Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Some questions about networktool and icomA
08-05-2016, 18:16 PM,
Some questions about networktool and icomA
Hi dudes...

I rumble with my notebook over days...

I have a icomA clone and a icomA original.

With both in rheingold ista D or Inpa etc.. all works.

But in ISTA P i cant see the icom.

I understand :

Rename physical ethernetcard to eth0
Then.. if i want.. start networktool and rename the adapter to usb... then i can work with the usb cable...

I never start networktool! Because i use my icom not usb.

What about the patched ediabas 7.3?! I have 7.3 from standarttools.. its include the remote.ini
But the patched doesnt have the remote.ini in it.

In itoolradar i can see the icom und with easyconnect i can work with him.

I have loader 4.4 4.6 and 4.8 but ican t connect ista p to my icoms.

What about the macadresses? Will the loader automaticly change the software that my icoms must work?!

Sorry for bad english sad i am a old german guy wink

Thanks

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2016, 19:13 PM,
RE: Some questions about networktool and icomA
(08-05-2016, 18:16 PM)Hitchhiker Wrote:  I have a icomA clone and a icomA original.
With both in rheingold ista D or Inpa etc.. all works.
But in ISTA P i cant see the icom. What about the macadresses?

Did you check the nics IP after the loader was started and how is your nic config done?
DHCP in network, obtain an IP address automatically, or static IP. If you are using ICOM you dont need USB, this is only for the DCAN head interesting. You can check the actuall nics addresses by cmd console type in: ipconfig /all and enter. You will see all nics with there corresponding IP and MAC adresses.

How to understand MAC addresses read here:

Actually MAC address are fixed hence they are not as scalable compared to IP address. IP address have several other features like subnetting and supernetting which gives a logical understanding of the presence of a machine in a network. These facilities are not with the MAC address.

Also MAC address are not routable. The Internet Protocols will not treat them as an address of a source or destination. Hence IP address in many ways simplifies our task.

The malleable IP address gives your network some flexible manageability. The never-changing MAC provides a specific, reliable address for a physical device.

Or you could say, we have the long and the short of it. IP addresses route a packet across the whole global Internet, while MAC addresses help the packet make the small, local hop between hardware devices. Sophisticated networking is possible because each of your networked devices has both a MAC and an IP address.

If ou are working in different networks the best tool is NetSetMan in the licensed version. Here you can set your nics to predefined adresses, very helpful, even if you want work in different subnet masks with IPs. It is working for ENET too.

Anyway if the software and the head should speak together the subnet mask and the IP range must be configured in the right range.

Regards
B1257
08-05-2016, 19:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-05-2016, 20:14 PM by Hitchhiker.)
Mmmmmmh my networkcard dont change the ip adress...

When i connect the icom via cable to networkcard the dhcp option gives after 1/2 minutes a ip adress.

After this i start itoolradar and easy connect.

Then i put the type to remote copy the ip adress from itoolradar to easy connect..then i use obd ab625 and lock the icom and then i clicked on check...

No icom seen on ista p.....

Any idea?

Ok but what is when the software wait for a mac adress.. and my icom have not this macadress????

08-05-2016, 22:56 PM,
(08-05-2016, 19:24 PM)Hitchhiker Wrote:  When i connect the icom via cable to networkcard the dhcp option gives after 1/2 minutes a ip adress. No icom seen on ista p.....
Any idea?

Ok but what is when the software wait for a mac adress.. and my icom have not this macadress????

(I remember the old ISIS sytem had a MAC address recognition.
All ICOMs had to be registered in the server before you can work with them.) I never heard that it is in ISPI NEXT the same.

Which one has DHCP function, the ICOM or your nic? and did you check it with ipconfig /all ?

For example set the Icom to static IP 169.254.92.38 subnet for example 255.255.0.0, set the nic to 169.254.92.37 subnet same as the ICOM. They should talk together immediately.

You can check it with the cmd console again type in ping 169.254.92.38 and you will receive a ping answer with statistic information, without lost packages. (Firewall dis, antivirus dis)

May be (at least) your loader version is too old for the ISTA/P version you are using at the moment. I would not be wondered, tons of updates in a couple of month. But there is a newer one available V5.1 (and of course you can help the author of the program)

I am using ICOM A2 with real license, the nic is configured as static IP via NetSetMan 169.254.92.5 connection is established in some seconds. (Latest Firmware on ICOM) Only ISTA+ via WIFI takes a little bit more time.

Regards,
B1257
09-05-2016, 20:10 PM,
Ok i found my failure!

Windows10 has a file and folder right problem.... i get all rights for ediabas folder know all works!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW Questions For ISTA grizzle 9 590 11-04-2024, 21:03 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW swap n52b25 to b30 coding questions lacost 2 216 23-01-2024, 17:44 PM
Last Post: lacost
  MGU Headunit swap questions roxxor 14 3,521 27-11-2023, 15:56 PM
Last Post: ciscospirit
  Questions about registry of ISTA charlesjyw 2 370 07-09-2023, 23:59 PM
Last Post: charlesjyw