Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

1B from CIC
03-02-2023, 10:56 AM,
RE: 1B from CIC
(03-02-2023, 10:24 AM)UnFan Wrote:  I understood where is your problem, if the map of your unit dates from 2009 then you must generate a code for that year, you must not generate a code for a higher version of the MAP or a lifetime. At the beginning, the MAP CIC, there was no EAST WEST version, it was the European version.

That would be true in the HYPOTHETICAL scenario where map ids would be different between old europe/new west/new east. They ARE NOT IRL.

P.S. I'm also inclined to think, that there is something in the firmware of the unit (like script activation) which messes things up.
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2023, 10:58 AM,
logically you must be able to update to any version, for my part I will proceed like this:

- I will generate a code for the MAP 2023 version,
- I will import it via FSTOOL
- I will put the USB key to import the MAP 2023 into the unit, the code will not be requested, the update must be carried out correctly.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to UnFan for this post
03-02-2023, 11:23 AM,
(03-02-2023, 06:27 AM)jaki Wrote:  I appreciate Your contribution to try to help me.
Good news is that one friend will borrow genuine ICOM B for me, so that i don't have to worry about flashing (as my own B was a bit fragile one).
In my understanding flashing will absolutely clean the unit, right?
As mentioned earlier I started the whole thing with flashing as the s/w was original C08.
Script? Hmm, car is from 2009, unit is from 2009 with original s/w and original (2009) maps. I cannot see any reason for scripts.
Before flashing, one mor equestion: can I do FSC's gain with newer time? Will those override that ones currenctly in unit?
Only reason for that is do final test before complete new fllash.

Sometimes flashing does not remove script. We are talking about the script to activate navigation. There's a script placed over USB (on this forum also), made by intel123.

You can generate new fsc's, they will overwrite the ones you have, but the unit is still patched, so you need to use same procedure. I can send you all fsc's for your vin.

(03-02-2023, 10:58 AM)UnFan Wrote:  logically you must be able to update to any version, for my part I will proceed like this:

- I will put the USB key to import the MAP 2023 into the unit, the code will not be requested, the update must be carried out correctly.

I have already sent him 28 FSC, but he couldn't upload it.
03-02-2023, 11:38 AM,
(03-02-2023, 10:58 AM)UnFan Wrote:  logically you must be able to update to any version, for my part I will proceed like this:

Reminder: I used intel patcher v2, not any script. And after usb stick, there was a boot and red screen

I tried that, result:
Store FSCS_CERT gives error, SIG_CERT is ok and FSC is ok

Then in
FSTools = SW_ID 28: certificate: nicht vorhanden
FSC: akzeptiert
And when I put USB, it asks map code, when I put it = wrong = next time I read via FSTools FSC changes to ingespielt
03-02-2023, 11:48 AM,
yes but then, did you send the certificate provided by intel?
03-02-2023, 11:59 AM,
(03-02-2023, 11:48 AM)UnFan Wrote:  yes but then, did you send the certificate provided by intel?

I'm newbie with FSTool, maybe there is something I don't understand at all.
I sent this map FSC excatly same way that eg 17, 19 and 9C, which are all green green all the time.
in SWT data is says for FSCS state like not existent or something (I'm not in the car now)

When I sent this map FSC, storing FSCS cert gives arror, I have honestly no idea why and what to do.
Should I load eg 19 and store FSCS cert from that, because it works
03-02-2023, 12:24 PM,
The only remaining solution is to start from the beginning, flash the unit again then patch and import FSC again, there you will go around in circles to find the solution to your problem. Without being in front of the problem it is difficult to help you. It is possible to solve this without flashing the unit but you have to be a seasoned expert for this, know how to enter the unit in SSH to go to transfer the patch, we are not going to complicate things, flash the unit c is the easiest thing for you to do.
03-02-2023, 12:53 PM,
(03-02-2023, 12:24 PM)UnFan Wrote:  The only remaining solution is to start from the beginning, flash the unit again then patch and import FSC again, there you will go around in circles to find the solution to your problem. Without being in front of the problem it is difficult to help you. It is possible to solve this without flashing the unit but you have to be a seasoned expert for this, know how to enter the unit in SSH to go to transfer the patch, we are not going to complicate things, flash the unit c is the easiest thing for you to do.

Exactly. As a bit earlier I was worried about my ICOM B healtness, I have not to worry about that anymore (getting genuine unit to borrow). I will flash and start the whole thing from start next week.
As everybody else have managed to work this, it cannot be any harder to me either.
03-02-2023, 15:35 PM,
(03-02-2023, 11:48 AM)UnFan Wrote:  yes but then, did you send the certificate provided by intel?

I used the same. He should have all the .der's .
03-02-2023, 18:06 PM,
(03-02-2023, 15:35 PM)claw Wrote:  

I used the same. He should have all the .der's .

Do You .esn Store fscs cert?
This gives a error for ((11001) or something = will not store.
Is that You mentioned?
For 17, 19 1B similar  accepted and ok