, 22:21 PM by ahmadarifai.)
Post: #4
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
I tried your files on bench, turns out you have both a bad eeprom and flash.
you need a modified EEPROM file for your car it should start right up. change vin isn and make 0km then change vo code. you might need to program new key
Reputation: +1 - al70 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ahmadarifai for this post
04-07-2026, 06:18 AM,
Post: #5
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
(03-07-2026, 22:12 PM)ahmadarifai Wrote:  I tried your files on bench, turns out you have both a bad eeprom and flash.
you need a modified EEPROM file for your car it should start right up. change vin isn and make 0km then change vo code. you might need to program new key

It makes perfect sense why the CAS and K-CAN are completely dead in the car.
I have one limitation, however: I only have a VVDI Prog to read and write the MCU, but I do not have any key programmer tool to generate a new transponder.
Is there any chance the key data can be recovered from my corrupted EEPROM and transferred to the modified donor EEPROM so I can still use my original keys? Also, were you able to extract the correct ISN from my dump?
Please let me know.
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2026, 08:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2026, 08:24 AM by ahmadarifai.)
Post: #6
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
I made new file and added the existing 3 keys to the new eeprom the eeprom became corrupted, do you know which key number you have?

your Long isn 095CC88D4D6272EA4D52946305618DEC
short is 0000B459
power class 2
Reputation: +1 - al70 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ahmadarifai for this post
04-07-2026, 08:38 AM,
Post: #7
RE: [Request] CAS3 E90 N47 - Flash.bin recovery for bricked module
Those are exactly the ISN and Power Class values I see on my end.
Regarding the keys, I unfortunately do not have a key reader to check which exact key number I am holding. Since copying all 3 keys corrupted your new file, it makes sense that at least one of the key slots in my original dump got corrupted during the failure.
As a first attempt, I manually reset the ELV counter to FF in my original EEPROM dump. I am going to write this repaired EEPROM along with a healthy donor flash to the CAS and test all my physical keys in the car to see if at least one slot is still healthy and recognized.

I will report back with the results.
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2026, 15:44 PM,
Post: #8
[SOLVED] CAS3+ ejecting key - ELV Lock & Corrupted Flash
(04-07-2026, 08:20 AM)ahmadarifai Wrote:  I made new file and added the existing 3 keys to the new eeprom the eeprom became corrupted, do you know which key number you have?

your Long isn 095CC88D4D6272EA4D52946305618DEC
short is 0000B459
power class 2

Hi, just a quick update: I tested the CAS in the car with my original EEPROM (with ELV manually reset to FF) and a donor flash. All my 3 physical keys work perfectly!

It seems the key slots were actually fine, so maybe your software just had a glitch when trying to copy them to the new file. The real issue was only the ELV fatal lock and the corrupted flash. Thanks anyway for confirming my ISN and Power Class, I really appreciate your help!
Reputation: +1 - al70 [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to marcel.buhna for this post


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BMW F25 CAS4+ 1N35H – Original EEPROM/D-Flash Remote ID repair mouss35500 1 52 7 hours ago
Last Post: anour10
  BMW F25 CAS4+ 1N35H – Original EEPROM/D-Flash Remote ID repair mouss35500 0 30 8 hours ago
Last Post: mouss35500
  Ssangyong KYRON 200 Xdi (2007) immo off request wilf06 1 91 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: testourii
  Trying to write Autotuner file with PCM flash M4TVW 2 94 08-10-2026, 07:59 AM
Last Post: M4TVW
  BMW CAS3+ ISN update ernesto125 6 139 06-10-2026, 08:18 AM
Last Post: lupu_sandu
  Renault Trafic III P Flash to pin codereader 0 48 05-10-2026, 20:55 PM
Last Post: codereader
  CAS3 dump repair ikrom 2 89 02-10-2026, 07:02 AM
Last Post: ikrom
  Land Rover Discovery 2 Flash Immo off SRobotics 0 42 01-10-2026, 13:25 PM
Last Post: SRobotics
  CAS3 elv off Selectronic 4 109 30-09-2026, 20:21 PM
Last Post: anour10
  Help,Gear Wont engage CAS3++ Euro 5ёяvїcё 0 49 24-09-2026, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Euro 5ёяvїcё

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content