Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now яёgїsтядтїои cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

BMW E46 M54B30 Double VANOS not working after full rebuild – exhaust cam sensor fault
14-05-2026, 15:54 PM,
Post: #21
RE: BMW E46 M54B30 Double VANOS not working after full rebuild – exhaust cam sensor fault
Why not get yourself locking kit and just check the timing. I have a feeling it will be well off...

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein.
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2026, 14:30 PM,
Post: #22
RE: BMW E46 M54B30 Double VANOS not working after full rebuild – exhaust cam sensor fault
(13-05-2026, 08:36 AM)lustek Wrote:  
(13-05-2026, 06:40 AM)Liteace Wrote:  check the out put of all 3 sensors, cams + crank, is the cam timing 100% correct, reassembled with cam locking tools?

Regarding the sensor outputs – I don't have access to an oscilloscope, so I haven't been able to check the waveforms properly.

As for the cam timing – I have to be honest here. I did not use cam locking tools during the VANOS reassembly, and I have not verified the cam timing since putting it back together. I was not aware this was strictly necessary for this job.

............!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks  handshake
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2026, 05:29 AM,
Post: #23
RE: BMW E46 M54B30 Double VANOS not working after full rebuild – exhaust cam sensor fault
SOLVED – apologies for the late update, it's been a busy few weeks with work and I didn't get a chance to post sooner.

The root cause turned out to be exactly what some of you suspected – cam timing. I fully disassembled the top end of the valve train, set everything up properly using cam locking tools this time, and reassembled.

Result: both VANOS units are now working correctly, the exhaust cam position sensor fault is completely gone, and the values in INPA move as expected.

Lesson learned – never reassemble the VANOS on M54B30 without locking the camshafts first. I should have known better.

Big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. Your input pointed me in the right direction and saved me a lot of time chasing the wrong things. Really appreciate it.

If I helped, please magic buttons thx+rep yes yes yes under under under
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to lustek for this post


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  v4.61.41_Р5dZDата - Full Version - тояяёит dzooky 1 248 06-10-2026, 17:23 PM
Last Post: brunoadbr
  v4.61.11_Р5dZDата - Full Version - Tоrrent luntik 5 350 06-10-2026, 17:18 PM
Last Post: brunoadbr
  Anyone could share Р5dZDата 4.13.44 Full? tokenmasterhk 9 1,352 05-10-2026, 06:41 AM
Last Post: MichaelNRW
  S50 B32 VANOS cover threaded connection bmchicago 1 58 02-10-2026, 14:19 PM
Last Post: luci.deresu
  Navi E98 not working BSBBMW 9 250 01-10-2026, 18:33 PM
Last Post: Florissilfhout
  BMW F30 B58 MG1CS003 - Working hours reset tcp443 5 361 01-10-2026, 05:23 AM
Last Post: djdum
  bmw f10 276f00 Fault elremont 4 132 30-09-2026, 17:33 PM
Last Post: elremont
0Dash x-Drive status display on 2017 G31 (working) remcar 1 234 30-09-2026, 13:53 PM
Last Post: BMW4LIFE
  Р5dZDата 4.61.41 Full & Lite Version - MEGA charlesjyw 0 196 29-09-2026, 17:18 PM
Last Post: charlesjyw
  Looking for Р5dZDата full 4.53-4.54 jaramillo 5 236 26-09-2026, 16:23 PM
Last Post: komeil

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
3 Guest(s)

Return to TopReturn to Content