Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Embedded SIM swap from TCB to ATM
14-03-2024, 13:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-03-2024, 08:16 AM by user_530d.)
RE: Embedded SIM swap from TCB to ATM
Change HEX coded VINLONG in cafd.

under If my post helped you hit the thanks and reputation button. Thank you. yes

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to user_530d for this post
21-04-2024, 17:33 PM,
Just wanted to give an update.
Anyone going from 3G TCB to 4G ATM and have done the eSIM swap. All we needed to do in the case of Timbits93. Just code the ATM to 3G PROD. Since the SIM is provisioned for just 3G , it wouldn't work on the 4G network. At least that's the theory.

Once FDL coding is done on ATM, must force update provisioning_ecall using Tool32 and NBT EVO (Using the GUI) That  should allow you the get the location/other functions. After ATM FDL coding make sure you reboot the EVO and enable location tracking on IDRIVE.

(11-03-2024, 01:52 AM)Timbits93 Wrote:  I've retrofitted an EVO and ATM to a F25, replacing the NBT and ATM. Also did an eSIM swap from TCB 3G to ATM 4G.

However, when I run update online services, immediately it runs into "A fault occurred when writing the parameters to the control unit" and also shows no back end connection.

I had flashed the ATM so the original VIN was written, which also matches the NBT EVO.

ICC ID matches the original eSIM, and sim card status shows as logged in and roaming, as well as mobile network connection was established no problem.

Do I need to contact ConnectedDrive to force update online services from their back end so it can sync back up, or is there something missing on my end that's causing a fault to occur when it's trying to write the parameters to the ATM?
21-04-2024, 18:46 PM,
Hi @Vithy,

Are you able to send commands to your car? 
Horn, Locate vehicle, Lock unlock?

I have done the esim swap, i have online services all works fine, but dont have remote services sad
i'm not able to have the remote commands working or am I able to locate my vehicle

The esim ICCID match but the Modem IMEI does not 

(21-04-2024, 17:33 PM)Vithy Wrote:  Just wanted to give an update.
Anyone going from 3G TCB to 4G ATM and have done the eSIM swap. All we needed to do in the case of Timbits93. Just code the ATM to 3G PROD. Since the SIM is provisioned for just 3G , it wouldn't work on the 4G network. At least that's the theory.

Once FDL coding is done on ATM, must force update provisioning_ecall using Tool32 and NBT EVO (Using the GUI) That  should allow you the get the location/other functions. After ATM FDL coding make sure you reboot the EVO and enable location tracking on IDRIVE.

(11-03-2024, 01:52 AM)Timbits93 Wrote:  I've retrofitted an EVO and ATM to a F25, replacing the NBT and ATM. Also did an eSIM swap from TCB 3G to ATM 4G.

However, when I run update online services, immediately it runs into "A fault occurred when writing the parameters to the control unit" and also shows no back end connection.

I had flashed the ATM so the original VIN was written, which also matches the NBT EVO.

ICC ID matches the original eSIM, and sim card status shows as logged in and roaming, as well as mobile network connection was established no problem.

Do I need to contact ConnectedDrive to force update online services from their back end so it can sync back up, or is there something missing on my end that's causing a fault to occur when it's trying to write the parameters to the ATM?
21-04-2024, 19:09 PM,
(21-04-2024, 18:46 PM)Napas Wrote:  Hi @Vithy,

I have done the esim swap, i have online services all works fine, but dont have remote services sad
i'm not able to have the remote commands working or am I able to locate my vehicle

Have you added the car again to connected drive? And received the code in the car?

I don't know much, but if I've helped you're welcome.
MGU Virgin/Component Protection Removal/Full Retrofit FSC
clapping BMW ISPI Admin Client License (Contact for info)
cheers Complete EntryNav2 FSC solution for Retrofit/Component Protection
enjoyKAFAS2 7E/BE/BF KAFAS4 11F/13E/13F
biggrin Carplay activations/FullScreen/ID4-5
rock EntryNav2 Carplay activations OEM/Provisioning
mail Contact me for more information
[+] 1 user says Thank You to DayvG for this post
21-04-2024, 20:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-04-2024, 20:28 PM by Napas.)
(21-04-2024, 19:09 PM)DayvG Wrote:  

Have you added the car again to connected drive? And received the code in the car?

I am not even able to send a message or a destination to the car
I'm suspicious and very much afraid if i disconnect my account i will lose my connected drive
22-04-2024, 16:43 PM,
@Timbits93 can probably confirm. 

Last time i spoke to him, it all works, he's able to send directions, activate the location and lock/unlock etc. 

Yesterday, 23:18 PM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 23:39 PM by Napas.)
(22-04-2024, 16:43 PM)Vithy Wrote:  @Timbits93 can probably confirm. 
Last time i spoke to him, it all works, he's able to send directions, activate the location and lock/unlock etc. 

Hi @Vithy
So the correct procedure is to

1 - FDL coding the ATM to 3G PROD
2 - Force update provisioning_ecall using Tool32 and NBT EVO (Using the GUI)

Currently i have connected services, I'm able to update the services, I dont have is remote services.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW 6wb cluster swap and coding xMoses 4 243 22-04-2024, 19:07 PM
Last Post: NikolaIMRS
  Engine swap E60 535d --> E61 530d coding advice requested Stratofortress 9 407 23-03-2024, 14:59 PM
Last Post: Simoniak
  BMW E87 swap M5 V10 coding cluster Pedrom92 0 131 20-03-2024, 22:50 PM
Last Post: Pedrom92
XZBMW X1 F48 MD1CS0001 Auric DME Swap bmw335coding 6 651 15-03-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Tonysong
  E60 272KM 535 motor swap qbek90 0 87 10-03-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: qbek90
  BMW G02 NBT need FSC instrument cluster swap Mr.Tester 1 155 07-03-2024, 21:10 PM
Last Post: painsage
  NBT SSD Swap superwofy 3 480 19-02-2024, 13:27 PM
Last Post: superwofy
XZBMW swap n52b25 to b30 coding questions lacost 2 205 23-01-2024, 17:44 PM
Last Post: lacost
XSMini Mini R56 engine and ECU swap daMassa 8 424 10-01-2024, 13:21 PM
Last Post: Mwahab
  Solved ✔ MSD80.2 to MSD81.2 swap lustek 6 353 04-01-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: lustek