Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
29-01-2022, 22:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 30-01-2022, 01:11 AM by egoy936.)
Post: #1
VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
Hello everyone,

I could use some help here. I am trying to setup vpn coding for e series using kdcan cable. I was able to get this working with Enet but not kdcan.
Here are the steps I have done so far but it’s doesn’t work


1. Download teamviewer and teamviewer vpn on clients machine
2. Started vpn and tested ping from my machine to client
3. installed ёdїдbд5. Set ёdїдbд5.ini to std:obd and set tcp remote port to 6801
4. Disabled firewall and Started IFH on clients machine
5. On my pc, set remote under ёdїдbд5.ini, set remotehost to VPN ip from teamviewer, set port to 6801.
6 start Inpa and I get the following error:

Apilnit: Error #159
NET-0009: TIMEOUT
API initialization error
No API calls possible !

No clue what I am doing wrong. Any ideas?

EGS ISN RESET - 6HP E/F series, 8HP E,F,G series, F80/F10 M5 DCT, EGS7 OBD only 



WHATSAPP +13397883121
Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2022, 05:56 AM,
Post: #2
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
Here is what works for me:

Client PC - install bmw standard tools & team viewer

Configure k+dcan and make sure it connects via inpa. Close out of INPA.

On client pc, in team viewer tool bar, go to files & extra and click start VPN.

Highlight and copy "IP of рдятner", minimize screen.

Back to my pc, open ёdїдbд5 konfigurator, change interface to remote and paste client IP to remote host.

Back to client pc, go into C/ёdїдbд5/bin/ifhsvr32 and open it. Also do the same on my pc.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to PDXAutoworks for this post
30-01-2022, 17:37 PM,
Post: #3
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
(29-01-2022, 22:33 PM)egoy936 Wrote:  3. installed ёdїдbд5. Set ёdїдbд5.ini to std:obd and set tcp remote port to 6801
Check you obd.ini for correct com port?

REP + THANKS is very appreciated
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to ZAV for this post
30-01-2022, 22:54 PM,
Post: #4
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
(30-01-2022, 05:56 AM)PDXAutoworks Wrote:  Here is what works for me:

Client PC - install bmw standard tools & team viewer

Configure k+dcan and make sure it connects via inpa. Close out of INPA.

On client pc, in team viewer tool bar, go to files & extra and click start VPN.

Highlight and copy "IP of рдятner", minimize screen.

Back to my pc, open ёdїдbд5 konfigurator, change interface to remote and paste client IP to remote host.

Back to client pc, go into C/ёdїдbд5/bin/ifhsvr32 and open it. Also do the same on my pc.

I can confirm this, always works pretty fine for me
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users say Thank You to Freddy1 for this post
31-01-2022, 09:34 AM,
Post: #5
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
you don't need to open IFHSvr32 on the Master PC, only on the client
Reputation: +1 - Vojno [+1]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users say Thank You to Wibbles for this post
12-02-2022, 00:19 AM,
Post: #6
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
Couldn't get fstool2 to connect over vpn to e-series. i5тд, inpa, ñc5 etc work just fine, so what setting do I need to edit to get fstool2 to connect? Tried with їсош.
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2022, 21:34 PM,
Post: #7
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
(31-01-2022, 09:34 AM)Wibbles Wrote:  you don't need to open IFHSvr32 on the Master PC, only on the client

I try to connect VPN on Exx but don't work 
how i can connect plz?
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2022, 01:47 AM,
Post: #8
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
(07-03-2022, 21:34 PM)muhammed78540 Wrote:  
(31-01-2022, 09:34 AM)Wibbles Wrote:  you don't need to open IFHSvr32 on the Master PC, only on the client

I try to connect VPN on Exx but don't work 
how i can connect plz?

I made a guide on how to do this! I will post later!

EGS ISN RESET - 6HP E/F series, 8HP E,F,G series, F80/F10 M5 DCT, EGS7 OBD only 



WHATSAPP +13397883121
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users say Thank You to egoy936 for this post
09-03-2022, 19:36 PM,
Post: #9
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
will this work for i5тд-р though? I have flashed and using anydesk
Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2022, 22:00 PM,
Post: #10
RE: VPN remote coding with K Dcan cable
Does anyone has a solution if there is an "ping" issue?
I establish the connection between 2 PC/Laptop....if I try to ping...via TEST PING button I get always a "request timed out" failure (at this moment the car is not connected)

Host: win10
Client Win11

I tried to disable ipv6....

Any ideas?

.:: Thanks+Rep doesn´t kill anybody  happy ::.
Quote this message in a reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connect – All-in-One Remote Connection Tool for BMW/MINI Coding connecttools 32 3,575 4 hours ago
Last Post: Meks_Ua
  R 1300 GS — instrument cluster replacement: coding and odometer sync HeLLs 6 379 08-10-2026, 08:04 AM
Last Post: HeLLs
  xlabtunnel v1.1.55 - BMW remote connector - release for tester nhipsongvn 54 3,609 08-10-2026, 03:21 AM
Last Post: nhipsongvn
0Engine Remote Start (1CR) on G30 with BDC2 vinijr7 1 298 07-10-2026, 15:29 PM
Last Post: bm92
  G45 MARS Coding Sauron 8 624 30-09-2026, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Sauron
  change of coding for English seats in EU Car G31 LCI spider231 8 634 24-09-2026, 20:45 PM
Last Post: ivanivanusic
  E60 Combox retrofit coding Loliceman 35 19,053 23-09-2026, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Emelint
0Scope BMW i5тд+ Cable Recommendations Axleuk 4 248 22-09-2026, 17:23 PM
Last Post: 2013m5
  How to Coding Digital Speedometer in G30 sra 2 265 19-09-2026, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sra
  G82 22’ 1CR/Remote start f5с retrofit issue. Rychta 10 686 14-09-2026, 06:07 AM
Last Post: that4chanняскёя

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content