Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Rear radars hardware not suitable for equipment
10-12-2023, 20:54 PM,
Rear radars hardware not suitable for equipment
Hello, I have a customer who retrofitted  Driving Assistant Professional (SA 5AU). Everything is working except that the car doesn't change the lane automatically on highway when turn indicator is turned on. Need to move the steering wheel to change the lane.

There are 2 faults left about Lane change assistant:

481CD8   HRSNR: Hardware not suitable for the equipment
481CDA   HRSNL: Hardware not suitable for the equipment

Control plan says:

"Incorrect hardware for implementation of the driver assistance function "Lane change assistant" has been detected on the following rear close-range radar sensor:

HRSNL - Rear radar sensor near range left 

Fit the correct rear close-range radar sensors as per Electronic Parts Catalogue"

The same control plan is for HRSNR.

Radars are correct accordingly to HWEL in esys as well as KIS database.

The guy from Malaysia who provided the radars said that these fault are normal because there are some regional restrictions and its not possible to get rid of this. 

Car is from ECE and I don't think that there are any restrictions, however I can't find neither informations to confirm it or deny. 

Anyone had such problem?

Only BMW services:

Remote coding/programming - E, F, G serie
HDD change, Carplay, Screen mirroring activation
FSC pack - CIC, NBT, NBT EVO, ENTRYNAV2, MGU, KAFAS
Remote reset 8HP ISN F serie
ELV disable for CAS3, 3+
Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2023, 20:47 PM,
RE: Rear radars hardware not suitable for equipment
had the same error on a X6 or X7 ( don t remember correctly). one of the the radars was replaced because of accident and the people who replaced that didn t knew what to order so looked at the other side and order the same part number. in this case the car had two master radars. i reprogrammed the new one and still the same error. then i did the adaptation in ista and after he drove the car, the error was gone and the function was working. i can t explain how and why but i would begin with checking the two radars, make sure one it s master and the other one is slave, next step would be to flash them with the same ilevel and the last step would be to do the adaptation in ista
[+] 1 user says Thank You to dumitru.o for this post
12-12-2023, 17:20 PM,
(11-12-2023, 20:47 PM)dumitru.o Wrote:  had the same error on a X6 or X7 ( don t remember correctly). one of the the radars was replaced because of accident and the people who replaced that didn t knew what to order so looked at the other side and order the same part number. in this case the car had two master radars. i reprogrammed the new one and still the same error. then i did the adaptation in ista and after he drove the car, the error was gone and the function was working. i can t explain how and why but i would begin with checking the two radars, make sure one it s master and the other one is slave, next step would be to flash them with the same ilevel and the last step would be to do the adaptation in ista

In this case all radars are programmed to newest I-level and adaptation in ista was also done, but nothing seems to fix this issue. Do you remember what part number was of the radar? I expected that in this case they might be incorrect as the fault suggest, but esys confirm they are totally correct, so I don’t expect fault from this side

Only BMW services:

Remote coding/programming - E, F, G serie
HDD change, Carplay, Screen mirroring activation
FSC pack - CIC, NBT, NBT EVO, ENTRYNAV2, MGU, KAFAS
Remote reset 8HP ISN F serie
ELV disable for CAS3, 3+
12-12-2023, 17:54 PM,
the part # i had is not relevant, what i can tell you is that esys saw them identical, same HW, samw SW, i injected the same CAFD.

You should visually check both of them, take a picture of the label and check against ETK to see if those are the correct parts for your car.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  G82 rear tail lights CSL retrofit Sauron 10 784 20-04-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: SANYA
XZBMW EBA PDC Front and rear F31 LCI gvitkis 1 84 10-04-2024, 21:54 PM
Last Post: dumitru.o
XZBMW BMW EntryNav2 CarPlay hardware compatibility list 320ed 5 420 09-04-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: PsevDo
XZBMW G30 - how to add ambient lighting source in rear footwell hansolo 3 237 04-04-2024, 13:33 PM
Last Post: zeronoo
  BMW x3 F25 Rear view camera retrofit m4rrtin 1 153 03-03-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: SweetBMW
XZBMW Rear View Camera retrofit (F20) hugo325 28 4,486 27-02-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: NeRkO20
  G20 Rear lights coding US to ECE huzionet 2 200 25-02-2024, 18:32 PM
Last Post: Bakica
  F15 CONVERT US TO ECE REAR LIGHTS anci.pl 12 3,245 19-02-2024, 19:00 PM
Last Post: kklobo
XZBMW G30 Entrynav2 - rear camera retrofit problem Krysiaman 17 1,213 13-02-2024, 21:44 PM
Last Post: Airbus
  G11 G12 LCI rear lights coding USA to ECE kklobo 7 815 02-02-2024, 14:06 PM
Last Post: driver4f