Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Diagnosing N63 is driving me nuts
28-05-2023, 13:41 PM,
RE: Diagnosing N63 is driving me nuts
Dear Sirs,

attached some logged an filtered data. Thanks a lot! Focus is on Lambda Integrators.

Attached Files
Link.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 14 times
Size: 114 bytes

Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2023, 13:53 PM,
where did you buy Torque Converter from? directly from ZF or is this a rebuild unit from a shop?

28-05-2023, 13:54 PM,
I bought ist directly from ZF it is brand new, not a remanufactured part.
28-05-2023, 14:51 PM,
in America we replaced all injectors(high fuel pressure) and NOT only one
I seen before same thing happening from injectors
while hot, in traffic car would diy or stumble or hesitate when hard acceleration from low speed

All new coils and new BMW spark plug would also help

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CATAHA for this post
28-05-2023, 16:31 PM,
Thanks, that's what I afraid, further 7 injectors for ~400 Euro+ each, invested in a car made 12 years ago. sad
28-05-2023, 20:55 PM,
To add to what CATAHA said, I believe the official BMW recommendation was to change the entire bank when replacing injectors on the N63 and N54 engines. I would start with changing out injectors on cylinders 5, 6 and 7 then reassess. Alternatively, I believe there are some shops available online for testing injectors at a low cost, but I have not used any personally.

Are you covered by the N63 recall campaign? You could call your local dealership and ask if there were any warranty extensions or log into BMW's AOS/TIS and check for Service Bulletins. In the US, the N63 engines were covered by additional warranties due to lawsuits.

With this generation of injectors, they were engineered with a poor failure mode, as the fuel sprayer extends outward. They are very prone to leaks, which causes rough idle at the early stages of failure and can cause hydrolock the engine if left unaddressed. One thing to remember is that when a part is weak or failing, other components tend to compensate. I vaguely recall seeing abnormal values on multiple cylinders then ended out changing all injectors that weren't recently replaced once I did my valve seals and then my engine ran perfectly. The N54 and N63 were essentially good engines with bad parts, which can make them a headache to maintain.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Exotic_Tastes for this post
29-05-2023, 21:34 PM,
Remove spark plug from 3 or 4 or 5 or 7 cylinder and try to start car. You will feel less compression in hand than on other cylinders.
30-05-2023, 14:06 PM,
Measurements done. No cylinder is below 12 Bar / 180 PSI.
19-06-2023, 21:50 PM,
(30-05-2023, 14:06 PM)M-Simon Wrote:  Measurements done. No cylinder is below 12 Bar / 180 PSI.

Hello friend for the BMW that use the N63 engine we have many problems.
The most common.
Spark plugs. For spark plugs I always use NGK Bosch I always have problems. Never forget to use the I'm torquemeter and apply the correct torque to the spark plugs. Ignition coils. All air intake ducts and ventilation tubes are recessed to replace.
 Carry out a check to break the lack of tightness in the air intake system from the main entrance, including the turbo pressurization system.
Carry out a chain test when the wear of the parts that make up the engine distribution system (chain, tensioner, chain guide, gutters, etc.)
Here in Brazil, there is a BMW measure that includes replacing all fuel injectors high pressure fuel pumps all engine ventilation tubes vacuum pump flow sensors timing chain low fuel pressure sensor if everything applies to the vehicle .this you can check directly at a BMW dealer if you have anything related to your vehicle.Do not forget that everything I said, regardless of being applied by BMW, has a verification process before replacing any part. 
Don't forget to check that the low fuel pressure system is 100% functional so as not to misdiagnose it.
Make a diagnostic strategy and do not skip any steps to find the cause of the problem and not make mistakes.
Remembering that injectors must never be installed in the same bank with different injector index. Equalize the injectors after adapting them.
If you want to provide the chassis number, I can see if my system can see if your vehicle has any measurements.
When applying the BMW measurement, it is necessary to program the DME unit.
I'm not saying all this because I saw someone say it, but because I did it a lot when I worked at the BMW dealership here in Brazil for 8 years and 3 years ago I'm not there anymore.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to papachivas for this post
19-06-2023, 23:33 PM,
(19-06-2023, 21:50 PM)papachivas Wrote:  
(30-05-2023, 14:06 PM)M-Simon Wrote:  Measurements done. No cylinder is below 12 Bar / 180 PSI.

Hello friend for the BMW that use the N63 engine we have many problems.
The most common.
Spark plugs. For spark plugs I always use NGK Bosch I always have problems. Never forget to use the I'm torquemeter and apply the correct torque to the spark plugs. Ignition coils. All air intake ducts and ventilation tubes are recessed to replace.

Here is good video that someone in shop did

If any of my posts or current one helps then don't forget to press thanks and add a reputation thankyou
Visit this user's website
[+] 1 user says Thank You to CATAHA for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW G15 remember last driving mode & ECO PRO MSA memory coding duss46 7 544 26-03-2024, 18:56 PM
Last Post: duss46
  Solved ✔ Car shut off while driving cas 3 lost communication xMoses 3 213 08-12-2023, 15:20 PM
Last Post: xMoses
XZBMW Bmw F10 stopped while driving redog4dy 7 526 05-10-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: redog4dy
  G26 driving assistant plus Jacce75 6 594 04-10-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: Node
XZBMW Strange Problem X1 E84 goes in P when driving budddyyy 22 1,333 16-06-2023, 21:01 PM
Last Post: bmchicago
XZBMW G20 - No navigation or Driving Assistant in HUD MichaelNRW 4 1,030 23-04-2023, 13:00 PM
Last Post: MichaelNRW
  NBT EVO driving mode. Jalami 1 322 14-04-2023, 15:43 PM
Last Post: Mwahab
  N63 Which Software to track down a defective Injector while driving? M-Simon 9 784 28-03-2023, 19:39 PM
Last Post: Beard
  New laptop for coding and diagnosing BMW and more kklobo 26 1,893 04-02-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: donke
XZBMW Help diagnosing intermittent electrical faults Fractals 4 517 19-10-2022, 16:49 PM
Last Post: StarmanBL