Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

F01 used LED headlight coding
11-07-2019, 18:11 PM,
RE: F01 used LED headlight coding
(11-07-2019, 17:20 PM)ntuner Wrote:  
(11-07-2019, 17:11 PM)RocketSurgeon Wrote:  I was just doing this last week. The brown wires are ground, so check for power with a DMM. Both the large and small red wires should have 12v power. There are at least 2 fuses that control this. If wiring checks out, try a different module. Injecting CAFD with E-sys was the easiest way to get things running

Thanks I’ll take a look. Do the red wires always have 12v or only with ignition on or headlight on ?

I guess they always have power since I had a problem with my wiring and when I connected the battery fuses would instantly blow.
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2019, 13:32 PM,
So I found fuse 127 in the trunk burned. It’s a 10A fuse and keeps burning instantly when I replace it.
If I disconnect the new (used) headlight it doesn’t burn the fuse anymore.
I put the TMS module from the other good headlight in this used one and doesn’t seem to burn the fuse anymore.. could incorrect coding in TMS cause this ?
Then I put the TMS back in the good headlight and now the headlight that was working no longer works. Now both TMS left and right no longer communicate with ista or even esys.
Just to clarify, passenger headlight was good and working. I just replaced driver complete headlight with a used one.
12-07-2019, 13:53 PM,
You should have checked the wiring from the first time before replacing modules.
12-07-2019, 14:28 PM,
(12-07-2019, 13:32 PM)ntuner Wrote:  So I found fuse 127 in the trunk burned. It’s a 10A fuse and keeps burning instantly when I replace it.
I put the TMS module from the other good headlight in this used one and doesn’t seem to burn the fuse anymore.. could incorrect coding in TMS cause this ?
Then I put the TMS back in the good headlight and now the headlight that was working no longer works. Now both TMS left and right no longer communicate with ista or even esys.
Just to clarify, passenger headlight was good and working. I just replaced driver complete headlight with a used one.

Maybe you have a problem with the internal headlight wiring...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to TBGaming for this post
13-07-2019, 16:39 PM,
(12-07-2019, 14:28 PM)TBGaming Wrote:  
(12-07-2019, 13:32 PM)ntuner Wrote:  So I found fuse 127 in the trunk burned. It’s a 10A fuse and keeps burning instantly when I replace it.

Maybe you have a problem with the internal headlight wiring...
How can i find if the wiring is bad inside the headlight since I can’t take it apart ? Looks new inside..
I believe it’s the tms module that’s blowing the fuse. If connect the headlight without tms module it doesn’t burn the fuse. When I put the used tms in the good headlight (right side) it blew the fuse 108 for the right headlight. Tms module looks good why is blowing the fuse ?
13-07-2019, 18:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-07-2019, 18:19 PM by ntuner.)
More updates. From the working headlight I took the tms and put it in the used headlight.
I can connect, code it with esys and everything appears to work except DRL and headlight won’t come on from the switch or when I turn on the ignition. From ista i can turn on all lights without issues.
When I turn on the ignition, the drl comes on for a brief moment and turns off.
This used headlight is from 2013 model my car is 03/2015. Could it be possible this used headlight is not compatible with my car ? Or is there a relay that controls the driver side DRL ?
The good headlight part# is 7424132-01  date 20-mar-2015 and used one 7361229-01 date 15-aug-12
14-07-2019, 08:18 AM,
Used tms modules need to be coded to car and then you need to initialize them in ista. After that DRL starts to work.

Fuse 127 is only for lamp...right or left I dont remember. You have problem with wiring to lamp ( from that fuse to lamp) or internal lamp wiring problem. To test, try connect right lamp to left side and check the fuse, then coding etc

If I helped, please magic buttons thx+rep yes yes yes under under under
[+] 1 user says Thank You to lustek for this post
21-07-2019, 18:45 PM,
(14-07-2019, 08:18 AM)lustek Wrote:  Used tms modules need to be coded to car and then you need to initialize them in ista. After that DRL starts to work.

Fuse 127 is only for lamp...right or left I dont remember. You have problem with wiring to lamp ( from that fuse to lamp) or internal lamp wiring problem. To test, try connect right lamp to left side and check the fuse, then coding etc

Yes I’m well aware used modules need coded. Problem is I can’t even connect to TMS either with esys or ista. I did try right headlight on the left side and everything works fine. I’ve spent about 3 days on this turns out the TMS has corrosion from flooding most likely which is why is shorting. 
Then the headlight itself is shorting too because I put the good TMS from passenger headlight and doesn’t burn the fuse 127 anymore but still not working. The lights blink for a split second then turn off from shorting. This is a Ebay headlight so it’s being returned.
21-07-2019, 19:41 PM,
(21-07-2019, 18:45 PM)ntuner Wrote:  
(14-07-2019, 08:18 AM)lustek Wrote:  Used tms modules need to be coded to car and then you need to initialize them in ista. After that DRL starts to work.

Yes I’m well aware used modules need coded. Problem is I can’t even connect to TMS either with esys or ista. I did try right headlight on the left side and everything works fine. I’ve spent about 3 days on this turns out the TMS has corrosion from flooding most likely which is why is shorting. 
Then the headlight itself is shorting too because I put the good TMS from passenger headlight and doesn’t burn the fuse 127 anymore but still not working. The lights blink for a split second then turn off from shorting. This is a Ebay headlight so it’s being returned.

After swaping tms module you initialize led in ista? When lamp is not initialize it only blink leds and turn off...

If I helped, please magic buttons thx+rep yes yes yes under under under
21-07-2019, 19:44 PM,
(21-07-2019, 19:41 PM)lustek Wrote:  
(21-07-2019, 18:45 PM)ntuner Wrote:  

After swaping tms module you initialize led in ista? When lamp is not initialize it only blink leds and turn off...
Yes already did that multiple times. When it blinks I also get the faults on the dash. Even tried injecting the cafd in the good TMS then initialize in ista, still blinks and headlight fault on the dash..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FDL coding BMW Apps Mugga 2 85 2 hours ago
Last Post: Mugga
XZBMW Coding a F80 M3 race car PeterY 10 465 Yesterday, 23:32 PM
Last Post: Furgus
  NBT Evo CAFD missing after coding error Mugga 13 595 24-04-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: Mugga
XZBMW 6wb cluster swap and coding xMoses 4 227 22-04-2024, 19:07 PM
Last Post: NikolaIMRS
XZBMW M performance brake DSC2 SBRE coding Ckh091020 3 216 22-04-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Ckh091020
  pulling both paddles put transmission into neutral coding tintoverano 1 117 22-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: raresh.tazz
XZBMW F20 LCI2 black panel cluster coding sqorpius 9 2,010 21-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Adekborys69
XZBMW G01 2019 X3 - ATM Replacement/Coding Help Needed jchisholm17 10 457 18-04-2024, 21:44 PM
Last Post: jchisholm17
  TMS FRM3 F10 Coding issue mj_mj_mj 17 1,929 16-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: user_530d
  BMW F10 RHD to LHD coding? morto 12 1,489 13-04-2024, 17:32 PM
Last Post: pablito94