Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

14-05-2023, 11:32 AM,
RE: E93 DAB
This is what I don't understand, plugging the antenna straight into the CIC affect the signal strength?

I do have ISTA but not sure where to find the info I need on it
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2023, 11:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 14-05-2023, 11:49 AM by Node.)
Either amplifiers/diversifiers are part of a rear antenna (those boxes on it) or it's integrated into CIC itself or even both. Not much difference having it somewhere in between vs having it in CIC directly.

Given the antenna thing itself is called "Aerial amplifier Digital Audio Broadcasting" in WDS, most probably it's internal to the antenna thing.

P.S. In ISTA you need to search by text for wiring diagrams (if not displayed by diagnosis procedure). The one you need should be called "Radio reception". Depending on ISTA version you may need to have car identified by connecting to it to find diagrams. But then you must have DAB receiver already added to FA, etc. WDS is MUCH simpler (and faster) for car models it has diagrams for! But it needs XP or earlier (AFAIR). I use it on virtual machine.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
14-05-2023, 11:52 AM,
Thank you the fast response, I will order a 5m fakra cable and get it wired in, the next problem I'm gonna have is finding a way from the boot to the CIC lol

Also I have 3 wires coming from the rear antenna (Yellow, Brown & Green) how do I know which one is for DAB and TV?
14-05-2023, 12:09 PM,
Are they all coming out of the left box? TV should be coming out one on the left, one on the right. Also all same length? What is the color of that connector in CIC?
14-05-2023, 12:13 PM,
DAB band 3 is the yellow connector on the back of CIC

There is 1 wire coming from the passenger side and 2 on the drivers side.
2 wires are the same length and 1 little longer but not by much
14-05-2023, 12:17 PM,
Well, then it's definitely one of those two on a single side. If connector on CIC is yellow there is a good chance it will be yellow here too smile It's german BMW engineering after all smile

Given it's one of those two on driver's side. According to diagrams two should be on the left side (passenger, if you are in UK). There is no info it should be different on RHD cars.
14-05-2023, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-05-2023, 12:52 PM by Boeufy.)
This is the cable I installed, atm I have these 3 wires sticking out in my boot area behind my passenger break light.

I was going to install TV at a later day but I have had a change in heart after it would be a big job unless I had someone to assist me with it lol, if I'm not going to be installing TV I could use all 3 wires and connect them to the DAB to add more signal?? What you think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

14-05-2023, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 14-05-2023, 12:57 PM by Fx82.)
(14-05-2023, 10:15 AM)Boeufy Wrote:  Where is the antenna Amplifier located? Cause there is a AG behind the left brake light but there is no ports free to plug any wires in

(14-05-2023, 07:04 AM)Fx82 Wrote:  I can look that up for you.
Do you have a picture of the antenna in the rear bumper? I also need a dab+ antenna in the rear bumper for my car.
Depending where you from you just need to install one antenna.

I don't have a photo as I've put the bumper back on now and I'm from the UK, we use band III for DAB

Remove rear bumper then on the left just before the corner.

(14-05-2023, 10:15 AM) Boeufy Wrote:  Where is the antenna Amplifier located? Cause there is a AG behind the left brake light but there is no ports free to plug any wires in

Do you have a picture of the antenna in the rear bumper? I also need a dab+ antenna in the rear bumper for my car.

I don't have a photo as I've put the bumper back on now and I'm from the UK, we use band III for DAB

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
14-05-2023, 13:00 PM,
(14-05-2023, 12:52 PM)Fx82 Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 10:15 AM)Boeufy Wrote:  Where is the antenna Amplifier located? Cause there is a AG behind the left brake light but there is no ports free to plug any wires in

You on about the black box that's already attached to the antenna?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

14-05-2023, 15:33 PM,
Yes that is correct

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Fx82 for this post