Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Problem F48 with Esys flashing now no KL15
19-08-2022, 07:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2022, 07:49 AM by Node.)
RE: Problem F48 with Esys flashing now no KL15
Then for transmitter you need older ESys or copy files (fat folder) from older ESys.

You CAN'T just take ANY FA from another car and use it. It seems you tried to align options list at least (or were very lucky it was almost the same), but then you need to get other things like time criteria, type code to be correct too.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
19-08-2022, 08:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 19-08-2022, 09:02 AM by Node.)
Also for the files you will need proper SVT_ist with all the correct HW, because you only included SVT_soll AFTER you broke it (so now it has HW which was CALCULATED for the included FA, and not the one which is actually present in the car). And the TAL you included has all those nasty hw deinstall/install things so its useless (at least without hours of manual fixing, but for that again you need actual SVT ist).

The thing with "google said" is that you need a factory car. Your first TAL execution was ALMOST ok, you just put too old ACSM into that car. These files look like made when you started changing something without any reason or clue why.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
19-08-2022, 10:36 AM,
OT: What does HW deinstall/install mean on a module in Tal processing list? I think I saw it on My EGS or shifter module after loading tal for flashing. Only mod I did on FA was delete 205 to 2TB to code Sport+ and launch control.
19-08-2022, 10:58 AM,
(19-08-2022, 10:36 AM)ir655 Wrote:  OT: What does HW deinstall/install mean on a module in Tal processing list? I think I saw it on My EGS or shifter module after loading tal for flashing. Only mod I did on FA was delete 205 to 2TB to code Sport+ and launch control.

Note: This answer is based on my experience and understanding thus may not be 100% correct.

It means that SVT_ist contains a unit (HWEL) which should not be there according to FA. In such a case SVT_soll is calculated with "proper" unit according to KIS and TAL is calculated with HW actions to deinstall the existing unit and install the new "correct" unit. It must be noted that "proper" unit can not be always be determined uniquely as  multiple potentially valid ones could exist.

This should be a BIG RED FLAG to STOP immediately and think whether this is actually correct. With retrofits sometimes it can't be avoided, but then you really need to uncheck such units in TAL execution list or use other things like filters. You also should want to uncheck updating vehicle configs in options in such cases unless you really understand the implications.

ESys is an engineering tool and it will happily do whatever crap you ask it to do. If you started to execute TAL with HW actions active ESys expects you to actually replace a unit. And result will usually not be what you expect when you don't.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Node for this post
19-08-2022, 13:34 PM,
(19-08-2022, 10:58 AM)Node Wrote:  
(19-08-2022, 10:36 AM)ir655 Wrote:  OT: What does HW deinstall/install mean on a module in Tal processing list? I think I saw it on My EGS or shifter module after loading tal for flashing. Only mod I did on FA was delete 205 to 2TB to code Sport+ and launch control.

Note: This answer is based on my experience and understanding thus may not be 100% correct.

It means that SVT_ist contains a unit (HWEL) which should not be there according to FA. In such a case SVT_soll is calculated with "proper" unit according to KIS and TAL is calculated with HW actions to deinstall the existing unit and install the new "correct" unit. It must be noted that "proper" unit can not be always be determined uniquely as  multiple potentially valid ones could exist.

This should be a BIG RED FLAG to STOP immediately and think whether this is actually correct. With retrofits sometimes it can't be avoided, but then you really need to uncheck such units in TAL execution list or use other things like filters. You also should want to uncheck updating vehicle configs in options in such cases unless you really understand the implications.

ESys is an engineering tool and it will happily do whatever crap you ask it to do. If you started to execute TAL with HW actions active ESys expects you to actually replace a unit. And result will usually not be what you expect when you don't.

Thanks for the explanation Node! Thats what I suspected, just couldnt find anything concrete googling and searching the forum. A lot of mentions of hw deinstall/install in threads, but no actual explanation of what it actually means.

Since this only showed up on my gear selector module (GWS) if I remember correctly it correlates to what you are saying, aka my car didnt come with SAT, I changed FA to code in SAT functions such as Sport+ and Launch Control. So Esys wants me to install correct hardware for the FA written to the car.
20-08-2022, 08:46 AM,
(19-08-2022, 07:39 AM)Node Wrote:  Then for transmitter you need older ESys or copy files (fat folder) from older ESys.

You CAN'T just take ANY FA from another car and use it. It seems you tried to align options list at least (or were very lucky it was almost the same), but then you need to get other things like time criteria, type code to be correct too.

I installed several older versions, but none of them have transmitters.
What version has external transmitters?
Or would it be possible to share the fat folder here?
20-08-2022, 09:03 AM,
(20-08-2022, 08:46 AM)alexturbo Wrote:  
(19-08-2022, 07:39 AM)Node Wrote:  Then for transmitter you need older ESys or copy files (fat folder) from older ESys.

I don't remember in which version it was removed, but IMHO 3.27 had it.

Anyway, here you are. If you extract this to your ESys folder, you will need to register it by clicking add button in the toolbar (while external applications is open). Then fill:
Application Name: Transmitter (or whatever you like)
Executable Path: ..\..\fat\startTransmitter.bat
Parameter: <leave empty, will be filled automatically after you connect to a car>

Or you can extract it anywhere else and give full path to it then.

Attached Files
fat.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 47 times
Size: 1.36 MB

[+] 6 users say Thank You to Node for this post
20-08-2022, 20:35 PM,
(20-08-2022, 09:03 AM)Node Wrote:  
(20-08-2022, 08:46 AM)alexturbo Wrote:  

I don't remember in which version it was removed, but IMHO 3.27 had it.

Anyway, here you are. If you extract this to your ESys folder, you will need to register it by clicking add button in the toolbar (while external applications is open). Then fill:
Application Name: Transmitter (or whatever you like)
Executable Path: ..\..\fat\startTransmitter.bat
Parameter: <leave empty, will be filled automatically after you connect to a car>

Or you can extract it anywhere else and give full path to it then.

Great, I set it up and will try it out on the vehicle later. Thank you for your great help.

Here my SVT_ist

Attached Files
SVT_ist.rar
File Type: .rar
Downloaded: 2 times
Size: 1.91 KB

22-08-2022, 10:50 AM,
I have done the following:
connect to vehicle
read FA
activate FA
Read ECU.
go to external applications
double click the transmitter
click the connect button
double click 31 01 0f 0c 00;setenergymodedefault

The ignition still won't turn on.
However, connection to the vehicle via VIN established. Or does it absolutely have to be made via gateway URL? I can't get a connection through Gateway.
22-08-2022, 12:34 PM,
IMHO it does not matter how connection is established as long as there is one.

From your SVT_ist I see that multiple units have their CAFDs deleted: BDC, HU, ZBE at least. You need to inject CAFDs into them and code them.

Maybe you can find better instructions elsewhere, but quick guide:
1. Go to Expert Mode/Coding.
2. Load FA, read/load SVT_ist.
3. Find a unit which has CAFD_FFFFFFFF_255_255_255.
4. Select that UNIT (not CAFD).
5. Click detect CAF for SWE.
6. Choose CAFD from a list (you can choose latest iStep, or some specific one if you know the whole car is at that step). If multiple CAFDs are shown FOR A SAME STEP, you need to select them all using ctrl key (not in these units).
7. Click code.
8. Repeat from 3 for next unit.

Let's see from there.
You can also try to execute this in transmitter: Clear all DTCs (clear DTC,clear Infospeicher,ZFS – DM_Lock,clear ZFS – DM_Clear,ZFS – DM_Unlock)

P.S. It seems you installed BDC from an older car (with older HWEL). Whatever I did I could not get ESys to calculate proper update for this BDC in this car, not even by manipulating type/time. Of course there is "actual HWEL" button, but ESys calculates replacement BDC with newer bootloader/software which according to KIS is not compatible with your HWEL. My guess it has some other hardware which is just incompatible with this BDC. It may work, but update SVT will need to be written manually if you want to flash last iStep. You may try to calculate it with an actual car connection, maybe then result would be different somehow.

P.P.S. ACSM2 is older too, but that can be calculated by setting a bit older factory level. But then you need to flash ACSM2 ONLY with such a TAL!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best solution for Esys ESYSX EsysUltra or other budddyyy 22 1,511 35 minutes ago
Last Post: bennymx
XZBMW G11 PRoblem TV Channel budddyyy 9 160 37 minutes ago
Last Post: budddyyy
XZBMW F10 3.0d Engine from 258hp to 245hp Problem with ecu budddyyy 5 176 12-06-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: DieStream
  [MEGA] ESYS + PSDZ Full & Lite + ICOM Firmware + MANUALS + TOOLS hashtagmaster 115 38,876 06-06-2024, 16:31 PM
Last Post: hashtagmaster
XZBMW BMW MGU21 Emmc Writing Problem (Request) donjuan020 10 793 05-06-2024, 00:22 AM
Last Post: donjuan020
XZBMW need XML file for esys please iyade46 1 90 03-06-2024, 14:15 PM
Last Post: Brandy
XZBMW BMW e87 LCI hralights retrofit problem XeoN 1 71 31-05-2024, 14:40 PM
Last Post: wrp_199
XZBMW XML file needed for esys please iyade46 2 111 23-05-2024, 22:51 PM
Last Post: jaramillo
XZBMW G30 Entrynav2 - rear camera retrofit problem Krysiaman 19 1,492 23-05-2024, 20:39 PM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW coding drl taillight x3 g1 with esys kwastmichiel 12 1,454 22-05-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Richard_1360