Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

OP-COM V5 Bricked
10-06-2019, 15:58 PM,
KVauxhall  OP-COM V5 Bricked
Hi, does anyone know how to unbrick a V1.59 (V5 PCB) ?

It's got a real PIC and accepts flashing but sill does not connect when in the car.

I have other OP-COMS working fine so I can test any ideas.

wbr

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2019, 16:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 16:39 PM by dil6222.)
RE: OP-COM V5 Bricked
(10-06-2019, 15:58 PM)Shooting Wrote:  Hi, does anyone know how to unbrick a V1.59 (V5 PCB) ?

It's got a real PIC and accepts flashing but sill does not connect when in the car.

wbr

I would check ftdi read and check eeprom with ocflashpro/ opcomFUT it's probably ftdi because your pic is accepting flash.

How did you brick run opcom professional software ?

Also find v6 brick fix thread and fantomel thread you will find all the software and files you need smile

Heres one of the threads that will help you : https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=5443

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes
10-06-2019, 16:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 16:53 PM by Shooting.)
(10-06-2019, 16:31 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  
(10-06-2019, 15:58 PM)Shooting Wrote:  Hi, does anyone know how to unbrick a V1.59 (V5 PCB) ?

wbr

I would check ftdi read and check eeprom with ocflashpro/ opcomFUT it's probably ftdi because your pic is accepting flash.

Also find v6 brick fix thread and fantomel thread you will find all the software and files you need smile

Heres one of the threads that will help you : https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=5443

It's a V5 not a V6, after a flash it failed, flashed in the past ok, not sure why this was different.
V6 fix does not apply here as the PCB is different, and FVDI is ok.
I have other OP-COMS so this is low priority but would like to fix it

wbr
10-06-2019, 17:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 19:31 PM by mattydr67.)
Do an Interface TEST in OP-COM -> Settings
Do a firmware check using OCflash only if your previos test in OPCOM it doesn't show your firmware
Check drivers versions and if there is Load VCP tick it in the opcom drivers Properties-> Advanced tab
No need car connection.
Are you using windows 10?
Good luck

P.S.- This is the schematic that you requested. - take care this has a lot of bugs. It is what you can find on web. It is not made by me.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
10-06-2019, 18:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 18:49 PM by Shooting.)
(10-06-2019, 17:22 PM)mattydr67 Wrote:  Do an Interface TEST in OP-COM -> Settings
Do a firmware check using OCflash only if your previos test in OPCOM it doesn't show your firmware
Check drivers versions and if there is Load VCP tick it in the opcom drivers Properties-> Advanced tab
No need car connection.
Are you using windows 10?
Good luck

P.S.- This is the schematic that you requested. - take care this has a lot of bugs. It is what you can find on web. It is not made by me.

Interface test tests ok, firmware check shows 1.59 but now I can't flash up or down, it's stuck on 1.59
I have another OP-COM identical to this one and it's ok, 100% not a driver problem or FTDI chip problem.
and Yes OP-COM works fine in Windows10, never was an issue.
Thanks for the Schem, is this a V5 or V6 schem?
(Loading VCP will make the tool car dependent, tests will fail without the car)

wbr
10-06-2019, 19:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 19:28 PM by mattydr67.)
Schematic is for Revision B. And it is pretty much as a opcom v5 if you want but it can be used in opcom v6 as well. It is helpfull but as I saif it has few bugs and difference then in a chinese clone. I mean if you make an opcom using this schematic it will not works at all
But as you say your issue it is the MCU.
Belive me I had one of this tool as your in my hand from a cartechnology member from Germany. I fixed by changing the MCU with a real original programmed one.
I was very surprised that chinese soldered "fake" MCU in this opcom v5 hardwares. 
Good luck
[+] 1 user says Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
10-06-2019, 19:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 19:45 PM by Shooting.)
(10-06-2019, 19:25 PM)mattydr67 Wrote:  Schematic is for Revision B. And it is pretty much as a opcom v5 if you want but it can be used in opcom v6 as well. It is helpfull but as I saif it has few bugs and difference then in a chinese clone. I mean if you make an opcom using this schematic it will not works at all
But as you say your issue it is the MCU.
Belive me I had one of this tool as your in my hand from a cartechnology member from Germany. I fixed by changing the MCU with a real original programmed one.
I was very surprised that chinese soldered "fake" MCU in this opcom v5 hardwares. 
Good luck

Maybe you are correct being fake MCU, but I flashed it before without problem.
Do you have REV V1.99 flash? maybe my file 1.59 was corrupted and bricked the MCU?
Was sold as having a real PIC but Chinese don't always tell the truth
Do you have a link to the PIC you used?

wbr
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Shooting for this post
10-06-2019, 19:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 19:57 PM by mattydr67.)
Mate if you can see the firmware and your test it is OK in opcom then there is no corrupt firmware.
But if you can see the firmware and test OK then your MCU is blocked. This is the protection of this MCU used by Chinese in this time.
Don't waist your time. Change the MCU with and original programmed one and you will see that will works from the begining.
You can use any real firmware. Fw1.99 it is a fake one. Use fw1.39.
One more think. If you can test the interface and you can see the firmware version and test it is OK then you cannot have a corrupted firmware. You just have a blocked Chinese MCU.
Good luck
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
10-06-2019, 22:08 PM,
(10-06-2019, 16:52 PM)Shooting Wrote:  
(10-06-2019, 16:31 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  

wbr

It's a V5 not a V6, after a flash it failed, flashed in the past ok, not sure why this was different.
V6 fix does not apply here as the PCB is different, and FVDI is ok.
I have other OP-COMS so this is low priority but would like to fix it

wbr

Yeah I know but the thread is helpful for solving problems and some of the software used is posted along the way smile

under If mine or others posts and info are helpful please give thanks/rep smile yes