Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Changing adjustblock
22-01-2022, 00:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-01-2022, 00:42 AM by alexnaoumov.)
Changing adjustblock
Hey friends,

I have bought used evo that is messed up. It has SDARS in the Adjustblock but physically has DAB and that kind of stuff. Also wrong DVD player in the adjustblock and probably that's why I can't flash 271a on it.

I dont care a lot if I break it at this point, main goal is that I want to try to change adjustblock, learn from it and run the patch for black screen after that.

However I dont succeed doing this at this point because it says invalid ID.. Who can tell me what the right syntax is for the seta command?

Code:
hu-omap:/dev/shmem> sysetshellevo --connect

#HW: nbt
#CONNECTED
#STATE: FullyOperable

syset:>geta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB
 NAME: E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB
 TYPE: UInt8
   ID: 0x80150001
MODIF: OK
 SIZE: 0x01
VALUE: 0x00

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB=0x04
#SET RESULT: Invalid id

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB=04

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB 0x04

syset:>seta 0x80150001=0x04

syset:>
I added the current adjustblock as text dump in attachments. As you can see it's completely wrong because this is European HW 4.1 with DAB, also proddate is in 2018 and not in 2015..

Attached Files
dump_adjustblock.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 146 times
Size: 9.58 KB

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to alexnaoumov for this post
26-01-2022, 16:40 PM,
RE: Changing adjustblock
Z-modem to download, then edit it and upload back. And what about black screen patch?

Urbi et Orbi
[+] 1 user says Thank You to m5proud for this post
15-01-2023, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 15-01-2023, 09:58 AM by RomeyRome.)
(26-01-2022, 16:40 PM)m5proud Wrote:  Z-modem to download, then edit it and upload back. And what about black screen patch?

How do you mean? Only copy I can find of it is in /dev/shmem/sysetpage, and that looks like it's a cached copy.
16-01-2023, 01:01 AM,
(22-01-2022, 00:39 AM)alexnaoumov Wrote:  Hey friends,

I have bought used evo that is messed up. It has SDARS in the Adjustblock but physically has DAB and that kind of stuff. Also wrong DVD player in the adjustblock and probably that's why I can't flash 271a on it.

I dont care a lot if I break it at this point, main goal is that I want to try to change adjustblock, learn from it and run the patch for black screen after that.

However I dont succeed doing this at this point because it says invalid ID.. Who can tell me what the right syntax is for the seta command?

Code:
hu-omap:/dev/shmem> sysetshellevo --connect

#HW: nbt
#CONNECTED
#STATE: FullyOperable

syset:>geta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB
 NAME: E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB
 TYPE: UInt8
   ID: 0x80150001
MODIF: OK
 SIZE: 0x01
VALUE: 0x00

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB=0x04

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB=04

syset:>seta E2P.ProdLogistic.HWCoding.DMB 0x04

syset:>seta 0x80150001=0x04

syset:>
I added the current adjustblock as text dump in attachments. As you can see it's completely wrong because this is European HW 4.1 with DAB, also proddate is in 2018 and not in 2015..
it happened to me before. we solved this problem with scp.

BMW_MB REMOTE CODING. FBS4 RENEW CRD3,MED17,EDC17
MGU KAFAS4 RENEW.
7DCT300 EGS ISN RESET
F Series Remote EGS ISN Reset
G Series Remote 8HP50 ISN Reset 
NBTEVO Regional Change FSC
MERCEDES OFFLINE ALL UNIT CODING.
AMG MENU ACTIVATION.
Mercedes Anti Theft Code.
16-01-2023, 13:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 16-01-2023, 13:30 PM by walkernight88.)
(15-01-2023, 09:57 AM)RomeyRome Wrote:  
(26-01-2022, 16:40 PM)m5proud Wrote:  Z-modem to download, then edit it and upload back. And what about black screen patch?

How do you mean? Only copy I can find of it is in /dev/shmem/sysetpage, and that looks like it's a cached copy.

Well to download and upload the binary from headunit. I prefer to add the scp to headunit. After you can update the adjustblock using the commands on the evo. It's not "a file", it's in 850... What you see in sysetpage it's exactly as you described, a cache file. I don't know if all the utilities on evo are calculating the checksum or not. So might be a good idea to calculate the checksum in advance when you edit the binary.

I like Objective-C

https://bmwevofix.com EVO Ram upgrade, gps, NAND, NOR, etc...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to walkernight88 for this post
17-01-2023, 08:00 AM,
(16-01-2023, 13:29 PM)walkernight88 Wrote:  
(15-01-2023, 09:57 AM)RomeyRome Wrote:  

Well to download and upload the binary from headunit. I prefer to add the scp to headunit. After you can update the adjustblock using the commands on the evo. It's not "a file", it's in 850... What you see in sysetpage it's exactly as you described, a cache file. I don't know if all the utilities on evo are calculating the checksum or not. So might be a good idea to calculate the checksum in advance when you edit the binary.

Thank you for the hints. I have no problem copying files to and from the unit via usb, nfs, cifs, or whatever. 

I figured at this point that adjustblock isn't just a file, so it must device pointer somewhere. like adjinfo tries to read from /dev/fs0 by default, but it's obviously not there. sysetshellevo and sysetadjread both seem to read off the cached sysetpage, becuase they stop showing the right values (everything 0xFF or 0x00) when you delete sysetpage.... so idk
17-01-2023, 09:39 AM,
well, i can't share how it's done, as this forum lately is not about sharing information anymore, but if someone really needs it i can help with changing adj.

MGU Patching/Virginizing.
Feature Installer codes.
Physical NBT EVO Repairs.
CarPlay activations.
Remote BMW Coding.
mail [email protected]

Visit this user's website
17-01-2023, 17:49 PM,
Hi
how u can extract adjustblock ? here u go 
extract sysetV850io and copy sysetV850io to unit

Chmod with 755
then type this command :
./sysetV850io --ipc=/net/hu-jacinto/dev/ipc/ipc10 --dump --adjust

it will create a file sysetV850io_dump_adjust_0_xxxxxx...bin , enjoy

Attached Files
sysetV850io.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 96 times
Size: 82.25 KB

• FSC Patch CIC/NBT/EVO/ENAV2/MGU
  • Remove Component Protection EVO/ENAV2/MGU
  • VIRGIN KAFAS/RAM/ENAV2/EVO/MGU
  • VIRGIN EGS ZF / DCT
  • Secure Coding 2.0 Type Key, FA, SFA

Please Hit Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] and Reputation [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] if I helped you under
Reputation: +6 - TheNine90 [+1] , RomeyRome [+1] , Node [+1] , zero9 [+1] , OneKillaWatt [+1] , BMWzone [+1]
[+] 6 users say Thank You to sameur10 for this post
17-01-2023, 21:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-01-2023, 21:34 PM by RomeyRome.)
(17-01-2023, 17:49 PM)sameur10 Wrote:  Hi
how u can extract adjustblock ? here u go 
extract sysetV850io and copy sysetV850io to unit

Chmod with 755
then type this command :
./sysetV850io --ipc=/net/hu-jacinto/dev/ipc/ipc10 --dump --adjust

it will create a file sysetV850io_dump_adjust_0_xxxxxx...bin , enjoy

Thank you! Very helpful.
I guess the next obvious question is - how do you write it back? --erase and --load error out with cbErrno: 15
17-01-2023, 21:17 PM,
Code:
 Mandatory non-exclusive options:

--ipc      Defines IPC device full path id. Usage example:
              a) --ipc=/dev/ipc/ipc10 for real IPC device id
              b) --ipc=simu:/var/fifo1;/var/fifo2 for IPC simulation mode using FIFO
 Mandatory mutually exclusive options:
  Actions section:
   --append   Defines append action. Must not have option value. Valid only for --flash partition type.
   --erase    Defines erase action. Must not have option value. Valid for any partition type.
   --load     Defines loading from file and writing to partition action. Valid for any partition type.
              Requires --path option value to be passed.
   --dump     Defines reading from partition and dumping to file action. Valid for any partition type.
   --stinfo   Defines storage info getting, printing and dumping to file as binary action.
              No option from partition types section can be used with this option.
  Partition types section:
   --flash    Defines action on FLASH partition.
              Cannot be used with neither --load nor --stinfo option.
              If used without --partindex option partition index set to Zero by default.
   --eeprom   Defines action on EEPROM partition.
              Cannot be used with neither --append nor --stinfo option.
   --adjust   Defines action on ADJUST block.
              Cannot be used with neither --append nor --stinfo option.
 Mandatory action specific options:
   --path        Specifies full path to file handled as source or destination
                 depending on given action. Must have option value.
                 Valid only for --append, --load, --dump, --stinfo.
                 For --append, --load this option is mandatory. For the rest of actions
                 if option not given, unique file path is generated in the following
                 format according to action type:
                 a) "sysetV850io_{0}_{1}_{2}_{3}.bin" - for --dump action
                    where {0} - action type symbolic interpretation,
                          {1} - partition type symbolic interpretation,
                          {2} - partition index symbolic interpretation,
                          {3} - unique time stamp symbolic interpretation;
                 b) "sysetV850io_stinfo_{0}.bin" - for --stinfo action
                    where {0} - unique time stamp symbolic interpretation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW need ista 3.55.11 standalone, for changing AGR rate sathunter 7 410 06-03-2024, 23:58 PM
Last Post: wrp_199
XZBMW NBT EVO ID5/6 Changing Adjust Block ferrytan25 6 1,161 20-02-2024, 18:30 PM
Last Post: Limespirit
  NBT EVO changing stations randomly jaramillo 0 229 13-07-2023, 03:08 AM
Last Post: jaramillo
XZBMW Problem in BMW F36 changing typschlussel in FA number7 5 400 07-07-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Siki78
XZBMW changing cas3+ frequency from 315 to 434 mercuris 24 2,150 04-03-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: ____ANGEL___
XZBMW E65 Changing voice commands language from german to english rana 11 1,261 30-09-2022, 05:41 AM
Last Post: joz
  2004 E60 changing steering to Servotronic from Hydraulic GoNz0- 5 707 05-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Last Post: GoNz0-
XZBMW trying to flash F10 ZGW-01 after changing it but getting strange error iyade46 3 514 20-07-2022, 18:02 PM
Last Post: Node
  mgu changing car colour Trys2penki 5 809 03-02-2022, 13:27 PM
Last Post: Trys2penki
  Changing vin mevd1724 dme, what is the easiest way without flashing.? willisodhiambo 2 511 11-08-2019, 19:32 PM
Last Post: willisodhiambo