Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW E83 A1 error - MRS: No message from DSC ...
27-11-2023, 04:01 AM,
RE: BMW E83 A1 error - MRS: No message from DSC ...
Intake air temperature -50C!!!!! there is a problem!!

Your code is:
DDE 497D Pressure sensor, plausibility while after running: Exhaust pressure before turbocharger not
plausible with ambient pressure

Look closely in your fault details, engine have a remaining pressure in the intake system after you turn off the engine.
That's why fault code details is registering charging pressure higher than ambient pressure

Check you intake and exhaust for stuffed system and or one of the sensor is bad
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2023, 21:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 22:21 PM by ivanp.)
Hello.
In my action to check the hose connected to the backpressure sensor - i just broke the bolt which keeps the hose connected to the exhaust ....big pain in the ass.
At least was very clean - so no issue with that hose linled to the exhaust backpressure sensor ...
I think i have to remove the exhaust part and to find a solution to remove the remained bolt in the hole ...
Any idea what size is that tool needed to remove the 2 bolts in the picture around that hole?
It doesnt seems to be E type ...

2 types of extractor tried - no move at all. With one i can push with lot of force but i am afraid that extractolr will be broke too ...
10-12-2023, 16:14 PM,
Drill remainig out, cut a new thread
[+] 1 user says Thank You to kuno24 for this post
11-12-2023, 07:42 AM,
Thank you - it is also my intention - waiting for 12points sockets set to unmount the exhaust manifold from the engine (there is no suffice place on the side to work on that hole).
Lets hope i will be able to fix it ...
11-12-2023, 07:50 AM,
Assuming "Exhaust back pressure on -board recirculating air filter" is the same pressure as in the fault name this seems like a fault in DDE computer firmware. Is it running last version??? Normally those pressure readings can deviate by like 50 mbar. In your case fault seems to be set when the difference is just 4 mbar...

If it is NOT the same, then you SHOULD have looked at live data of the correct pressure reading before throwing parts cannon.
11-12-2023, 08:54 AM,
Hello Node,

As far as i remember, in live data, the pressure was fine, without deviation from the acceptable interval - i dont remember now what was that accepted interval.
Related to latest firmware - i always thought that E83 is not firmware alligned.
I noticed that ilevel actual or target are empty both ista and istap, and also when i try a complete car codding to see the action, there are no identifiers for all the pieces, just for some - as in the below pictures - i thought that is normal.

11-12-2023, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 09:53 AM by Node.)
From looking at data files seems your DDE already has a latest firmware.

Regarding broken bolt I would first try the bolt extractor tools. Bolt is hollow so you don't even need to drill, just insert the tool and turn it counter clockwise... No need to remove manifold either as it looks like there is plenty of space for the tool. Spraying it with "cooling spray" (not sure how that thing is properly called in english, but it's a spray which cools the part you are spraying to like -50°C so it thermally contracts and loosens, I use one made by Wurth) probably would help too.

P.S. you should really check live data whether you are getting proper readings from the intake air temperature sensor (which is integrated in mass air flow sensor). Freeze frame shows it's reading at -50°C which is CLEARLY a problem, but I always double check as my experience is freeze frames are not always exactly correct on these old cars. MAYBE it could even cause this pressure fault in the case DDE uses that value to somehow estimate allowed discrepancy...

P.P.S. Otherwise it looks like some kind of transient fault which exists for an extremely short time so DDE registers it, but by the time it does that, measurement is ok again. But it may as well be a wiring issue. I would first check the wires between that sensor and DDE for signs of rubbing. So AFTER you fix intake air temperature and see no issue with wiring, I personally ONLY THEN would try replacing this pressure sensor. Maybe it could help you. Good luck with that if you try...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
11-12-2023, 10:34 AM,
I was using 2 types of extractors - 1 and 2 from pictures - one was going deep inside the hole and able to apply a lot of force, second one - not too deep and not able to apply pressure.
I will use the 3 one too - i have a set somewhere but not able to find it so far.
Indeed, cold spray, ice spray or cooling spray - would help - i will try also with that (i just order it).
Related to error itself - intake air during the live data is correct, no idea why in the history of that error is shown as -50 degrees .... in my mind was because actually when my specific error is logged - actually the engine is stopped and key removed - i thought this is the reason why that temperature is shown as -50. in live data is shown correctly.
Also the wires seems to be in good shape - i have checked multiple times. only if wires are broken inside the good looking isolation material ... 
Oki, thanks for your time and feedback, once the issue with broken bolt is fixed - i will go back to live data, intake temperature sensor and pressure sensor.

many thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

16-12-2023, 18:14 PM,
Unfortunately, I had to remove the exhaust manifold from the engine - that banjo bolt left inside was not moving at all. Once removed from the engine - i was able to cut new threads with a tap.
First I worked with M11x1.5 to try to remove the remaining piece ... until some point it worked, and then i have used the final one M12x1.5 - to remove all the remaining pieces from that banjo bolt. Off course, lots of stress and swears as it was difficult ensuring the tap was square and properly started to avoid cross-threading the manifold. Finally i clean it.
Any idea what should be the torque for that banjo bolt - i cant find it in ista ...

Thank you!
16-12-2023, 21:20 PM,
still cant find a value on the internet - i have used 30Nm ...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISTA 4.47 test plan and error delete not available bmwm3power 7 432 Yesterday, 15:49 PM
Last Post: bmwm3power
XZBMW xdrive off with esys without error in dash dankocg 15 3,046 Yesterday, 11:55 AM
Last Post: kami2k
XZBMW Esys error message only on EPS. ''Failed to get CAFs for SWE'' arthur101 2 134 25-04-2024, 22:48 PM
Last Post: arthur101
  NBT Evo CAFD missing after coding error Mugga 13 635 24-04-2024, 22:47 PM
Last Post: Mugga
  BMW F20 ACSM4B internal error Pedrom92 4 180 21-04-2024, 21:54 PM
Last Post: Pedrom92
XZBMW Need help for an error. TibeRiuSca 1 90 18-04-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: cipi gutuie
  VO code RSE_HIGH_NBT2 error HU_man 3 170 12-04-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Error by Ista ABL_DIT_AS6100_TRAMODE_RESET arcelik 18 645 08-04-2024, 19:58 PM
Last Post: Fatalix
  Solved ✔ ICOM NEXT Error bmwcare 4 2,509 01-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ivanp
  F15 6WB Retrofit VIN Error moreply 4 271 25-03-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: RuleNormaliai