Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

AOS API Access
10-07-2023, 18:15 PM,
AOS API Access
Does anyone have API access or know the cost of the access? I checked and it's not even offered in North America, only in EU. Feel free to PM me if you don't feel comfortable sharing info publicly.

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation if I helped you.
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2023, 19:11 PM,
RE: AOS API Access
We tried to get access once, but never got as far as knowing the price.

They want to know exactly what you are using it for, and if you qualify as a publisher of technical information, see the below email.

Quote:Dear API customer,

thank you for your interest in our BMW APIs.

Please be aware that the usage of BMW APIs is currently restricted to third parties that qualify as ‘Publishers of technical information’ as outlined in the EU regulation 2018/858. Please understand that we do not offer detailed information on how to implement the APIs into your software. If your company does not have a dedicated software department (that understands how to work with the documentation provided via https://aos.bmwgroup.com/web/oss/bmw-apis-overview ) we recommend using the BMW applications offered within the AOS Portal.

In order to evaluate if you qualify for the usage of the BMW APIs, we appreciate if you could answer the following questions.

Information about your company
Please provide us with the name and address  (including VAT-ID) of your company. Please describe how your company qualifies as a ‘Publisher of technical information’. Please provide the address of your company website (if available).

Information about your products
Please describe your product portfolio and in which products you plan on using our APIs. If you plan on using an API product that contains person related information (e.g. the VIN – Vehicle Identification Number), please provide an explanation how you ensure compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Additional information
If possible, please provide additional information to enable a quick evaluation like business licenses or memberships in relevant associations.

Due to the increased interest in our products we apologize that the evaluation may take some days.

Thank you for your understanding,

Your BMW API Team

[+] 2 users say Thank You to bmwfnatic for this post
10-07-2023, 19:37 PM,
(10-07-2023, 19:11 PM)bmwfnatic Wrote:  We tried to get access once, but never got as far as knowing the price.

They want to know exactly what you are using it for, and if you qualify as a publisher of technical information, see the below email.

Quote:Dear API customer,

thank you for your interest in our BMW APIs.

Please be aware that the usage of BMW APIs is currently restricted to third parties that qualify as ‘Publishers of technical information’ as outlined in the EU regulation 2018/858. Please understand that we do not offer detailed information on how to implement the APIs into your software. If your company does not have a dedicated software department (that understands how to work with the documentation provided via https://aos.bmwgroup.com/web/oss/bmw-apis-overview ) we recommend using the BMW applications offered within the AOS Portal.

In order to evaluate if you qualify for the usage of the BMW APIs, we appreciate if you could answer the following questions.

Information about your company
Please provide us with the name and address  (including VAT-ID) of your company. Please describe how your company qualifies as a ‘Publisher of technical information’. Please provide the address of your company website (if available).

Information about your products
Please describe your product portfolio and in which products you plan on using our APIs. If you plan on using an API product that contains person related information (e.g. the VIN – Vehicle Identification Number), please provide an explanation how you ensure compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Additional information
If possible, please provide additional information to enable a quick evaluation like business licenses or memberships in relevant associations.

Due to the increased interest in our products we apologize that the evaluation may take some days.

Thank you for your understanding,

Your BMW API Team
Same form letter I got on the initial request. I don't have VAT since I'm in NA and they said they cannot provide access to North America. I contacted USA side and they told me they don't do API at all.

Thanks [Image: tyl_add.png] + [Image: postbit_reputation.gif] reputation if I helped you.
11-07-2023, 13:33 PM,
Does not matter if you are VAT registered or not, they are not forthcoming in giving access, I tried too.

Author of Car Connector - remote ICOM & ENET tool - Built in VPN for easy coding and remote diagnostics

Car Connector on YouTube

Closed Beta in progress - Open Beta starting Jan 2024.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Wibbles for this post
11-07-2023, 13:41 PM,
Has anyone asked what is required to be "Publishers of technical information"? Because EU regulation 2018/858 has this text in it, but has no details on what these are whatsoever.
11-07-2023, 16:48 PM,
I think I can get access but I'm not in the market to develop a site for it. A collaboration should be possible.

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
11-07-2023, 17:43 PM,
Would anyone tell me what is API AOS?

All my knowledge is free for exchange with valuable information
Sharing->Development
  • FSC Repair kits - FSC Retrofits and Conversions Service history
  • Secure Coding 2.0 Type Key, FA, SFA, LCS Switch, SecOc, EOS Tester bypass after SME/HV Replacement
  • NBT/EVO/EntryNav2/MGU
  • MGU Carplay/Android auto W/O Telematics/CP/Patching in Middle East and Northern Africa
  • Feature Installer codes B2B
  • DME VIN ISN Working Hours IMMO OFF File and Remote Service/SWIFTEC - MG1 MD1 IMMO OFF
  • (E,F,G) 7DCT - DKG - 8HP - 6HP - EGS7 ISN Reset
  • KAFAS4 Virgin and Patching Remote
  • CAS2/3/4 Full IMMO & LOCKSMITH Customization Dump & Remote
  • HUF5663_434Mhz NO REMOTE SIGNAL FIX
  • F&G Series Headlight Customization
Visit this user's website
11-07-2023, 17:49 PM,
(11-07-2023, 17:43 PM)Mwahab Wrote:  Would anyone tell me what is API AOS?

You know what API is in general?
11-07-2023, 17:57 PM,
(11-07-2023, 17:49 PM)zero9 Wrote:  
(11-07-2023, 17:43 PM)Mwahab Wrote:  Would anyone tell me what is API AOS?

You know what API is in general?

I assume yes

All my knowledge is free for exchange with valuable information
Sharing->Development
  • FSC Repair kits - FSC Retrofits and Conversions Service history
  • Secure Coding 2.0 Type Key, FA, SFA, LCS Switch, SecOc, EOS Tester bypass after SME/HV Replacement
  • NBT/EVO/EntryNav2/MGU
  • MGU Carplay/Android auto W/O Telematics/CP/Patching in Middle East and Northern Africa
  • Feature Installer codes B2B
  • DME VIN ISN Working Hours IMMO OFF File and Remote Service/SWIFTEC - MG1 MD1 IMMO OFF
  • (E,F,G) 7DCT - DKG - 8HP - 6HP - EGS7 ISN Reset
  • KAFAS4 Virgin and Patching Remote
  • CAS2/3/4 Full IMMO & LOCKSMITH Customization Dump & Remote
  • HUF5663_434Mhz NO REMOTE SIGNAL FIX
  • F&G Series Headlight Customization
Visit this user's website
11-07-2023, 20:18 PM,
XZBMW  RE: AOS API Access
(11-07-2023, 17:43 PM) Mwahab Wrote:  Would anyone tell me what is API AOS?

see attached file

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user says Thank You to Lpapp for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E91 LCI comfort access problem/ KFP install wrong ZB kuno24 3 173 01-02-2024, 16:25 PM
Last Post: kuno24
  E90 comfort access retrofit coding - Comfort Entry not working smass 0 119 14-12-2023, 04:38 AM
Last Post: smass
  E92 M3 Comfort Access not functioning properly Ulsmak 5 326 02-09-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Bmw F01 comfort access issue Zenel6GT 2 390 07-08-2023, 08:15 AM
Last Post: mdomel
  Comfort access module causes ews error E90 Msd81.2 willisodhiambo 6 541 21-06-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: willisodhiambo
XZBMW S-gate: ENCS access issues ? anstr 4 547 07-03-2023, 15:53 PM
Last Post: codemybmw
  Solved ✔ E93 with comfort access key fob remote not working kklobo 6 477 02-02-2023, 18:19 PM
Last Post: kklobo
  Comfort Access Seat throwback on G82 NWBMW 1 259 30-01-2023, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Timbits93
XZBMW NBT ssh access jararak 27 14,896 07-01-2023, 20:31 PM
Last Post: RomeyRome
XZBMW Folding mirror with key or comfort access during hazard light on(bimmercode) yutupa 2 377 03-11-2022, 15:51 PM
Last Post: yutupa