Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

ICOM NEXT Original problem
11-10-2023, 11:42 AM,
ICOM NEXT Original problem
Dear all,

My icom next (original) have the folllowing problem:

LAN is stable green
SYSTEM flashes red
COMM and WLAN flashes Orange

Itoolradar not find icom.

I tired FW Update but same.

attached is the FW update report and link to LED video

how i can fix it

br

Attached Files
restore.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 16 times
Size: 185.13 KB

link video.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 19 times
Size: 26 bytes

Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2023, 16:57 PM,
RE: ICOM NEXT Original problem
In 2016 I found (in this forum) a manual to reset / recover the full firmware of the Icom next, may be it helps:

Note: DO NOT UNPLUG the {ICOM Next} from the {OBD II} jack after an update via {ISTA}, a web interface or an emergency software update.
The {ICOM Next} starts with flashing green SYSTEM {LED}s. After about 10 seconds it shows red {LED}s for about 2 minutes. After this, the {ICOM Next} reboots due to a firmware update.
1. If the {ICOM Next} {LED}s g red for more than 10 minutes, or if the {ICOM Next} is unplugged directly after an update, please carry out the following procedure:

1. Please ensure that ALL of the following prerequisites are satisfied:
1.1. You require a {USB} 2.0 or {USB} 3.0 flash drive. ({USB} 1.x flash drives are not supported).
1.2. The {USB} flash drive must be formatted with a {FAT32} file system.
1.3. A minimum of 60 {MByte} free space is required on the {USB} flash drive.
2. Navigate to "{C:\ProgramData\BMW\ISPI\data\TRIC\ICOMNext\ICOM-Image-03-14-08}".
ProgramData folder is hidden by default. In that case, you have two options in order to access the file or the folder:
- change the settings directly in the Windows Explorer ("Tools => Folder Options => View => Show hidden files, folders or drives")
- or enter the whole path into the Windows Explorer's address bar and press enter.

3. Copy "{ICOM_Next-rootfs-010002.tar.gz}" to the root directory of the {USB} flash drive.
4. Copy "{ICOM_Next-app-010008.tar.gz}" to the root directory of the {USB} flash drive.
5. Disconnect the {ICOM Next} from the power supply.
6. Plug the {USB} flash drive into the {ICOM NEXT}.
7. Press and hold the button pressed on the {ICOM Next} and connect the {ICOM NEXT} to the {OBD II} jack of a vehicle.
8. Keep the button pressed. The {ICOM NEXT} starts with all {LED}s glowing red. The {LED}s stay red; some may flicker orange/yellow. Keep the button pressed.
9. Keep the button pressed. After about 4 seconds, all {LED}s turn orange/yellow. All {LED}s now glow in the same colour.
10. Release the button and then press it three times within five seconds. The {LED}s glow or flash red and orange/yellow again.
11. Wait: This procedure may take several minutes. Do not disconnect the {ICOM NEXT} as long as any {LED} glows red.
12. After about 5 minutes the SYSTEM {LED} turns green again. The {ICOM NEXT} has been updated and is ready for use.
13. If the issue is not solved:
13.1. Please submit a support ticket via the {OSS Cockpit}.
13.2. Please provide the "{restore.log}" from the {USB} stick.

IMPORTANT: When the software update is complete, the {ICOM NEXT} needs to be connected to the dealer's network in order to be reconfigured.
All previous settings are lost during the update. If there is a "{user.settings}" file on the {USB} flash drive, it will be applied after the firmware update.
14-10-2023, 08:09 AM,
i tried that but no way to recover it that way sad

it seems it is a common error as i found some guys which had same issue by google -> unfortunately without solution
14-10-2023, 15:10 PM,
Of course, this is not a solution, and if you did with files whose version level is higher than the current firmware, you aggravated the problem. Initially, the reason is in smart fusion or in its auxiliary components

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bmw G31 retrofit Mgu id7 atm problem intranet 20 2,414 Yesterday, 08:06 AM
Last Post: smilo
XZBMW NBT EVO Connected Drive problem after update I-Level SkeYT 47 4,739 22-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: kwat
  [MEGA] Any ESYS Editions + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 105 36,103 17-04-2024, 18:36 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
XZBMW ICOM Firmware (NEXT & A2) always current! Vojno 206 43,343 12-04-2024, 23:36 PM
Last Post: bennymx
XZBMW Poor wifi signal from new ICOM's bmchicago 3 331 12-04-2024, 18:55 PM
Last Post: Node
  BMW E60 coding problem GarageX 8 357 02-04-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: GarageX
  Solved ✔ ICOM NEXT Error bmwcare 4 2,493 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  CCC flash WINKFP ICOM BimmerSLO 9 373 29-03-2024, 19:17 PM
Last Post: Hoborg
XZBMW Bmw 5,f10 radio problem RobertRexhaj 3 162 28-03-2024, 18:47 PM
Last Post: Unspec
  ISTA launcher problem Red_bean_bun 1 267 26-03-2024, 05:11 AM