Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

E64 - E60 cabrio EGS intermittent nightmare! E60 gurus please chime in!
25-11-2022, 13:38 PM,
XZBMW  E64 - E60 cabrio EGS intermittent nightmare! E60 gurus please chime in!
I’ve got an 08 E64 650i convertible with n62tu MOTOR and 6hp EGS. Last 2 technicians were throwing parts at it. I sorted out most of the coding, programming and corroded connections commonly found on the DME, VVT, and IVM. The EGS connector is dry, it doesn’t look like the notorious bridge seal is cracked or the connector sleeve is leaking. All pins are dry. I’ve scoped PT can lines at the IVM and disconnected each module one at a time to see if the PT can signal would change. My issue is at key on, engine off, the transmission is ok. I don’t hear the shift interlock locking/unlocking on its own. The shift indicator is lit up on the dash. After I start the car, it’s ok until 5-7 minutes if it’s super cold start (42 degrees f) if it’s cold start (65 degrees f) then 3-4 minutes and the shift interlock is going bezerk by itself. The P indicator on the dash flashes on and off, basically it disappears. Then the car goes into limp mode, the red transmission icon lights up, no P indicator in the dash. It will do the same thing while driving, just annoying that it puts you in limp mode.

Here’s the kicker, turn ignition off, and turn key on, engine off the P indicator comes back. The interlock is not acting up. Then scan the car, no codes that pertain to pt can. If the vehicle is started, it’ll act up right away. Any thoughts on this ghost issue? I’m going to check the crank sensor next and see if the waveform is ok, that’s the only relevant thing I can think of that can put the car in limp mode.

Thank you for your help guys!

Ronneill M
gavelHead janitor in charge!!!!read

thinking *** I like take things apart and put them back together with improvements so they have a lesser chance of failing, at least that's what I hope for ***secret

driveCarsyde Automotive Solutions - Solutions for all your car needs!enjoy

cashLas Vegas  aka  yikesLost Wages  NV USA
Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2022, 14:18 PM,
RE: E64 - E60 cabrio EGS intermittent nightmare! E60 gurus please chime in!
Check IVM inside. BTW: any errors You have ?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Hoborg for this post
25-11-2022, 15:32 PM,
RE: E64 - E60 cabrio EGS intermittent nightmare! E60 gurus please chime in!
(25-11-2022, 14:18 PM)Hoborg Wrote:  Check IVM inside. BTW: any errors You have ?

There’s no errors in the DME, EGS, CAS. The only errors I have are LM errors on non correct LED BULBS left and right front, DSC - Calibrate Rain Sensor, PDC - Open circuit center sensor. I did reset DME adaptation as it was replaced with a used module by the last technician. The vin wasn’t programmed in when I got the car. I also tried to do a DME alignment and ISTA keeps shutting down with a fatal error cannot communicate with ECU message. Since I can’t realign the CAS and transmission, maybe it’s the CAS causing the issue?

Do I need to program the crankshaft adapter since the DME came from a Donor vehicle?

** I opened the IVM up and even resoldered all joints. Could it be a relay since the IVM Is really a bridge. I was able to get continuity from one pin on the top side to a corresponding pin on the bottom side. The resistors all looked good. Is there an IVM write up on replacement of relays? If that’s my issue

Ronneill M
gavelHead janitor in charge!!!!read

thinking *** I like take things apart and put them back together with improvements so they have a lesser chance of failing, at least that's what I hope for ***secret

driveCarsyde Automotive Solutions - Solutions for all your car needs!enjoy

cashLas Vegas  aka  yikesLost Wages  NV USA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw f33 f82 Cabrio Adjust the convertible roof budddyyy 0 108 25-01-2024, 18:04 PM
Last Post: budddyyy
XZBMW f10 temperature warning/chime redog4dy 1 136 05-01-2024, 13:08 PM
Last Post: TitanicSnake
XSMini F56 pre-LCI or LCI LED lamps retrofit nightmare diagso 18 2,383 22-12-2023, 15:07 PM
Last Post: Djkalash
  G05 Rear seatbelt chime disable kerim 3 508 17-08-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Abou Jambo
XSMini 2010 Mini John Cooper works S cabrio FRM3 high dump needed Carsyde 2 282 19-02-2023, 15:43 PM
Last Post: Carsyde
XZBMW Help diagnosing intermittent electrical faults Fractals 4 510 19-10-2022, 16:49 PM
Last Post: StarmanBL
  Seatbelt Chime off lowtrade 5 1,387 18-02-2018, 20:26 PM
Last Post: Almaretto
XZBMW G11/G30 seatbelt chime Qwerti 2 1,051 01-10-2017, 16:31 PM
Last Post: jararak