Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

VIN decoder Data Bases retrieving
20-02-2019, 10:09 AM,
XZBMW  VIN decoder Data Bases retrieving
Hi to all,
Is there a way to retrieve from ETK or other BMW tool, data Bases containing VO List of cars by VIN ?
The response must be yes as several websites offer this VIN resolution (mdecoder, decoder.bvzine, bimmer.work, etc.); But I don't know where they retrieve these data bases to export them to Access / MySQLAdmin or others.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2019, 10:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 20-02-2019, 11:04 AM by Node.)
RE: VIN decoder Data Bases retrieving
I believe they get that from BMW servers. To do that they must have a contract with BMW. When I was getting signed up for AOS I had to specify what kind of business I am and I believe one of choices sounded similar to VIN decoding. But exporting them for all the cars ever produced... that sounds really bad. I'm not a lawyer but at least in Europe it could mean GDPR violation. My guess would be that those sites are allowed to do queries as long as they do not store the data retrieved or something.

Update: In AOS I can get options lists for any short VIN but I have to explicitly agree with the disclaimer that I am legally allowed to query the exact VIN. If I don't and someone complains my AOS contract might be terminated.
20-02-2019, 11:29 AM,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, for sure we have these information in BMW AOS portal. We can retrieve them car by car as we want (like in other websites I put in my first message).
Now my question is to know if there is a way to retrieve these information (available in ISTA-D data bases for exple) and use them locally in my laptop, without the need to open ISTA, or logon in AOS or other website.
20-02-2019, 11:50 AM,
I don't think that data is available offline. Then there would be no point in storing it on the car. And that would be bad for us smile
20-02-2019, 11:51 AM,
(20-02-2019, 11:29 AM)smilo Wrote:  Thanks for your reply.
Yes, for sure we have these information in BMW AOS portal. We can retrieve them car by car as we want (like in other websites I put in my first message).
Now my question is to know if there is a way to retrieve these information (available in ISTA-D data bases for exple) and use them locally in my laptop, without the need to open ISTA, or logon in AOS or other website.

Sure you can, but all custom made interface to access the data.

All those websites use PHP scripts etc to produce user interface and backend queries to the databases.

Those scripts are commercial and you are not getting them for free. Even if you were to get them one way or another, you would need to build your own web server in house or on the web, which kinda defeats the logic of your query since you will need a "program" to query the databases and present the data to you in a humanly comprehensible shape of form

So yes the data is here, but you always need a program to show you the data.

There is no other solution, that is the way data is accessed and presented.

So stick to the usual apps, unless you want to reinvent the wheel.
20-02-2019, 18:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 20-02-2019, 18:41 PM by smilo.)
Thanks guys for your replies.

"So yes the data is here, but you always need a program to show you the data." this is my whole project - the program would be mine
I have a local program that need these informations (model, Factory VO, Prod. date) about the car from the input VIN, then with an intern algorithm makes a calculation and give a result.

I can't give to the program an input as website address because always there is a captcha to enter manually. I tried with AOS, but it needs an authentication (takes time to code with Javascript/PHP).

So what I'm looking for, like ISTA contains these all information (and maybe also ETK in its roms - but not sure), I would develop a gateway between my own program and one of BMW tool, or export databases to an Access local databases (for exple), then my program can retrieve needed information for each VIN.

I don't try to reinvent the wheel, just find a technical solution smile
20-02-2019, 18:51 PM,
As I said I don't believe data in any of those tools contain VOs. If it would then it would be possible to see it in the tool and I don't know of any such possibility. And bmwcoder75 by saying "data is here" still talks about websites. Maybe he could clarify where that "here" is...
20-02-2019, 19:29 PM,
As far as I know data is contained in ETK database.
I tried to access it before but there was some sort of encryption/authentication.
20-02-2019, 19:35 PM,
I wonder then why ETK does not automatically use that data without connecting to web servers?

Which data tables you have in mind?
20-02-2019, 20:03 PM,
(20-02-2019, 19:35 PM)Node Wrote:  I wonder then why ETK does not automatically use that data without connecting to web servers?

Which data tables you have in mind?

Yes, ETK doesn't use VO to filter (unlike AOS) - do you have a way to connect it to web servers to do that ?

I was thinking ISTA contains cars VO lists. But finally this list appears only once the car is connected. With VIN, we have all information about the car model and prod.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW 1F2108 DME incorrect data record ,variant monitoring prikitiew 2 206 16-03-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: prikitiew
  ISTA-D 4.46.14 ALL DATA --MEGA et780819 3 1,126 08-03-2024, 00:47 AM
Last Post: rocdeng
  'Data on USB device unusable' id4 to id6 conversion claw 7 335 04-03-2024, 15:40 PM
Last Post: dasi
  immo universal decoder 3.2 xMoses 2 336 19-02-2024, 21:59 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW NBT EVO from MINI, HW 5.1, Data 20/21 with GPS ppbarsrd 6 506 16-02-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Siki78
  F20 FEM problem data lost alexturbo 8 372 04-02-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: alexturbo
  Working VIN decoder maninblack 5 672 26-01-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: zoli888777
  ENTRYNAV2-Service history Data Dee67 12 1,075 15-01-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Dee67
  AOS ISTA reinstall not working: no programming data tintoverano 2 353 07-01-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: DarkSide
XSMini Mini Key decoder Hoborg 2 318 16-11-2023, 06:32 AM
Last Post: user0086