Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

GPS Tracking
26-06-2023, 18:28 PM,
XZBMW  GPS Tracking
Hello friends

I have a question about GPS tracking.
Is it possible to program it permanently so that GPS tracking is always activated after every start?
I have the problem that my workshop deactivates the GPS tracking via IDrive at every visit and does not reactivate it afterwards. They are probably afraid that you can see where they are. smile
I just want to find my car, and I had overlooked the fact that it was deactivated several times.
I have Ista, Carly and Bimmercode available. But I could not find a solution yet.
Thank you very much.

Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2023, 17:54 PM,
RE: GPS Tracking
(26-06-2023, 18:28 PM)MarcoSp76 Wrote:  Hello friends

I have a question about GPS tracking.
Is it possible to program it permanently so that GPS tracking is always activated after every start?
I have the problem that my workshop deactivates the GPS tracking via IDrive at every visit and does not reactivate it afterwards. They are probably afraid that you can see where they are. smile
I just want to find my car, and I had overlooked the fact that it was deactivated several times.
I have Ista, Carly and Bimmercode available. But I could not find a solution yet.
Thank you very much.

You can buy Teltonika FMT100 and tracking the car how you want.
27-06-2023, 18:35 PM,
But that was not the intention. I wanted to have the car's GPS permanently activated.

27-06-2023, 19:10 PM,
bmw policy says : you can't track your car while driving. only parked car.
Where is the problem to use FMT100?
27-06-2023, 21:26 PM,
version - FMM I prefer harder to catch - low power consumption
4G LTE Cat M1 and NB IoT connectivity with fallback to 2G

BMW also sells the HW Tracker "Stolen Vehicle Tracking — TPA"
Expensive but fully integrated - "Application of the hardware is possible Only With a service contract 3 available at Additional expense."

I use the BMW GPS IDrive and Teltonika FMM130 with CAN Adapter - happy with the solution.
Even have the MSG configured as the real BMW Tracker (Extra) that is also done by Teltonika the integration is done by CAN each car has its own program code.
27-06-2023, 22:11 PM,
(27-06-2023, 21:26 PM)Napas Wrote:  version - FMM I prefer harder to catch - low power consumption
4G LTE Cat M1 and NB IoT connectivity with fallback to 2G

BMW also sells the HW Tracker "Stolen Vehicle Tracking — TPA"
Expensive but fully integrated - "Application of the hardware is possible Only With a service contract 3 available at Additional expense."

I use the BMW GPS IDrive and Teltonika FMM130 with CAN Adapter - happy with the solution.
Even have the MSG configured as the real BMW Tracker (Extra) that is also done by Teltonika the integration is done by CAN each car has its own program code.
I got last week the new one FMM150 smile have to install it for test. I try to give @MarcoSp76 simple and cheap solution for tracking the car.
28-06-2023, 11:36 AM,
Thank you for the suggested solutions. But my question was aimed at always having the vehicle internal solution activated. Of course, I can also install an additional device. But what's the point if the vehicle has a GPS solution? In the end, it's just a software problem. The question is, who is familiar with it and knows what to do? smile

28-06-2023, 12:51 PM,
And where is deactivated?
Or where You have to activated?
28-06-2023, 19:11 PM,
You can disable the Button in the I Drive via Coding wink
29-06-2023, 13:32 PM,
(28-06-2023, 19:11 PM)moreply Wrote:  You can disable the Button in the I Drive via Coding wink

That's exactly what I want. But how do I do it? smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F11 NBT "GPS TRACKING" menu enable SweetBMW 26 4,759 11-01-2023, 18:25 PM
Last Post: Siki78
  No GPS Tracking after NBT replacement BimmerSLO 4 1,309 10-08-2018, 18:12 PM
Last Post: SweetBMW